Author Topic: Some of my posts are ahead of their time  (Read 501 times)

Some of my posts are ahead of their time
« on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I possted here that Doc was acting in bad faith with the Celtics way before Doc was exposed for being a fraud.

Now it turns out that I was right again when I poste that free agents in the NBA could skirt salary cap issues to chase rings by taking less money to play for contenders. Now the entire NBA is up in arms against the NETS.

Why dont you guys just use my solution. If you know a player is worth 10 million a year and the team signs him for 3 million, you simply count his the 10 million that is his true value against the CAP. That will take care of any sham deals that allows player A to take less money.

I dont know why the NBA is mad at the NETS without being mad at say Miami. Lets see. LeBron James gets paid a ton of money for endorsements but he cannot win a ring, what stops him from taking less money to sign with a team so that the team can sign other max players while the shortfall in his contract is made up by his sponsors that in turn benefit from him winning that elusive ring. Dont hate the player (NETS) hate the rules (NBA).