Author Topic: Anybody else havingConnection/speed issues with Csblog?  (Read 46657 times)

Re: Anybody else having speed issues with Csblog?
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2017, 01:05:24 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I hate to continue to with the complaints, but would it be possible for a mod to respond to this thread (even a, 'sorry, that' just the way it is,' would be fine)? I have been on CB forever and it has been especially bad these last few months. I have a great laptop and iPhone 7 so it isn't the hardware (I use all types of browsers). Sometimes when I click on a new topic, it is super-fast, other times it can take well over a minute.

I've been getting this message more and more often and need to restart my browser altogether:

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

This is like the best site on the internet, but it would be great if we could deduce the problem and hopefully find a solution. I wouldn't think much of it if it were always like this, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.

Tp  jambr....it's been over a month since I started this thread and there is still a lot of speed inconsistency.

I just invoked the mods in changing the thread title based on your articulation. A response from the mods would be great.

We share a lot on csblog. Cs love is cool, speed issues not so much.

Any hope on the horizon?

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Yeah I'm getting this experience too. Just slow loading on the Forums section of Celtics Blog.

Everything seems to function normally on Pats Pulpit though, a Patriots football SBNation blog.

Maybe there's just too many "Watch Threads" going on, and then suddenly we're getting individual rookie threads hahaha.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
More often than I'd think reasonable, my connection "times out" when I try to post to the forum (seriously).  The speed of the server doesn't seem to align with the traffic from day-to-day.  For a team that's currently 1st in the East?  Man, unacceptable...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:57:45 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2017, 04:01:52 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I hate to continue to with the complaints, but would it be possible for a mod to respond to this thread (even a, 'sorry, that' just the way it is,' would be fine)? I have been on CB forever and it has been especially bad these last few months. I have a great laptop and iPhone 7 so it isn't the hardware (I use all types of browsers). Sometimes when I click on a new topic, it is super-fast, other times it can take well over a minute.

I've been getting this message more and more often and need to restart my browser altogether:

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

This is like the best site on the internet, but it would be great if we could deduce the problem and hopefully find a solution. I wouldn't think much of it if it were always like this, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.

Tp  jambr....it's been over a month since I started this thread and there is still a lot of speed inconsistency.

I just invoked the mods in changing the thread title based on your articulation. A response from the mods would be great.

Any hope on the horizon?

TP for being proactive. I messaged them on facebook too but no response. Only gonna get worse over the playoffs/draft season etc...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I don't think it's a traffic issue.
I'm in Europe and the response is very slow even when most of the Americans are sleeping.
There is like a 30 seconds response from the server most of the time. It's random here, it happens any time of the day/night.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I imagine running a server takes money and the like.   Unless your willing to help pay for the costs or help run it, I think we should respect the mods for who they are and what they do.  I do not imagine that being a mod is any of their full time jobs.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'll run it up the chain of command, but server issues are unfortunately fairly frequent. SBN handles the technical support for CelticsBlog, and they're servicing hundreds of blogs. They don't have anybody on staff who is an expert in our forums software, so many fixes require them to hire contractors.

I wouldn't suspect this to be a "forever" problem, but I can understand the frustration.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's been slow for months.  Often takes up to a minute for a Forum page to load.  Seems completely random.

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Any hope on the horizon?

TP for being proactive. I messaged them on facebook too but no response. Only gonna get worse over the playoffs/draft season etc...

TP , chambers, we're all in this together .

TP, to RoyH for responding, Thanks.

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2017, 07:56:37 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
OMG, I supposed it was only my problem because people in the US had faster Internet connections than here in Spain. Now I see it is a common issue.

My patience is challenged many times when posting, but as I've just read Roy, it's just the way it is. I'll keep dealing with it, this is one of the sites I most frequently visit and worth the "sacrifice".

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:32 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Thanks everybody for continuing the conversation and to Roy for providing some helpful info. At least we know we are all in this together  (tp Csfan ;) )

Hopefully it will work itself out - it's a wonderful site with a lot of great folks!

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Thanks everybody for continuing the conversation and to Roy for providing some helpful info. At least we know we are all in this together  (tp Csfan ;) )

Hopefully it will work itself out - it's a wonderful site with a lot of great folks!

TP for such an accurate description of me  ;D

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Finally this forum has worked faster for me in the last couple of days! Anyone else notice the same?

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2017, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Finally this forum has worked faster for me in the last couple of days! Anyone else notice the same?

Me too.

TP, sahara, for bringing it up!!!

I was the OP, and did a bunch of griping.

I should have complimented the mods/whoever fixed it, to acknowledge what they did.

Big thank you to them!!!

It makes the experience here SO much more enjoyable.

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Better for me too.