Author Topic: 2014 draft 10-25 sfs - doug mcdermott, sam dekker, TJ warren, kyle anderson  (Read 28410 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
these are the classic old school type sfs that will certainly be available from late lotto to 25

why they are still an upgrade to jeff green at sf

mcdermott - prolific scorer. lethal shooter. quicker than you think. Many compare him to kyle korver.  Never stops moving and plays without the ball most of the time

sam dekker - not as good shooter as mcdermott but more athletic.  better passer and ball handler also. Again moves well without the ball

tj warren - caron butler/pierce comparison comes to mind. Has a heavy frame but a smooth game. excellent at finishing on contact. has a good jump shot he doesnt use alot bc he usually has his way scoring on the drive.

kyle anderson - if he had a better body would prob be a top 5 pick. Comparable height , passing skills and feel of the game like magic. Can play multiple positions but prob a sf at the next level.

bottom line is, even though we might miss out on top sfs like wiggins or parker, these guys above will be available when we choose with one of our 1sts. i think jeff green days as a celtic is done after this year. We need a fresh face
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:17:03 PM by triboy16f »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wondering if this makes Danny more apt to find a trading partner for Jeff Green within the next six weeks.

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Any issues with bringing this chat into here?

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=68877.0
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
Tb16, very good thread. Thanks and a tp for you.

I can't post videos right now since I am on the move. But if there are videos of these guys it would be interesting to watch them. Thanks again.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Tb16, very good thread. Thanks and a tp for you.

I can't post videos right now since I am on the move. But if there are videos of these guys it would be interesting to watch them. Thanks again.

dekker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5iWivM1tU

warren
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90N297gmFSU

mcdermott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS8hO5QWJYw

anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EoxHiXIqfQ

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
these are the classic old school type sfs that will certainly be available from late lotto to 25

mcdermott - prolific scorer. lethal shooter. quicker than you think. Many compare him to kyle korver.  Never stops moving and plays without the ball most of the time

sam dekker - not as good shooter as mcdermott but more athletic.  better passer and ball handler also. Again moves well without the ball

tj warren - caron butler/pierce comparison comes to mind. Has a heavy frame but a smooth game. excellent at finishing on contact. has a good jump shot he doesnt use alot bc he usually has his way scoring on the drive.

kyle anderson - if he had a better body would prob be a top 5 pick. Comparable height , passing skills and feel of the game like magic. Can play multiple positions but prob a sf at the next level.

bottom line is, even though we might miss out on top sfs like wiggins or parker, these guys above will be available when we choose with one of our 1sts. i think jeff green days as a celtic is done after this year. We need a new fresh face

I am deathly afraid of Doug McDermott.  The image of him playing against that UNC team which was loaded with NBA talent ( Henson, Barnes, Marshall and Zeller) he struggled bad.  Henson and Barnes had their way with him.  I feel like there is no upside there?  I would rather take PJ Hairston than McDermott?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

bottom line is, even though we might miss out on top sfs like wiggins or parker, these guys above will be available when we choose with one of our 1sts. i think jeff green days as a celtic is done after this year. We need a new fresh face

I am deathly afraid of Doug McDermott.  The image of him playing against that UNC team which was loaded with NBA talent ( Henson, Barnes, Marshall and Zeller) he struggled bad.  Henson and Barnes had their way with him.  I feel like there is no upside there?  I would rather take PJ Hairston than McDermott?

And i do understand your point. If he dominated that team in the tourney , he be talked about being chosen in the top 5.

The reason why he was only mediocre that game was that the whole UNC team pretty much was zeroed in on him. He was double teamed at times and his temmates couldn't bail him out. The Creighton is an overachieving team in general

Now if you surround Mcdermott with quality players , like the US summer team he was part of, he can be lethal. In the NBA that should be the same theory. Worse case your getting a Mike Miller (at his prime). At his best, not sure who he will compare to. The relentless energy DM plays with out there is going to be difficult for most NBA sfs to keep up with. It's like Reggie Miller tiresome trying to keep up with

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
you are probably right, I would feel better about that pick if the C's could land ( Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, Randle or Exum )...I think once February hits the C's will have a strangle hold on a lottery pick....

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Definitely Anderson with Atlanta pick....can play 1, 2 and 3

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Definitely Anderson with Atlanta pick....can play 1, 2 and 3

Yeah. It's not like you see everyday a 6'9 player that can dribble and pass like that. He slows down the game alot and it could be confusing for the defense to adapt

His body though needs quite a bit of work.  Like Jared Dudley though no matter how much he works, may never have a nba body.  His defense could suffer and revert him to a role player only

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Sam Dekker is not 6'7 as i thought but now 6'9 in shoes from some of the forums i read. Also close to 230 pounds and has 6'11-7'0 wingspan

Many compare him to Gordon Hayward though he is closer to a Matt Harpring due to his rebounding capabilities

I'm intrigued by this kid. The only thing is, he is avg only about 15 pts a game vs guys like Mcdermott or Warren who are taking over games for their team. Right now we could really use a player with a killer instinct

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I think we shouldn't talk about draft prospects as current players' substitutes. Rookies need to figure it out, so if Danny Ainge drafts any player who isn't a center at the NBA level it's because he's the BPA, not because he's the next Green, Rondo, Bradley or Sully/Olynyk.

If we had lottery luck, I'd love to get Embiid, Wiggins, Parker or Exum, but that's unlikely. With our pick, if everything goes as expected and we get a mid lottery pick, I'd love to take James Young, who has star potential to go with length and versatility as he could play SG/SF.

With Atlanta's pick I'd rather take a player with potential. Saric may be gone, but that's exactly the type of player you would like, a guy who can play the 3 or the 4 depending on matchups, who can be a good shooter and has handles, athleticism... or a guy like Cauley-Stein if he's still available.

Kyle Anderson would be great in the 2nd round, his body/athleticism will scare teams. His draft stock may rise, though, as his basketball skills seem to be great. Kyle, McAdoo and Isiah Austin are kids who could be 6th-7th players on good teams, and you need those, too.

Outside of Embiid, Wiggins, Parker and maybe Smart, I don't think any rookie would start on the Celtics from the get go. Maybe at the end of the season if they show they are capable to handle things. So it's a bit premature to relate who is available in the Draft with our current players future.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Always draft BPA... even if it's a PG and you already have Rondo on the team.

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
I like Dekker for our Brooklyn\Atlanta pick. Can be a Chandler Parsons at best. I think he fits well on Brad Stevens system - Spaces the floor, great cutter, very good passing instincts and above all has High Basketball IQ.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

bottom line is, even though we might miss out on top sfs like wiggins or parker, these guys above will be available when we choose with one of our 1sts. i think jeff green days as a celtic is done after this year. We need a fresh face

TP for the post.

I think this draft is as deep if not deeper than many have predicted , unlike what others have recently posted on here, because of the availability of especially two players that you mention, TJ Warren (who can play the 2,3 or 4) and Kyle Anderson, who is even more versatile as well as the often overlooked Wayne Selden. Selden is very much overlooked because of Wiggins and Embid, but is more NBA ready both physically and how he plays the game.

Don't sleep on Selden.