Author Topic: 07 Celtics + Yi Jianlan VS 08 Hawks  (Read 6043 times)

07 Celtics + Yi Jianlan VS 08 Hawks
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:50:42 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
What team do you believe has/had a brighter future?

My answer might be a bit biased but I was curious what you thought.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: 07 Celtics + Yi Jianlan VS 08 Hawks
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36
08 Hawks are the better team
Al Horford, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams,Childress are a much better core than Jefferson, Rondo, Pierce, Yi
I dont think its really a debate. Hawks are superior defensively, on the boards, and athletically. The teams even out on scoring. 

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 07:01:05 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Al Horford, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams,Childress are a much better core than Jefferson, Rondo, Pierce, Yi
I dont think its really a debate. Hawks are superior defensively, on the boards, and athletically. The teams even out on scoring. 

The Hawks aren't superior defensively. We were better, and that was with Perk having health issues and Green playing a lot of minutes that Paul would have been at SF. We'd also have still had Theo's expiring contract, and Wally's this year.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 10:34:19 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

I think it would have all come down to coaching and development to determine what team would have been better. I'm not sure its a slam dunk in the Hawks Favor.

Let me pose another question:

If Al Jefferson was plucked off the Celtics Roster in the 07  season and put into the last NBA draft what number would he have been picked?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Pierce would have been giving Doc and the Management a misinterpreted Blood, Sweat, & Tears symbol all season long.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Pierce would have been moved for another young player/draft pick.

I would take the Celtics.  They have a better spread of players.  Most of Atlanta's players are SFs.  Celtics had a top PG in the making.  A top PF in the making.  And roll players at the rest of the positions. 

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Pierce would have been moved for another young player/draft pick.

I would take the Celtics.  They have a better spread of players.  Most of Atlanta's players are SFs.  Celtics had a top PG in the making.  A top PF in the making.  And roll players at the rest of the positions. 

I agree, I take Al Jefferson and Rajon Rhondo as my #'s 1 and 2 out of both rosters combined  (excluding JJ and PP)

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sorry guys, JJ, Josh Smith, and Horford are a better building core then Pierce, Al, and Rondo. 
do it

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 03:12:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Celtics are certainly the better team. They've balance. They've a point, an all-pro wing, and two young big men. Best point guard. Best wing. Best big man.

Celtics would also have Theo's expiring contract and Wally's contract to deal for veteran re-inforcements.

The Hawks young core is vastly overrated. Boston absolutely would have had a better team.