Other Discussions > Revolution / Soccer

Women's World Cup Thread

(1/30) > >>

Moranis:
Started today. Being cohosted by New Zealand and Australia.  Both won their opening match 1-0, with NZ bearing Norway and Aus beating Ireland.  The US opens with Vietnam tomorrow night at 9pm eastern (which is of course saturday morning local time).  Canada plays tonight at 1030pm eastern.  So Americans will get 2 very early morning games and one night game most days.  The US plays Netherlands at 9 pm on 7-26 and then the final games in group, the US plays Portugal at 3 am on 8-1.

Always interesting watching events on the other side of the world with the timing.

RJ87:
The timing of this is going to be a doozy, but I don't usually miss WWC games (not even the 4am/5am ones).

gouki88:

--- Quote from: RJ87 on July 20, 2023, 10:08:54 AM ---The timing of this is going to be a doozy, but I don't usually miss WWC games (not even the 4am/5am ones).

--- End quote ---
Welcome to the nightmare that is global sports meeting Antipodean timezones

ozgod:

--- Quote from: gouki88 on July 20, 2023, 05:12:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: RJ87 on July 20, 2023, 10:08:54 AM ---The timing of this is going to be a doozy, but I don't usually miss WWC games (not even the 4am/5am ones).

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Got to see a replay of your countrywomen beat Ireland without Samantha Kerr, was great to see that stadium Australia again, I remember watching the Olympic soccer final there in 2000 when I lived in Sydney (the only thing I could get tickets to  :police:).

I did see a few rugby games there too, it’s a beautiful stadium though the toilets were just one long trough against the wall where everyone jammed in shoulder to shoulder to have a wee during halftime. Definitely just keep your eyes straight ahead while doing your business and hope the inebriated people next to you had good aim  :angel:

gouki88:

--- Quote from: ozgod on July 20, 2023, 06:25:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: gouki88 on July 20, 2023, 05:12:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Got to see a replay of your countrywomen beat Ireland without Samantha Kerr, was great to see that stadium Australia again, I remember watching the Olympic soccer final there in 2000 when I lived in Sydney (the only thing I could get tickets to  :police:).

I did see a few rugby games there too, it’s a beautiful stadium though the toilets were just one long trough against the wall where everyone jammed in shoulder to shoulder to have a wee during halftime. Definitely just keep your eyes straight ahead while doing your business and hope the inebriated people next to you had good aim  :angel:

--- End quote ---
That is (for better or worse) a quite uniform experience at our sporting stadium toilets. The MCG is the worst - a busy game of 80,000-90,000 people all going to the toilet simultaneously…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version