Other Discussions > Other / General Sports

Is This the Year for Boston Sports? Red Sox Unstoppable, Pats' Trade, C’s

(1/10) > >>

CelticsElite:
-Red Sox are #1 in mlb and not even close

-pats trade for josh Gordon a top WR. Team is highly ranked

-Celtics look to be a top 2 team in the nba with everyone back

-bruins I admit I don’t know where exactly they stand but they contended last season so there’s that

rocknrollforyoursoul:
I'd say that right now the Astros are the best team in baseball, and the Sox have some big question marks as the playoffs approach: Can Sale stay healthy? Can the bullpen gets its act together? And can the offense rediscover the consistency it had in the first half of the season?

Pats should be in the mix for title contention, but their defense is atrocious and that may not be fixable—and the offense, no matter how great, may not be able to surmount a terrible D (see last year's SB).

The Celtics seem stacked, for sure, but staying healthy is key, and that's not something they've been able to do in recent years.

gouki88:
I won't pretend to be knowledgeable about the MLB, but the Red Sox look to be firing.

With Gordon, the return of Edelman and hopefully an improving defence, Brady and Belichick may very well lead us to another good year.

And #18 is a certainty! ;)

hpantazo:

--- Quote from: gouki88 on September 17, 2018, 07:23:36 PM ---I won't pretend to be knowledgeable about the MLB, but the Red Sox look to be firing.

With Gordon, the return of Edelman and hopefully an improving defence, Brady and Belichick may very well lead us to another good year.

And #18 is a certainty! ;)

--- End quote ---

I like our chances, but there's still that small issue of beating the GSWs

nickagneta:
Over the last 15 years it has been unreal being a Boston sports fan. My kids are spoiled. They think it is a given right for Boston teams to win titles and be constant contenders. Really has been a special time in Boston sports.

Patriots 5 titles and 3 SB losses
Red Sox 3 titles
Celtics 1 title 1 Finals loss
Bruins 1 title 1 SCF loss
And.....countless amount of playoff series and game wins

Gotta love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version