Author Topic: Magic (40-40) at Celtics (48-32) Game #81 4/7/19  (Read 31197 times)

Re: Magic (40-40) at Celtics (48-32) Game #81 4/7/19
« Reply #300 on: April 08, 2019, 12:13:19 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
why does shot always end with Morris?

Because sometimes, Hayward is too much of a sissy to take the shot.

Morris could pass the ball back... oh, yeah, that's not going to happen...

And then we end up watching a game of hot potato go back and forth with the shot clock expiring.

It's just unfortunate that Mook tends to be the one open, because Kyrie and Gordon have created the opportunity by driving and attracting defenders. Mook isn't a facilitator and he's not looking to draw and pass so he will always end up with the shot. Gordon will always pass the ball to the open person, it's just unfortunate that it happens to be Mook all the time. I agree sometimes Gordon needs to be more selfish.

Yup. Hayward has improved remarkably over the last couple weeks. Now it appears the next step is to be less gun shy. If the best play available is taking the shot, then by all means. There is such a thing as too much passing. Just ask James Harden (lol)

« Reply #301 on: April 08, 2019, 12:41:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Jayson Tatum needs to stop being a selfish second-year player and start taking accountability. If he knows he's hurt, he should not be going out there playing a [meaningless] game. Instead, he should be resting. What if his injury was further aggravated and he becomes out for the rest of the year?

Frustrating at best.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2019, 01:04:04 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Jayson Tatum needs to stop being a selfish second-year player and start taking accountability. If he knows he's hurt, he should not be going out there playing a [meaningless] game. Instead, he should be resting. What if his injury was further aggravated and he becomes out for the rest of the year?

Frustrating at best.

The thought of getting further injured probably never crossed his mind. It's like climbing trees when we were kids - you never think you will fall (until you do). If you're young you're invincible.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2019, 03:29:48 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Didnt watch the game and cant find any concrete stuff on the web. How serious are the Smart and JT injuries? Did it look bad?

« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2019, 03:39:51 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Didnt watch the game and cant find any concrete stuff on the web. How serious are the Smart and JT injuries? Did it look bad?

Nothing noteworthy for Tatum, apparently he hurt it pre-game and just didn't feel right when he jumped. Smart on the other hand looked pretty serious as he collapsed to the floor trying to run, writhing in pain and needed to be helped off the court. I think they originally said left oblique strain then downgraded it to an oblique contusion.

Hopefully they are both good to go when we start the playoffs (rumored to be Sunday). I don't expect any regulars to play Tuesday night as the game means nothing to us (a loss wouldn't be the worst, we can let a couple teams slide past us for a better pick) or Washington (who would probably love to lose this game to at worst tie for 6th-best odds).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #305 on: April 08, 2019, 05:40:39 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Orlando owns us!! Hope we dont play them in first round
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Orlando owns us!! Hope we dont play them in first round
we playing the Pacers. it is final.

« Reply #307 on: April 08, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »

Offline trodrigo

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
Did I miss something or is Stevens a moron? Why were any starters playing against the Magic in a meaningless game since Pacers had already lost prior to the Magic game. My understanding was one C win or Pacer loss locked up the fourth seed for us. Why take the chance of injuries right before the playoffs? Now two critical players hurt as a result of playing in a game when they should have been on the bench. Clue me in if I’m way off base here

« Reply #308 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Did I miss something or is Stevens a moron? Why were any starters playing against the Magic in a meaningless game since Pacers had already lost prior to the Magic game. My understanding was one C win or Pacer loss locked up the fourth seed for us. Why take the chance of injuries right before the playoffs? Now two critical players hurt as a result of playing in a game when they should have been on the bench. Clue me in if I’m way off base here
He wanted the players to play a competitive game a week before the playoffs.

Why are people freaking out about it?

Is Doc a moron?
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200804120ATL.html

Is Pop a moron?
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200704150DAL.html

Is Kerr a moron?
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504130GSW.html

Injuries suck, but come on!!

« Reply #309 on: April 08, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Is Doc a moron?

Is Pop a moron?

Is Kerr a moron?

I agree. NBA players are getting paid to play basketball. Does anybody's boss here say "hey, Wednesday is going to be REALLY busy so go home and rest today and tomorrow."  C'mon man!!

The injury to Smart could've just as likely happened in game 1 of the playoffs as it did last night.

The complaining of some on this board about Stevens playing the starters was really annoying.

He's not playing any of the starters tomorrow night in Washington so that's already 1 game where no starters are going to see game action.

Besides, how does it help the players to enter the playoffs without playing in a game for over a week???

Also, last night Toronto played all of their starters vs. Miami and they literally have nothing to play for. They have the 2 seed locked up WITH home court advantage. So, what makes the 4th seed team so special?

« Reply #310 on: April 08, 2019, 12:06:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Hopefully CBS does the right thing and basically rests everybody tomorrow and lets 9-15 on the bench play only.

I could care less about last night's loss and don't care about tomorrow night either. HEALTH is the priority at this point and preparing for Indiana.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Is Doc a moron?

Is Pop a moron?

Is Kerr a moron?

Plus how many games do we want to rest the players.  Last meaningful game was Friday 4/5 and first playoff game will either be 4/13 or 4/14.  That's an 8 or 9 day gap between games.  Still, Stevens will likely sit the regulars on Tuesday.

Though I'd love to pick some coaches brains about this, obviously not uncommon to rest players on the last game of the season when seeding is already all tied up, but I might think it would make more sense to take the 2nd to last game off instead of the last.  That way you can use that last game of the season as a tune up for the playoffs so hopefully everybody goes into the playoffs sharp but still well rested.  This year's C's for example, if they took the Orlando game off but play everyone against Washington it would give the players 3 days rest, then another 3-4 days rest.  Instead we'll likely be looking at a 5-6 day stretch of rest.  I would think the former might be more preferably to the latter.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #312 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:42 PM »

Offline trodrigo

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
Okay okay I misspoke calling Brad a moron. He’s a great coach , but it’s just very frustrating when we just get the team healthy and then have what I consider a bad decision to play starters in a meaningless game which BTW we lost even with starters playing. Think about it if Tatum’s and Smart’s injuries took them out of the playoffs. Disaster for the Cs, and would you still be defending playing them in meaningless games? Also the comment about playing in a competitive game before playoffs! If you’re not tuned up after 81 regular season game, hang it up. And as far as Stevens not playing starters against Wizards, perhaps adage too little too late might apply.

« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Okay okay I misspoke calling Brad a moron. He’s a great coach , but it’s just very frustrating when we just get the team healthy and then have what I consider a bad decision to play starters in a meaningless game which BTW we lost even with starters playing. Think about it if Tatum’s and Smart’s injuries took them out of the playoffs. Disaster for the Cs, and would you still be defending playing them in meaningless games? Also the comment about playing in a competitive game before playoffs! If you’re not tuned up after 81 regular season game, hang it up. And as far as Stevens not playing starters against Wizards, perhaps adage too little too late might apply.
I would guess his plan was/is to sit them for tomorrow night's game.  Do you think it's wise to sit them for yesterday's game as well so that they enter the playoffs not having played a game in over 8 days?