Author Topic: Keeping Some Recent Perspective  (Read 1849 times)

Keeping Some Recent Perspective
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
Here's my talk radio intro...

"Long time reader, first time poster."

Normally I’ll just run through posts on the site a few times a day and generally catch the four following hot topics:

4. We should trade for player X…
3. I love/hate Antoine
2. Fire/Blame Doc!
1.17 or bust!

I’d like to address what I view as #1.

I hope that for those of us who have thought at one point recently that “Kedrick Brown was a steal” and “we should have locked up Rodney Rogers after ‘01” can keep in mind that this season is not a complete disappointment or failure if we don’t raise a banner. Last night after I threw my Ray Allen jersey on the floor to change into my #34 for good luck, I couldn’t help but think three things

1.   Why can’t we win a bleepin’ road game
2.   I’m watching the “alpha Dog” of 21st century basketball (LBJ) have to claw and fight against the C’s for every look at the basket
3.   I’ve been waiting for this since 2001 (Note: if you’ve been a C’s fan within the last 10 years, you know that the concept of the C’s being irrelevant since 86 or 92 when Bird retired is nonsense. ’01 was some of the best times I’ve ever had as a hoops fan.)

After the game, I found myself more focused on numbers 2 and 3 than number 1. This postseason has been an unexpected rollercoaster of emotion. I’ve gone from screaming, to begging, to pleading for a road win and in retrospect it’s been fun. The wins at home are better because of it and I’m enjoying this postseason run…stop…run despite the Sportswriters (See: Shaughnessy, Wilbur) who have decided to hop on the naysayers bandwagon for the playoffs.

Bottom Line: I’ll be right next to you looking for Doc’s replacement, pining to draft a center who knows not to put the ball at his knees, and convincing my friends that Tony Allen, despite his ability and work ethic, lacks that thing between his ears that is required to be an effective professional basketball player, whenever this season ends.

But until then if we raise #17 or are out of this series in 6, I’m just happy to be here! Don’t forget to enjoy the ride!!!
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge