Author Topic: Luka Doncic is unreal- Official Doncic Thread  (Read 10878 times)

Re: Luka Doncic is unreal- Official Doncic Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2018, 05:53:41 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Just as i predict before draft, if you want an perennial allstar take Doncic, if you want a potential superstar draft Bamba

I was so happy when stupid Kings passing on Him

Uh, what?

In what universe of NBA are you seeing to deduce that Bamba could become a superstar, but Doncic is only an Allstar?
He is limited on his physical, means he is very close to his ceiling from the get go
If you put him on a team with no other stars and give him the ball all the time he can get  allstar number from year 1, even get superstar numbers in some year but he will never be a true superstar
Yes, just like Larry Bird could never reach that superstar status.
Larry Bird was 6'9
You have no idea what you are talking about

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2018, 06:25:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just as i predict before draft, if you want an perennial allstar take Doncic, if you want a potential superstar draft Bamba

Uh, what?

In what universe of NBA are you seeing to deduce that Bamba could become a superstar, but Doncic is only an Allstar?
He is limited on his physical, means he is very close to his ceiling from the get go
If you put him on a team with no other stars and give him the ball all the time he can get  allstar number from year 1, even get superstar numbers in some year but he will never be a true superstar
Larry Bird was 6'9
Luka Doncic is 6'7-6'8 and much better than Bird was at the same age, considering Bird wasn't even playing for Indiana until he was 20.

Doncic is far more a superstar prospect than freakin Mo Bamba.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9
Luka Doncic is 6'7-6'8 and much better than Bird was at the same age, considering Bird wasn't even playing for Indiana until he was 20.

For sure. I think it's likely that one day Doncic will become the MVP in the NBA.

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2018, 07:00:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9

For sure. I think it's likely that one day Doncic will become the MVP in the NBA.
Agree completely. He's a borderline All-Star already.

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2018, 08:40:31 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Luka is crafty.

He is an artist in the making and the NBA is his blank canvas.

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2018, 11:11:05 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If only that pick last year would have landed top 5 so Danny could have moved in for kill and taken this kid! Definitely a special talent who is going to win some titles.To follow up Dirk with Luka is insane! His numbers are astonishing this early on. His feel for the game is years ahead of him as well.

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9

Larry Bird was 6'9 bare foot and 6-10 with shoes, that height difference means worlds different and as i said Doncic is already reaching his ceiling

I will be surprised he even reach half of Bird has done

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2018, 12:08:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9

Larry Bird was 6'9 bare foot and 6-10 with shoes, that height difference means worlds different and as i said Doncic is already reaching his ceiling

Doncic is nowhere near his ceiling as a player. That is just about the wrongest hook take I have ever seen.

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9

I love Doncic but putting him in the same sentence as bird is disrespectful to Bird. And as we currently witnessing young players don't always develop as expected. And even if he does reaching the top 10 of all times it too optimistic

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I think it's rather obvious that the Bird comparisons are premature (to say the least), but I love the hype! 8)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:13:57 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9

I love Doncic but putting him in the same sentence as bird is disrespectful to Bird. And as we currently witnessing young players don't always develop as expected. And even if he does reaching the top 10 of all times it too optimistic
How can it be disrespectful to compare two players at the same age? Even if one of them is a living legend? Another living legend, Dirk, openly admits that Luka is way better than he was entering the NBA. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that Luka will become a superstar or anything, but the comparisons are legit as long they compare actual production at similar ages.

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Uh, what?

Larry Bird was 6'9

How can it be disrespectful to compare two players at the same age? Even if one of them is a living legend? Another living legend, Dirk, openly admits that Luka is way better than he was entering the NBA. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that Luka will become a superstar or anything, but the comparisons are legit as long they compare actual production at similar ages.
Precisely. I'm not saying Luka will become the top forward of all time (which is how I view Bird). But the similarities are there. If he can make the strides to develop as Bird did, then watch out. Even if he doesn't to the same level as Bird, he could still be a perennial All-NBA team guy eventually.

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/NGIdwu6LuGg
Doncic mad after Dennis Smith blows the game winning shot

I wonder if mavs trade smith jr. Smith is a ball hog

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
29 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 turnover tonight against the Wolves
11 points in the 4th quarter including a clutch 3-pointer to give the Mavs the lead 23 seconds before the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o09A4ooQIA4

Halleluka! :)

If I were the Mavs, I'd trade Smith Jr. with a view to building the team around Doncic. Don't think he is a good fit next to Doncic.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:56:07 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
29 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 turnover tonight against the Wolves
11 points in the 4th quarter including a clutch 3-pointer to give the Mavs the lead 23 seconds before the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o09A4ooQIA4

Halleluka! :)

If I were the Mavs, I'd trade Smith Jr. with a view to building the team around Doncic. Don't think he is a good fit next to Doncic.

The name of my fantasy team in the Yahoo league.  Luka is incredible, and fun to follow at this early stage. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC