3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49056 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2018, 12:29:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
league sources say Jimmy Butler sought out Minnesota owner Glen Taylor in recent days for reassurances trade talks were proceeding in good faith.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1044599418266079233

Thibs told Taj Gibson they’ve been through a lot worse in Chicago than this Jimmy Butler saga. Taj’s reaction: Really?

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/status/1044594979312738304

I don't get Thibs... Actually I don't get the Wolves... In what universe, was giving him GM+ head coaching duties make any coherent sense given his track record?

I don't understand why any team ever hires anyone to be both head coach and GM. It almost never works out.

« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2018, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
calling it now: Butler ends up in Milwaukee by the end of the week with the trade being something like - Jimmy Butler & Gorgui Dieng for Khris Middleton, Tony Snell & John Henson. Gets Minny a bit younger while keeping them competitive, which is ultimately Thibodeu's goal. It's a risky move for Milwaukee, since Butler is a free agent at the end of the year, but also a move that shows their franchise star that they are serious about contending for a title.

MIL would look something like...

PG - Eric Bledsoe , Matthew Dellavedova
SG - Jimmy Butler , Malcolm Brogdon , Donte Divicenzo
SF - Giannis Antetokounmpo , Shabazz Muhammed
PF - Thon Maker , Ersan Ilyasova
C - Brook Lopez , Gorgui Dieng , Tyler Zeller

That, in my opinion, is a better team than Philly or Torontos got.

Butler can be the DWade to Giannis's LeBron. Then you add in guards who can defend and bigs who can spread the floor and you got a lethal squad. And now they actually have a competent head coach in Budenholzer who can make it all work.

« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2018, 07:40:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
calling it now: Butler ends up in Milwaukee by the end of the week with the trade being something like - Jimmy Butler & Gorgui Dieng for Khris Middleton, Tony Snell & John Henson. Gets Minny a bit younger while keeping them competitive, which is ultimately Thibodeu's goal. It's a risky move for Milwaukee, since Butler is a free agent at the end of the year, but also a move that shows their franchise star that they are serious about contending for a title.

Butler can be the DWade to Giannis's LeBron. Then you add in guards who can defend and bigs who can spread the floor and you got a lethal squad. And now they actually have a competent head coach in Budenholzer who can make it all work.
I’d be really interested in seeing this team go. Two best players are relatively weak shooters, who live from 16 feet inwards. Both think of themselves as alphas.

I still see that team as worse than Toronto and perhaps Philly if they get their act together. Not frightened, as I think Middleton fits next to Giannis better
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I prefer Middleton. Younger, cheaper, a better shooter and a better leader.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Khris+Middleton&player_id1_select=Khris+Middleton&y1=2018&player_id1=middlkh01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Jimmy+Butler&player_id2_select=Jimmy+Butler&y2=2018&player_id2=butleji01&idx=players

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I prefer Middleton. Younger, cheaper, a better shooter and a better leader.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Khris+Middleton&player_id1_select=Khris+Middleton&y1=2018&player_id1=middlkh01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Jimmy+Butler&player_id2_select=Jimmy+Butler&y2=2018&player_id2=butleji01&idx=players
They also really could use Snell's shooting.  They were a different team with him out there letting Giannis work more inside. 

Frankly I don't see anyway they get someone like Middleton for Butler with Dieng attached.  Dieng's contract is awful (and I get Snell and Henson don't exactly have great contracts, but they are better contracts than Dieng's and they are both better players also). 

Now maybe I'm totally misreading this market and Butler gets all sorts of interest, but it would surprise me if they get anything good if they attach Dieng.  Now if they just move Butler they might get something decent, but certainly no where near what they reportedly want.  I actually think they might be better off moving him later in the season after more contracts can be moved, teams start to get injuries, or start to think they might have a shot at doing some damage where they might pay a bit more.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

This is good trade. I think I had Delly and Khris Middleton for Butler and Dieng on some trade board. My trade may be too favorable to the Bucks. I also like Snell better for the Bucks than Delly.

« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I actually think they might be better off moving him later in the season after more contracts can be moved, teams start to get injuries, or start to think they might have a shot at doing some damage where they might pay a bit more.

I was wondering the same thing.  After January 15, all of the free agents signed this off-season can be moved.  That would at least increase the number of teams that could make an offer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I actually think they might be better off moving him later in the season after more contracts can be moved, teams start to get injuries, or start to think they might have a shot at doing some damage where they might pay a bit more.

I was wondering the same thing.  After January 15, all of the free agents signed this off-season can be moved.  That would at least increase the number of teams that could make an offer.

But wouldn't you be worried about Butler acting as a team cancer on the younger players?

« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Jimmy Butler and his agent Bernie Lee have informed Wolves ownership that Miami is Butler's preferred trade destination, league sources say

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1044945534543437825?s=21

« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2018, 10:17:39 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Jimmy Butler and his agent Bernie Lee have informed Wolves ownership that Miami is Butler's preferred trade destination, league sources say

Is that Marc Stein or a fake account?

The Heat make a lot of sense for Butler and as a trade partner for the Wolves.

« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Miami...soon.  And by the way, this shoots the hell out of all the New York bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. with Kyrie !!!

« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2018, 10:24:16 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Miami...soon.  And by the way, this shoots the hell out of all the New York bull**** with Kyrie !!!

first thing that came to my mind

« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
i wouldnt trade for him if i was Miami unlessvhe signs long term..dont be like Toronto with Leonard..he going to bolt to LA and toronto will lose Leonard and Derozan
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: No one likes butler
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Does anyone know why no one really likes butler? And why towns hates him so much?

Off of the top of my head, here's why I think Butler may not be that likeable a guy... (For the record I was very pro Butler in the beginning. He worked hard to become an All Star and an accomplished two-way player... But Jim got carried away, bought into himself, and beefed with the Bulls. Now he seems like a celebrity that plays basketball a la Chamberlain. As far as Wiggins and KAT, Butler might be right. Those two might be cats on an island of dogs).

1. 2013, Butler posts a picture wearing a shirt that isn't awful although I don't care to post it. Devil's advocate: he's young, whatever.
https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/07/jimmy-butler-apologizes-offensive-t-shirt

2. 2015, The Bulls post this video on their Youtube where he sings Taylor Swift. First time I was like, this dude kinda seems less cool than he purports. Devil's advocate: I've had weirder teammates that were cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vEC188Mqcw

3. 2016, Bill Simmons podcast. This is where I was like, ehh I dunno about this guy. Amongst other weird attituded comments, JB alludes to some sort of odd tension (pre trade) with D. Wade that made Simmons use the "on your corner" analogy.
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/743477041467527169

4. 2016, "I take myself way too serious" Mountain Dew ad. Note the anchorman saying "well we all know he's friends with Mark Wahlberg." Maybe this appeals to certain people. I doubt Bill Russell is one of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb2j088jIQI

5. 2017, Marcus Smart "isn't about that life" comments that made Smart laugh. This seemed like the first time someone was like, "yeah I don't really think Butler's all that tough."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMZd8_OEJ0

6. 2018, he writes "WELL [dang]" on a picture of Wade's wife in a bikini, then apologizes and says he's still coming to their bbq. Good one, Jim. Whether or not that's in jest it makes me think Butler is, well, sort of a richard.... Over the line, Smokey.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dwyane-wade-called-out-jimmy-butler-for-a-comment-on-gabrielle-unions-instagram/

I don't care what Butler does as long as he's not a Celtic. Lots of people and athletes do similar things. You can compare a lot of the stuff I mentioned to Kyrie and I'd be forced to agree with some of it. In the same way only one knucklehead can be on a team, I think their can only be one Hollywoodish person per team. Plus like, Butler dribbles too much.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2018, 12:36:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Is that Marc Stein or a fake account?

The Heat make a lot of sense for Butler and as a trade partner for the Wolves.

Yeah, I like Butler in Miami. They’d be a really dangerous lower seed playoff team that could cause problems for someone in the first round. They’d be a really athletic, scrappy, and defensively annoying team.