Other Discussions > Revolution / Soccer

2022 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

(1/95) > >>

Phantom255x:
Hey guys, just wanted to start this thread in advance. WC starts in 5 days.

It's still a complete joke FIFA allowed Qatar to host this. I mean also, look at some of the restrictions they have in place (and there's obviously a lot of other ones too):

On a side note, my Dad's en route to India and he's stopping in Doha Airport (Qatar) just for a layover, and he said there were a lot of soccer fans it seemed waiting at Logan and on the flight lol.

When my family went to India last fall we took the same route and there were definitely a lot of World Cup advertisements in the airport and flight. Even the pre-flight video was soccer-based. Funny enough though usually when a country hosts the WC they put their own players on the posters but Qatar didn't, they had players from France, Portugal, Germany, Brazil, etc. on them haha

Amonkey:
I am ready! Been looking forward to it for years. I agree that Qatar was a horrible choice and I hope the human rights abuse doesn't get swept under the rug. With that said, as much as FIFA screws up, it is still the greatest tournament of the world.

As a Brazilian, I look forward to rooting for my Brazil. I'll be rooting for team USA as they have a legit chance of making some noise. Married to a French woman, I'll reluctant root for France.

Phantom255x:
Ecuador up 1-0 pretty quickly.

It's only been about 20 minutes but dang, Qatar may be one of the worst soccer teams I've seen  :laugh:

And admittedly I've never heard of a single Qatar player before today

Moranis:
Didn't watch but I heard Qatar had some solid looks and came close a few times

ozgod:

--- Quote from: Moranis on November 20, 2022, 12:55:03 PM ---Didn't watch but I heard Qatar had some solid looks and came close a few times

--- End quote ---

I saw the replay this morning, they looked overawed by the occasion. They only had 5 shots the whole game and only 2 on target. Not a good look to have half the stadium leave after halftime when they were down 2-0, I guess they weren't expecting any Brady-like comebacks  :laugh:

England playing Iran now, then the USA playing Wales around 11 Eastern

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version