Author Topic: Is she avoiding me, or 'really,' busy? Just wondering what you guys think.  (Read 17232 times)

Re: Is she avoiding me, or 'really,' busy? Just wondering what you guys think.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I'd just pretend I don't have a girlfriend without misbehaving. Seems to get their attention real quick.

This!

I have to say, it seems to work for me almost every time.  Girls don't like being ignored when they are giving you the cold shoulder.  Convinces them that maybe you really don't care, which drives them crazy.  Tends to work on even the most strong willed of women. 

In fact it's so effective that it almost feels like cheating - like playing a video game with god mode on.

As guys we tend to be simpler creatures - we just want to be straight up and say it as it is.  No mind games, no bs.  Doesn't always work with women though, and sometimes you need to resort to the undesirable approach of playing them at their own game.  Not because you want to, just because nothing else gets through.

boom

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2015, 08:09:49 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Oh and last one is a big one. Sometimes pregnant women avoid a soon would be father of their child to make abortion a non-option due to development rather than come out and tell them. JS

??
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Oh and last one is a big one. Sometimes pregnant women avoid a soon would be father of their child to make abortion a non-option due to development rather than come out and tell them. JS

??
It's kind of what another poster mentioned. Pregnant women may become distant. Some women however do it on purpose to hide the early pregnacy signs and thus avoid abortion debate with the father. After 12 weeks personal health concerns start to come into effect just adding to the pros of keeping the baby.

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

??
It's kind of what another poster mentioned. Pregnant women may become distant. Some women however do it on purpose to hide the early pregnacy signs and thus avoid abortion debate with the father. After 12 weeks personal health concerns start to come into effect just adding to the pros of keeping the baby.
Interesting.

OP - did you use protection?

???

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Assuming she didn't get pregnant (a pretty bad assumption) the "communicate" advice isn't the best advice because she clearly doesn't want to. Women need to be prompted to communicate like men need to be prompted to drink beer or watch football.  If she cared she'd tell you exactly what she's busy with and when she won't be busy. 

Start talking to other women that don't blow you off.  If she gives a darn she will get this at some point and then explain why she was busy and come back.

But you definitely need to deal with some pregnancy realities right now.

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
looks like this woman turned you out, and you did not turn are out, but that is speculation.

Where I am going is you need to give the forum more facts to get effective advice. For instance, how old is this woman, does she live with her parents, is she religious, etc. What were the circumstances of that 'first time'. I am not saying you have to spill your guts here, but this are some of the facts you need to give to someone you trust in order to get a considered opinion.

From the little you have given it seems the best advice so far is the advice to communicate. Tell her basically what you told the forum, and then ask what's up.

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's interesting how the responses are split almost 50-50 between "try to communicate with her" and "try to deliberately be even worse at communicating than she is".  Would love to see a demographic breakdown of each side.

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2015, 03:12:34 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
It's interesting how the responses are split almost 50-50 between "try to communicate with her" and "try to deliberately be even worse at communicating than she is".  Would love to see a demographic breakdown of each side.
I still say keep it simple. All these examples may work for other guys who ignore the chick, but they may be smoother with the women or they may be better looking then the OP.

The OP should just ask her to call him to go out for a drink when she's less busy. That way he's not completely ignoring her. If she blows him off, then so be it. And if she was actually busy, then no harm was done by not over crowding her with nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:52:13 PM by KeepRondo »

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2015, 03:15:57 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
And by demographic, especially interested in age.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
looks like this woman turned you out, and you did not turn are out, but that is speculation.

Where I am going is you need to give the forum more facts to get effective advice. For instance, how old is this woman, does she live with her parents, is she religious, etc. What were the circumstances of that 'first time'. I am not saying you have to spill your guts here, but this are some of the facts you need to give to someone you trust in order to get a considered opinion.

From the little you have given it seems the best advice so far is the advice to communicate. Tell her basically what you told the forum, and then ask what's up.

Be sure to start it out with something like "So, I was bouncing our situation by several thousand Celtics fans on line and they seemed to think..."
Yup

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Be sure to start it out with something like "So, I was bouncing our situation by several thousand Celtics fans on line and they seemed to think..."

I said tell her what you told the forum, not tell her you told the forum. Get it???

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I said tell her what you told the forum, not tell her you told the forum. Get it???

Yep.  Sorry wasn't suggesting you said to do so, just generally pointing out that she'd probably be mortified if she found out this many opinions were being solicited. 
Yup

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Yep.  Sorry wasn't suggesting you said to do so, just generally pointing out that she'd probably be mortified if she found out this many opinions were being solicited.
idk...names were withheld to protect the guilty

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2015, 03:51:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

idk...names were withheld to protect the guilty

Lord knows I bared my soul many a time in this forum.  I just do less of it now!
Yup

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:58 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
Pretty shocked to see that one of the most popular reactions is "punish her by cutting her off." That displays a pretty intense lack of sympathy for a person you supposedly care about. Something could be seriously wrong in her personal life--she could be feeling overwhelmed by school, she could be feeling depressed, she could have something going on with her family. Before you jump to conclusions about her behavior, try asking her what's wrong in a genuinely concerned, non-accusatory manner. IF she continues to blow you off, THEN you can decide whether it's worth pursuing things with her own not.

If you're pursuing a relationship with someone your first reaction should always be compassionate, not punitive. You can't just put your feelings/needs first without giving the other person a chance to express hers.