Author Topic: Harden to Boston, Walker to Detroit, Griffin to Oklahoma, Horford to Houston  (Read 4073 times)

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Who does not agree to this four-team trade:

To Boston (needs superstar):

James Harden

To Detroit (needs PG, has cap space):

Kemba Walker
George Hill
Grant Williams

To Oklahoma (Blake is from OKC, so will sell tickets):

Blake Griffin
Carsen Edwards

To Houston (obviously rebuilding, so this is our ticket to a superstar, but it will cost to get Harden and cost some extra to absorb Big Al):

Al Horford
Romeo Langford
2021 BOS 1st
2022 OKC-PHX 1st (Top 10 protection)
2023 BOS 1st
2023 DET 1st (Top 3 protection)
2025 BOS 1st (Top 3 protection)
2021 BOS 2nd
2022 BOS 2nd
2025 BOS 2nd

It would work as soon as December 11:

https://tradenba.com/trades/WUuphE8Sd

Everybody gets what they want, right?

Harden running point with Smart covering his defensive deficiencies would give us the best yin-and-yang back court in the league. We’ve already got one of the best, if not the best, wing combos in Brown and Tatum. Now with TT, we’ve got that defensive big-man to get the rebounds, and Theis as relief. Really think this move, in combination with a couple ring-chasing vets, could get us the next title and maybe 2-3 titles in the next 4-5 years.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 10:43:01 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Good luck convincing OKC to part ways with a 1st rounder for the ghost of Blake Griffin
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Good luck convincing OKC to part ways with a 1st rounder for the ghost of Blake Griffin

What if it’s lottery-protected rather than just top ten protected? Odds are that the pick will be in the upper/mid-teens. They would have to give something to basically turn Big Albatross into OKC’s native son, who can actually generate revenue in OKC. From a business standpoint, it makes a lot of sense given that they currently have, what, 20 first-round picks for the 2020s?

Under no circumstances should we trade Kemba unless we get a superstar with 3 years left on his contract. Harden fits the bill. We won’t need free agency anytime soon if we pull off this deal, particularly now that we have Tatum and Brown sewed up long-term. The threes we could rain down on people with Harden and Tatum will make them the new splash bros. Smart can rub off on Harden on the defensive-end to at least get him to put in effort. Harden wants a ring as badly as anybody and he’s still in his prime give the way he plays (not a lot of crazy jumping/no crazy defense—heck, no defense some years where nobody asked it of him)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 10:56:49 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Another reason why we need to make a play for Harden: if we don’t, the 6ers and/or Nets might and it’s probably game over for us if he goes to Philly and definitely game over if he goes to the Nets.

We get Harden, only injuries can stop us from the Finals and likely a championship. I really believe Harden/Tatum can beat James/Davis because of the three that Davis cannot bring to the table, and our number three guy being better than theirs.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Another reason why we need to make a play for Harden: if we don’t, the 6ers and/or Nets might and it’s probably game over for us if he goes to Philly and definitely game over if he goes to the Nets.

We get Harden, only injuries can stop us from the Finals and likely a championship. I really believe Harden/Tatum can beat James/Davis because of the three that Davis cannot bring to the table, and our number three guy being better than theirs.

Let’s not go crazy.  Harden has reached the Finals once, as a sixth man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm not interested in Harden at all. I hate watching him play for one, but Houston has pretty much given him whatever he wants and he's still trying to bail. He wanted Dwight, they signed him and Harden soured on him. He wanted to play with Chris Paul, they trade for him, Harden soured on him too. Harden wanted to play with his good friend Russell Westbrook, that's fallen apart.

Harden won't be happy and I have no interest in Danny breaking our team trying to get him to buy in.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:34:58 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

What if it’s lottery-protected rather than just top ten protected? Odds are that the pick will be in the upper/mid-teens. They would have to give something to basically turn Big Albatross into OKC’s native son, who can actually generate revenue in OKC. From a business standpoint, it makes a lot of sense given that they currently have, what, 20 first-round picks for the 2020s?

Under no circumstances should we trade Kemba unless we get a superstar with 3 years left on his contract. Harden fits the bill. We won’t need free agency anytime soon if we pull off this deal, particularly now that we have Tatum and Brown sewed up long-term. The threes we could rain down on people with Harden and Tatum will make them the new splash bros. Smart can rub off on Harden on the defensive-end to at least get him to put in effort. Harden wants a ring as badly as anybody and he’s still in his prime give the way he plays (not a lot of crazy jumping/no crazy defense—heck, no defense some years where nobody asked it of him)
How is Blake generating revenue for OKC?  I don't think he is that big of a draw anymore.  Anyway Covid is going to limit number of fans in the stands.  I expect that OKC will revive some of Al's value to a playoff team.  Also you included George Hill who OKC should definitely be able to get some value for from a playoff team. 

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
no, no, no,         I mean HARDEN is GREAT and everything, i just HATE watching him play...    i'm really not for sure if Tatum would like playing with him, i just don't see it working, and if you think the Celtics shoot to many threes now, just WOW, think about that after adding Harden...???      :blank:

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Let’s not go crazy.  Harden has reached the Finals once, as a sixth man.

Only because Steph/Klay/KD were in the way. And let’s not forget the Rockets pushed those guys when healthy better than anybody else in the league.

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

How is Blake generating revenue for OKC?  I don't think he is that big of a draw anymore.  Anyway Covid is going to limit number of fans in the stands.  I expect that OKC will revive some of Al's value to a playoff team.  Also you included George Hill who OKC should definitely be able to get some value for from a playoff team.

Blake has always been a favorite in Oklahoma because that’s where he was born, raised and played college ball. He’ll still generate eyeballs on TV and sell jerseys.

In terms of Big Albatross, nobody is giving anything of value to get that contract. George Over-the-Hill? He’s filler now. Maybe someone would give a second-round pick for him...

Basically, if the Rockets were interested in Kemba being paired with Wall, and later trading one of them for value, we can probably pull this off with a bunch of picks, Kemba, Langford, someone else. But thought it would be more interesting if OKC got their native son, Detroit got their all-star PG they want (I’d feel better about Kemba going there than Houston to compete with Wall for touches), and the fireworks of a James Harden trade involving four teams and four former all-stars. Also helps the Rockets save face after clearly blowing it with Harden.

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
no, no, no,         I mean HARDEN is GREAT and everything, i just HATE watching him play...    i'm really not for sure if Tatum would like playing with him, i just don't see it working, and if you think the Celtics shoot to many threes now, just WOW, think about that after adding Harden...???      :blank:

The Warrior Way of nailing threes in a constant flow pattern is how we can stop James/Davis. CBS could work wonders with Harden and take him to the next level.

Ultimately, unless Giannis or Kawhi become disgruntled, Harden’s our only shot at a superstar.

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
If I were the Pistons, I'd have zero interest in Kemba.

Not to mention, 4-way trades of this magnitude are pretty rare. We're basically talking about a pipe dream here.

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

You would not take the East’s 2020 starting all-star PG, George Hill and Grant Williams in exchange for finally dumping Blake Griffin? And all you have to give up, really, is a protected first-round pick in 2023 to instantly have PG stability and rid yourself of Griffin, who’s probably of no value to anybody in the league at those dollars other than OKC? Would you really rather have Blake Griffin and a 2023 non-top 3 first round pick than Kemba Walker, George Hill and Grant Williams? If we had no PG, I’d kill for that deal even with Kemba’s knee issue (him making a full comeback is far more likely than a 2023 non-top 3 first-round pick panning out).

Not specific to above, but I’ve gotta say in other threads I’ve seen how vastly overrated first-round picks are in the eyes of many. It’s exceedingly rare for a pick outside of the top three to pan out. This isn’t the NFL. It’s an absolute crapshoot when you’re not top three. If you’re almost certainly going to be competitive, non-lottery for the foreseeable future, you gotta trade these [dang] things for guys we know can ball in the NBA. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of James Youngs at worst and Terry Roziers at best unless you get REAL lucky with a Giannis or Jokic (scout Europe!)...or real unlucky with the injury bug and unexpectedly get a top three pick (e.g., GSW). Just throw top 3 protections on most every pick you deal to hedge against that risk (unless it’s make-or-break for an all-star). 

not to mention, 4-way trades of this magnitude are pretty rare. We're basically talking about a pipe dream here.

Not going to argue with this. Very difficult to pull off a three-way, let alone a four-way.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 04:32:48 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Please change this thread's title to include "Trade Proposal" or something like that LOOL....

All I could imagine was Harden in BOS and Jayson (or BOTH) of The Jays in HOU.

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

You would not take the East’s 2020 starting all-star PG, George Hill and Grant Williams in exchange for finally dumping Blake Griffin? And all you have to give up, really, is a protected first-round pick in 2023 to instantly have PG stability and rid yourself of Griffin, who’s probably of no value to anybody in the league at those dollars other than OKC? Would you really rather have Blake Griffin and a 2023 non-top 3 first round pick than Kemba Walker, George Hill and Grant Williams? If we had no PG, I’d kill for that deal even with Kemba’s knee issue (him making a full comeback is far more likely than a 2023 non-top 3 first-round pick panning out).

Not specific to above, but I’ve gotta say in other threads I’ve seen how vastly overrated first-round picks are in the eyes of many. It’s exceedingly rare for a pick outside of the top three to pan out. This isn’t the NFL. It’s an absolute crapshoot when you’re not top three. If you’re almost certainly going to be competitive, non-lottery for the foreseeable future, you gotta trade these [dang] things for guys we know can ball in the NBA. Otherwise, you end up with a bunch of James Youngs at worst and Terry Roziers at best unless you get REAL lucky with a Giannis or Jokic (scout Europe!)...or real unlucky with the injury bug and unexpectedly get a top three pick (e.g., GSW). Just throw top 3 protections on most every pick you deal to hedge against that risk (unless it’s make-or-break for an all-star). 

not to mention, 4-way trades of this magnitude are pretty rare. We're basically talking about a pipe dream here.

Not going to argue with this. Very difficult to pull off a three-way, let alone a four-way.
- The Pistons drafted Killian Hayes at #7 who's a promising PG prospect. What's the point in trading for a star who plays the same position as Hayes?

- They already got an injury prone star PG in his early 30s in D-Rose. He's probably healthier than Kemba is right now and he's way cheaper as well. 

- The Pistons are in rebuilding mode. I bet they'd rather have picks and prospects over established vets like Hill.

- Griffin is injury prone, but so is Kemba who's also on the books for 1 extra season.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 07:30:44 AM by Jvalin »