Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) at Heat (0-3) Game 4 4/25  (Read 96533 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) at Heat (0-3) Game 4 4/25
« Reply #615 on: April 25, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Better to make mistakes and learn from them now when we're up two games than to just cruise and then get wakeup calls in Cleveland. Ray's not going to miss consecutive free throws again and neither will KG. Rondo will adjust to being defended by Wade. We're not going to turn the ball over a 10 or so times in the first quarter.

great points....11 turnovers in 1 quarter will not happen again. missed FTs by ray allen will not happen again. missed lay ups by rondo will not happen again...and most important...wade will not make 5/7 3s and score 45 points again.

« Reply #616 on: April 25, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
would you rather be atlanta today? the lakers today? the mavs today?

boston had a game to play with...they played flat...got down by 18 and came all the way back..they were only 5 missed FTs from winning..oh yeah..the other team had a guy score 45 and make shot out of his arse to do it.

TP

As the other series are showing, even great teams lose games.  I think people also have short memories about the Celtics championship teams of old.  Very seldom did any of them sweep any series. 

Sure...agreed....BUT---We've SUCKED at home all year.

« Reply #617 on: April 25, 2010, 04:29:31 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

boston had a game to play with...they played flat...got down by 18 and came all the way back..they were only 5 missed FTs from winning..oh yeah..the other team had a guy score 45 and make shot out of his arse to do it.

TP

As the other series are showing, even great teams lose games.  I think people also have short memories about the Celtics championship teams of old.  Very seldom did any of them sweep any series. 

2-0 at home these playoffs.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #618 on: April 25, 2010, 04:30:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

TP

they have played very well at home n games 1 and 2. i expect that again tuesday

« Reply #619 on: April 25, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

TP

they have played very well at home n games 1 and 2. i expect that again tuesday

Again, I think any loss isn't that bad in any playoff series.  If we lose Tuesday, then there's some cause for some concern. 

But the circumstances that occurred today are frustrating, but not really concerning.  I hope Wade comes out next game and starts bombing threes.  Because he'll probably NEVER (and I'm talking his entire career) shoot like that again from beyond the arc. 

And Ray will probably NEVER (and probably never has) missed three free throws in a row. 

I mean this is like losing to Cleveland on a Shaq three.  It sucks, but you know it isn't going to happen again. 

« Reply #620 on: April 25, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
look at the positives...they got down 18..on the road and came back to take a lead...and honestly they LOST the game with their easy misses (FTS)..d wade played pretty much the entire game on 1 leg. he wont have much left from here out. this was his hero moment. he made shots he usually misses. so yeah...wish they would have won...but look forward to tuesday. it is hard to sweep. i expect the bobcats win tomorrow and tie it up

« Reply #621 on: April 25, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
one more thing..boston got hardly anything from ray and PP in the first half b/c of fouls. and they still cut the lead to 6 without them. again..a loss like this SHOULD refocus this team

« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, tough loss.

We did battle back, though. That was good to see.

Wade had to play out of this world in this game. It won't happen on Tuesday.

We missed some freethrows, a few buckets down the stretch.

At least KG had a solid game, as well as Rondo.

While a Sweep would've been sweet, I'll take the one game in MIA.

« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Make up all the excuses you want to---BUT, when Game 7 rolls around and we are too worn out to give Cleveland a series, you'll look back to THIS disgraceful 4th quarter effort.

You mean we won't even look at the disgraceful effort in the 1st quarter? Why stop at the 4th? Arguably, we start off better in the 1st, what Wade does in the 4th doesn't matter, right?

But somehow, you're gonna sum all that up to losing Game 5 at home?

Yeah, tell me more. Maybe I'll buy what you're selling everyone.

« Reply #624 on: April 25, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
so tuesday is on NBATV? what a crock of crap. i dont have nbatv and cant watch the Cs clinch. i am p---ed

« Reply #625 on: April 25, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
look at the positives...they got down 18..on the road and came back to take a lead...and honestly they LOST the game with their easy misses (FTS)..d wade played pretty much the entire game on 1 leg. he wont have much left from here out. this was his hero moment. he made shots he usually misses. so yeah...wish they would have won...but look forward to tuesday. it is hard to sweep. i expect the bobcats win tomorrow and tie it up

my god! celticinorlando is the voice of reason, looking at the positives! we agree! tp for you, my friend, the inmates are running the asylum when you have stepped in to tell it like it is. good points all around and just some friendly ribbing ;)

« Reply #626 on: April 25, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
so tuesday is on NBATV? what a crock of crap. i dont have nbatv and cant watch the Cs clinch. i am peeved

I feel for you. Celtics don't sweep and you don't get to see the game that probably does clinch the series.

I consider myself thankful I have NBA:TV, for sure.

« Reply #627 on: April 25, 2010, 07:15:10 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
I feel bad for Wade. Sure, he won a title, but I think his career will be cut short by a great deal due to him having to carry that team around.

Here's hoping that the celtics give him his much needed rest after tuesday.

« Reply #628 on: April 25, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
I feel bad for Wade. Sure, he won a title, but I think his career will be cut short by a great deal due to him having to carry that team around.
After the next game he's a free agent. He can do whatever he wants. He can even go to Boston for MLE :D
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #629 on: April 25, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

my god! celticinorlando is the voice of reason, looking at the positives! we agree! tp for you, my friend, the inmates are running the asylum when you have stepped in to tell it like it is. good points all around and just some friendly ribbing ;)

isn't that the truth! i would feel different if it was 2-2. but boston has he better team heading home