Author Topic: New goofy lebron nickname  (Read 6508 times)

New goofy lebron nickname
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:05:43 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
so, after LBJ went down with his 4th serious injury off a foul last night, onyl to be fine 45 seconds later, we decided his new nickname among my friends is

"the grimace"

not only does it describe that ridiculous expression of "owie" he gets every time he gets touched, but it also implies he's a purple blob.

it works on so many levels.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: New goofy lebron nickname
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:13:56 AM »

Offline hoopaddict08

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Honestly, than what do you call Paul Pierce getting picked up by his teammates, put in a wheelchair, brought back to the locker room, only to return three minutes later as if nothing happened?

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Honestly, than what do you call Paul Pierce getting picked up by his teammates, put in a wheelchair, brought back to the locker room, only to return three minutes later as if nothing happened?

Finals MVP.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

sorry, dind't mean to offend you by posting what i termed in the subject line a "goofy nickname"

i thought that would make it pretty clear it was just a joke we had last night i wanted to share because i found it amusing.

my fault, forgot fun is toxic.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:24:15 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:17:21 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Finals MVP.

TP.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 11:09:18 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

Finals MVP.

This made me laugh.  Nice answer.   :)

I hate the Grimmace from Lebron.  It's ugly, very ugly.  Love the nickname actually.

Also, I think everyone knows that Pierce acts as well, all the superstars do.  The play where he drove the lane, threw his elbow into Z, screamed, flung his head back and got the and 1 was priceless.  Last year plays like that irritated the heck out of me, I am just going to expect them this year.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Finals MVP.

Yup!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Finals MVP.

I hate the Grimmace from Lebron.  It's ugly, very ugly.  Love the nickname actually.

Also, I think everyone knows that Pierce acts as well, all the superstars do.  The play where he drove the lane, threw his elbow into Z, screamed, flung his head back and got the and 1 was priceless.  Last year plays like that irritated the heck out of me, I am just going to expect them this year.

exactly mac, it's to be expected, and it wasen't a "oh man, lebron sucks lol" comment.

Superstars almost have to do this if thier slashers, because, lets face it, the ref's reward it.

If lebron and pierce didn't do it, it would be nobel to some, but it hurts thier team by costing them 2-6 FT's a night (random estimate)

as long as the ref's are going to reward it and screw guys who don't do it, then you owe it to your team to take advantage of it.

i still think "the grimace" is a good nickname for that face from lebron though, and im keeping it around the house :D

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

Finals MVP.

exactly mac, it's to be expected, and it wasen't a "oh man, lebron sucks lol" comment.

Superstars almost have to do this if thier slashers, because, lets face it, the ref's reward it.

If lebron and pierce didn't do it, it would be nobel to some, but it hurts thier team by costing them 2-6 FT's a night (random estimate)

as long as the ref's are going to reward it and screw guys who don't do it, then you owe it to your team to take advantage of it.

i still think "the grimace" is a good nickname for that face from lebron though, and im keeping it around the house :D

The good news for Celtic fans is that even though Lebron may get 6 extra free throws a night out of it, he will be lucky to make 2 of them

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Very little humor and nothing original about this nickname. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

Also, while the answer of "Finals MVP" is a brilliant response to the question asked it does come off as slightly oxymoronic/condescending.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Very little humor and nothing original about this nickname. Thanks for getting my hopes up.

Also, while the answer of "Finals MVP" is a brilliant response to the question asked it does come off as slightly oxymoronic/condescending.

wow,

some of the responses to this thread make my mind boggle. it was a corney joke made while drunk at a bar i thought someone might get a chuckle out of. i honestly didn't think people would even take this thread a tad bit seriously.

so sorry i wasted 3 seconds of your time clicking on it. should have known any joke at the messiah's expense has to be
some sort of transending vision of comedey (see above)

TP's to all of those with a sense of humor/ the ability to ignore something they don't care about.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:18:00 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:37:37 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I must say that I find the nickname mentioned above to be extremely offensive. With so many racial issues in the world, so often are the purple overlooked. Oversized characters like Grimace and Barney, and to a smaller degree Grape Ape, have had their plight turned into a topic of ridicule. Maybe if you spent a little less time making bad nicknames, the economy wouldn't be in shambles, the war would be over, and no one would be homeless. Crownsy, you sir have ruined my day, and you should be ashamed of yourself.  ;)

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Finals MVP.

The good news for Celtic fans is that even though Lebron may get 6 extra free throws a night out of it, he will be lucky to make 2 of them

Also, both Pierce and LeBron have extremely goofy looking faces to begin with. When they get fouled it makes it worse, like the Vice-President shot them in the face with birdseed... or something.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Come on, man.  Who doesn't smile a little at Grimace?  He's a big amorphous purple blob that somehow became a mascot / spokesperson (spokescreature?) for McDonalds.  The very thought of him is laugh-inducing.

And Lebron is a prima donna.  More so than Pierce, and approaching Kobe levels.  Hopefully he never gets there, because I find Lebron to be at least somewhat still likable, although every time he opens his mouth I respect him less.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
He is a whiny little you-know-what, but I still prefer "Brick James".

I'm Brick James!
God bless and good night!