Author Topic: New goofy lebron nickname  (Read 6484 times)

Re: New goofy lebron nickname
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 02:58:55 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Does anyone even know what Grimace is?

All characters seem to be connected to one food.  Grimace seems to be connected to drinks.

So is he the sludge they clean out of the bottom of the soda machine?

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Does anyone even know what Grimace is?

All characters seem to be connected to one food.  Grimace seems to be connected to drinks.

So is he the sludge they clean out of the bottom of the soda machine?

Here's what we got according to Wikipedia (so it must be the absolute truth  ::)  )

Grimace is a large, purple anthropomorphic being of the "wumpus" species with short arms and legs. One alternative theory is that Grimace is a large, walking, talking taste-bud[citation needed]. He is known for his slow-witted demeanor. His most common expression is the word "duh". Originally, Grimace was the "Evil Grimace", with two pairs of arms with which to steal milkshakes. After that first campaign, the character was revised to be one of the "good guys", and his number of arms was reduced by two. Commercials and merchandise generally portrayed him as a well-meaning simpleton, whose clumsy antics provided a comic foil to Ronald McDonald. The character was retained after the streamlining of the characters in the '80s. Voiced by Frank Welker.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Imagine how much grimacing the messiah would do if he was officiated by the same rulebook as his peers.

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Very little humor and nothing original about this nickname. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

Also, while the answer of "Finals MVP" is a brilliant response to the question asked it does come off as slightly oxymoronic/condescending.

Lighten up, Francis.

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Woohoo Stripes reference!  Good work Mean Gerald Green!

I think it's a good enough nickname.  I've seen so many great condescending nicknames for El BJ lately it warms my heart.

Waitwaitwait... you mean I don't have to worship Lebron just because the commercials tell me to?

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Honestly, than what do you call Paul Pierce getting picked up by his teammates, put in a wheelchair, brought back to the locker room, only to return three minutes later as if nothing happened?

Finals MVP.

TP.