Author Topic: According to Sporting News, Cs want to move up for Bamba  (Read 15491 times)

Re: According to Sporting News, Cs want to move up for Bamba
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Cool, let's give them Tatum.

I'd trade him for a bag of doritos. Just the bag, you can keep the doritos.

Not sure if serious.

Not sure I'm serious enough to believe that if you're serious that he's being serious, but seriously..?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2018, 07:29:42 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Just here to reiterate that I'm extremely high on Bamba. He's really grinding this summer with Drew Hanlen (Tatum's trainer) and has already added a substantial amount of muscle. He's eating 6,500 calories a day and working out constantly. Shake Smart fully endorses his work ethic and communication on defense. Barring injury, I doubt this kid will be a bust.

He makes KG look tiny:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BinUKYhFC2e/?utm_source=ig_embed

Very disappointed by this rumor, which I take to mean the Celtics have no interest in Bamba.

For those interested, here is a very in-depth article about his pre-draft routine:
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/10/17337970/mo-bamba-nba-draft-lottery

If a trade does occur with Memphis, I could see it in the Kings & Grizzlies picks plus filler for #4 mold. I don't think Danny would trade Brown, in any scenario, for Bamba. I think that giving the Grizzlies their pick back is more valuable than we think. I remember reading about the KG trade and reading that giving the Timberwolves their own pick back was an invaluable part of the deal.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:01:38 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
This board would implode if the Celtics traded Brown to move up for Bamba.

Hes my favorite player on the team by a wide margin, so the trade seems inevitable.

You & me think alike tarheels - on many issues it seems.

We worked very hard to put this team together. We have a roster full of proven players, many with additional potential. Why wreck what is working ?

I believe we do need an athletic rebounder/defender inside and a knock-down shooter off the bench - but don't do it by giving away great draft picks like Jaylen Brown. Don't get rid of more guys who love being Celtics. It matters.

I would hate to see Jaylen go elsewhere.  But it makes no sense to me that any team in the top 7 (where it appears the real talent is) would take the type of Rozier, Sac pick, plus other pick deals that have been mentioned here.  I would think to get into that area of the draft, the C's have to give Jaylen.   If Danny does it (I doubt he will) I will have to defer to his vastly  superior knowledge, but I'd really hate to lose Jaylen.

« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Cool, let's give them Tatum.

I'd trade him for a bag of doritos. Just the bag, you can keep the doritos.

Not sure if serious.

Not sure I'm serious enough to believe that if you're serious that he's being serious, but seriously..?

I'm assuming that it's a joke, but I'm not quite sure, hence the question.

« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2018, 07:59:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I wouldn't mind a move up depending the cost.

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Not the year to trade up for a project

We have to compete.

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Anyone remember when we were high on Markelle Fultz?

Edit: what this is, is the low-key way of Danny assessing trade value for his guys. He can’t say “I’m looking to assess Rozier and Brown’s trade value.” So he says this, and of course any offers he gets will include those guys, so he gauges the market.

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2018, 08:45:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Danny: "I want to trade up for your pick"

Other GMs: "What's your offer?"

Danny:

Other GMs: "DEAL!"

*Danny Ainge is a genius!*  ;D  8)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If Danny and Stevens is that high on Bamba(i'm very high on him)

Then i am in for Brown + picks for Bamba

I'm scared to have Jeff Green 2.0 as our future max star, just too inconsistent

On the other hand Wingspan won't betray you

Brown is no Jeff Green

you guys serious?

But he does have some Antoine Walker in his blood.  Should be taking it to basket/mid range 70 percent of the time and shooting the three 30 percent....but instead it is flipped.  And he is not a pure shooter
I'm serious
He got hot one game and cold another, just like Jeff Green

When he is hot he plays like star-superstar, but when cold he can't really do anything..
If our goal is contending year in and year out we will guys that can perform night in and night out
He's a raw 21 year old.

Most of those guys are inconsistent. That doesn't mean he's Jeff green 2.0. Jayson Tatum was also inconsistent. Bad game 6, great game 7. Should we pencil him in as Jeff Green 2.0?

He's young and he's raw and improving at a torrid pace(Jeff green literally never improved his entire career) he's already a better defender and 3 point shooter than green ever was.

This comparison is almost as pea brained as the criticism someone made yesterday that's brown had interests outside of basketball. Just absurd.
The comparison of Brown and Green is based mostly on their very similar stat lines. 

Here are year 1 per 36

Player A - 13.8 p, 5.9 r, 1.7 a, 0.9 s, 0.5 b, 1.8 t, 3.8 f
Player B - 13.4 p, 6.1 r, 1.9 a, 0.7 s, 0.8 b, 2.5 t, 3.2 f

Here are year 2 per 36
Player A - 17.0 p, 5.8 r, 1.9 a, 1.2 s, 0.4 b, 2.1 t, 3.0 f
Player B - 16.2 p, 6.5 r, 1.9 a, 1.0 s, 0.4 b, 2.2 t, 2.5 f

They had similar roles though Green played more minutes per game each season.  Brown has been a slightly more efficient shooter overall though is worse from the line and didn't get to the line at the same rate.

I don't see Jeff Green, at all. The comparison to Jason Richardson appears to be far more accurate, however, imo.

« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2018, 09:06:53 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This is a tough one.

As much as I love Brown one thing has me concerned...A young BIG. And the last few years some good ones have popped up. This draft some good ones are coming in. Just right now Embiid, Zingas, and the Freek with Maker can be trouble over the next few years. Atlanta should get an other, along with Chicago. Then it's teams in the West with AD,KAT,Golbert, then Ayton and Bagely possibly.

We don't have a counter.

Maybe we can move Rozier for a Clippers pick or both if add a little more to it on our end. And reach with DiVineczo and pick up an other guard, or use it in an other trade. That will help with losing a defensive wing that can knock down the 3. Thats if they pan out of course. We also have the SAC pick to pick up a young wing next year. Maybe we get lucky in FA. 

I mean I'm not super excited Moving Brown, but a big that gets KG's respect is something to think about.

Idealy, we can move Rozier,Morris and the Memph, pick for the 4th pick and keep Brown. Thats if Memph wants to add a couple guys to try to make one last run.

Idealy we move Rozier,Morris, and the MEph pick

« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2018, 09:17:54 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I am ignorantly but confidently stating that Ainge will not give up Brown for Bamba unless he is provided with an extra asset of some sort, even if it's just a top half second rounder...

The Celtics need to make sure everything goes well for Hayward before giving up such a sure
thing in Brown, and if they ever do trade Brown it will be for more than a Bamba level prospect unless there is extra compensation.

« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2018, 09:29:17 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
No doubt we need a big man. But we shouldn't give up a future all star to acquire him. And after the improvement from year one to two, does anyone doubt that's what we have in Jaylen? You win with great players, not marking off a checklist of what positions traditional basketball says is best. GSW wins with 3 perimeter players and a 6'7 "big" man they got in the 2nd round.

When we see the amazing progress Brown made in one season, how he carried the team offensively at times in the playoffs, trading him for a incredibly risky prospect like Bamba really seems absurd.

« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Trading Brown for Bamba would be idiotic.
I agree. Fortunately, it's also not something Ainge would ever do so I'm not sure why we'd entertain the possibility.

« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2018, 10:34:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
This seems like a classic Angie move to start a bidding war to sell off a top pick. I've heard that quite a few teams want to trade there picks. I've read rumors about Memphis, Dallas, and Orlando...

« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2018, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
This is a tough one.

As much as I love Brown one thing has me concerned...A young BIG. And the last few years some good ones have popped up. This draft some good ones are coming in. Just right now Embiid, Zingas, and the Freek with Maker can be trouble over the next few years. Atlanta should get an other, along with Chicago. Then it's teams in the West with AD,KAT,Golbert, then Ayton and Bagely possibly.

We don't have a counter.

Think about it the other way: what are those teams going to do to counter US?

Our starting lineup next year with Horford/Tatum/Hayward/Brown/Irving will be the best 3 pt shooting lineup, top to bottom, in NBA history. Every single one of those guys is a versatile scorer from multiple areas. We have bench guys in Rozier/Smart/Baynes/Theis who are plus defenders for specific matchups.

The Sixers, Knicks and Bucks should be worrying about the Celtics.