Author Topic: [Stein] LeBron openly called time-outs, made substitions and barked at Blatt  (Read 12644 times)

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
what a leader !

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Mark Stein literally shouldn't use literally in that first sentence. Or ever. Literally ever.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In all seriousness, why don't the Cavs just have LeBron be the coach? 

Keep on guys like Mike Miller, James Jones, Ty Lue as Assistant  Coaches.  Save money on a head coach and save roster space instead of using it on Bron's veteran friends who are basically washed up.

Blatt seems like a competent coach who could actually do some stuff elsewhere.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
for the record: Player coaches are not possible under the current CBA.

In thrust, though, I agree with you.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I didn't realize it wasn't allowed.  Interesting.

I'd say, then, hire Ty Lue as the head coach, keep on a couple of Bron's buddies as Assistants (instead of wasting the time of real coaches or giving washed-up vets roster spots), and then let Bron do most of the shot calling.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Blatt would be hired elsewhere very quickly.  If it's truly a bad situation, I would expect him to get out of there.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
so who's the next coach?

I say Calapperi. Two egomaniacs together  ;)

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

I didn't realize it wasn't allowed.  Interesting.

I'd say, then, hire Ty Lue as the head coach, keep on a couple of Bron's buddies as Assistants (instead of wasting the time of real coaches or giving washed-up vets roster spots), and then let Bron do most of the shot calling.

As it stands it's considered a way of circumventing salary cap rules -- the same way you can't trade a coach for a player.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I think we have reached a crucial point here.
"Cavs" is definitely better than "Desperate Housewives"

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not a good look for Lebron.

I'm sure the LBJ pom-pom wavers will have a great spin on this, though. 

Stein is right when he says that Lebron is "too [dang] good to behave this way".

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
If you are a Lebron supporter pretty hard to justify this behavior. As far as I know, Stein doesn't have any sort of ax to grind with Lebron and has written some pretty positive pieces on him. So this isn't like WOJ writing it. Wonder what the rest of the team thought of this. Maybe this is part of the reason Love could be disenchanted.

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
You build them up so you can tear them down.Media 101

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819

Actually you can have a player coach, you simply can't offer him a coaching contract... it needs to be paid off from player contract.

Not sure if anything has changed on that regard, but technically you can have a player that coaches, you just can't pay him for his coaching duties, and if it's paid for that, it's considered as part of the player portion of the contract.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
If you are a Lebron supporter pretty hard to justify this behavior. As far as I know, Stein doesn't have any sort of ax to grind with Lebron and has written some pretty positive pieces on him. So this isn't like WOJ writing it. Wonder what the rest of the team thought of this. Maybe this is part of the reason Love could be disenchanted.

If you are a Lebron supporter, you don't have much principles or at the very least you don't value them as high as idolizing a basketball player.
From what I have heard from Lebron (off the court) it is pretty obvious that's the reason why Love didn't like the Cavs and probably why there isn't any top coach that are willing to coach Lebron.