Author Topic: What's up with Josh Jackson?  (Read 5262 times)

Re: What's up with Josh Jackson?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The Suns are the worst young talent development team in the league.
or worst young talent drafting team.  ;D
When they draft guys who are better when they arrive at age 18 or 19 than they are at age 21 or 22 that’s a huge developmental issue.  Don’t forget Chriss, who looked like a steal initially.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 08:59:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Jackson can be a good role player in a good team. It may take a couple more years but I think his bbiq is solid. I must admit I was a big proponent of drafting him, I had no idea Tatum would prove out so much better. Glad Danny’s our GM and not me.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 09:14:33 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
When they draft guys who are better when they arrive at age 18 or 19 than they are at age 21 or 22 that’s a huge developmental issue.  Don’t forget Chriss, who looked like a steal initially.

Chriss might have attitude problems though, based on reports I've read

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 02:42:46 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Chiss and Jackson.
Run, jump... what are the other skills they have?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 04:45:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Chiss and Jackson.
Jackson displayed pretty good ball-handling, playmaking and defensive skills both in college and last season.

Chriss could never really do anything but dunk
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 05:20:14 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Chiss and Jackson.
Jackson displayed pretty good ball-handling, playmaking and defensive skills both in college and last season.

Ball handling and playmaking - meh. Didn't seem good enough for a 1st or 2nd ballhandler on a team. The 3rd or 4th ballhandlers are just not that useful.
Defense - IMO he is 1 number smaller (shoulders, hips) than those leagues really good wing defenders. If he wants to stay in the league he should see defensive end as his bread. The offense, shooting in particular, just isn't there.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 06:38:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald

Chiss and Jackson.

Ball handling and playmaking - meh. Didn't seem good enough for a 1st or 2nd ballhandler on a team. The 3rd or 4th ballhandlers are just not that useful.
Defense - IMO he is 1 number smaller (shoulders, hips) than those leagues really good wing defenders. If he wants to stay in the league he should see defensive end as his bread. The offense, shooting in particular, just isn't there.
He looked like he could be a 2nd ballhandler, like a Butler or Hayward.  That's very useful. 

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Chiss and Jackson.

He looked like he could be a 2nd ballhandler, like a Butler or Hayward.  That's very useful.
I didn't notice any advanced dribbling moves or some superior vision.
It was more like; I have the ball a lot, I am fast and I go.
That worked some on collegian level (kids), It wouldn't work in Europe, let alone NBA.
And If you don't have a jumper it diminishes the effectiveness of his playmaking and driving game even further.

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
they ll let him go and he ll,be a star on Lakers or Mavs

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 09:12:49 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I think a Philly and Phoenix trade of Fultz for Jackson, would be good for both teams and players. A change of scenery for Fultz would be especially helpful for him. The guy couldn't help his college team win, but was expected to be the missing piece to an NBA title contender on a young team. The pressure to win in Phoenix is radically different than the expectations in Philly now.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think a Philly and Phoenix trade of Fultz for Jackson, would be good for both teams and players. A change of scenery for Fultz would be especially helpful for him. The guy couldn't help his college team win, but was expected to be the missing piece to an NBA title contender on a young team. The pressure to win in Phoenix is radically different than the expectations in Philly now.

Why would anyone on this site care about Philly and Markelle Fultz unless your are a Philly fan?

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald

Why would anyone on this site care about Philly and Markelle Fultz unless your are a Philly fan?
I dislike Philly but would like to see both Fultz and Jackson succeed.  I’d love to see Fultz on Phoenix.  I think the reduced pressure and green light on offense would help him a lot.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 06:28:23 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I dislike Philly but would like to see both Fultz and Jackson succeed.  I’d love to see Fultz on Phoenix.  I think the reduced pressure and green light on offense would help him a lot.

The way that Jackson and his loser of an agent treated Boston in the pre-draft process I couldn't care less if Jackson succeeds or just revels in loser land with his grin like he is actually any good. Fultz I feel bad for but not enough to make Philly a better team.

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This is what happens when you get drafted by a poorly owned/managed franchise. He wanted the minutes but in a setting with no veteran leadership etc. this is what happens. I haven't given up on this guy though. I do think a change of scenery might do him good though.