Author Topic: Young guns  (Read 465 times)

Young guns
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
After the CB trade deadline enthropy has ended, I have a need to give "Danny and the Celtics" some public praise.
We haven't traded, or to this date, signed a veteran. Something generaly percieved as a normal, if not obligatory thing to do if you are hoping for a deep run. That leads me to the conclusion that our youngest players are primed to get some meaningfull minutes this year. It means that they believe in them to get it done in the playoffs.
I love that fact. We have commited ourselves in the shorterm to give a shot to some young guns. 20 year old kids.
I remember when I was looking for that first try to showcase of what I can do, to grow and earn some money in the process. Don't get me wrong, it is not like I am some big shot now. Back to young guns, when you come to think of it, Brown and Rozier, why shouln't they get that shot instead of some old guys. They are athletic, were high picks, have good motors. I have seen the magic happen to some kids that were too young to succeed by many. As LarBird posted in his goodbye letter. There is nothing like watching young talented guys make that leap. This could be it. For JB and TR it could mean 23 minutes in a big win. That can light the spark.
I didn't yet mention Smarts very probable 32+ playoff minutes per game. He is still just 22, but he is a vet to us. There is no better way to build a team than organicaly and we are doing just that.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."