Author Topic: The Boogie Watch  (Read 69952 times)

Re: The Boogie Watch
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
 I don't think that the Kings will trade cousins. He is the only thing that they have going right now and he is young. It would be very hard for the Kings to get an equal return in a trade.  You cannot bank on any of the players in the 2017 or 2018 draft to be a top 10 player in the NBA. They might become one down the road (5yrs +), but there's no guarantee.

I think that the negative talk about cousins is mainly media driven. Tell me when he punches a woman and I will become disinterested in the player.

« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
"I think that the negative talk about cousins is mainly media driven. Tell me when he punches a woman and I will become disinterested in the player."

So basically you're saying all the negative hype concerning Cousins was "fake news"

He's really a misunderstood guy that almost always leads the league in suspensions, technical fouls, getting coaches fired, missing plays while arguing with refs, continually pouting, and having loosing seasons.
It's all just a coincidence.

Sports fans...This is the perfect formula of how talented professional teams get assembled, that never gel or win a thing. Just ignore prior actions and lack character.

« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
"So basically you're saying all the negative hype concerning Cousins was "fake news""

Nope- not all of it. I think he has had a fair share of run-ins on a terrible Sacremento team.

How many issues were there when Demarcus played on Team USA?

If we land Cousins, I'm assuming he will have other good bball players on his team, and the Celtics win a playoff series or two. I think a lot of these little issues go away once he is teamed with other talented players. Winning has a mysterious effect on chemistry.

Look at the Broncos yesterday after their loss to the Patriots. Talib took on the offense for not performing. I would take Talib back in a heartbeat.

« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2016, 03:30:26 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Un. Bee. LEE. VABLE!

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1187687-report-kings-afflalo-declined-to-enter-game-vs-rockets

No surprise. Kings franchise is a MESS.

I mean.. wasn't it reported that 10 games into the season, Casspi apparently still hadn't spoken to the coach??? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #275 on: December 20, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Haha, I will take Afflalo too! I believe that a change of scenery can produce different results.

I offer the Kings:

Jaylen Brown, BKN 17, another 1st,  Amir Johnson, + salary filler

for

Boogie + Afflalo + filler (if needed)

Besides offering up another all star (or soon to be all star ie Embiid, Wiggins, etc), how does another team beat that?

« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/demarcus-cousins-receives-substantial-fine-kings-confrontations-reporters-122016

Cousins was fined $50,000 from the Kings for his outburst at the reporter.

Pretty much every article regarding Cousins that I read anymore suggests that a divorce is inevitable at this point, and it's time for the Kings and Cousins to part ways. It'll be closer to the deadline if it happens, but I think this might finally be the year it happens, especially if the Brooklyn pick keeps getting better and better like it has lately.

« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ya'll be good chilln

Or dat Boogie Man gonna get ya 👹

« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
I love the idea of getting Boogie, but even I'm starting to have second thoughts about adding the 2017 Brooklyn Pick into a deal.

That's what it'll take (BKN 2017 + More), but Cousins has been in like 2 scandals in the past month. The 2017 Pick could be a top-3 pick as well. VERY RISKY. 

Also, can he handle Boston's media?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hate to be the Grinch stealing every whos Boogie xmas dreams but he aint coming to Boston. Stevens is rumored to not want him and he just keeps making front offices want to stay away from all he brings that is bad, both on the court and off.

Boogie will be traded elsewhere

« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2016, 06:59:40 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Hate to be the Grinch stealing every whos Boogie xmas dreams but he aint coming to Boston. Stevens is rumored to not want him and he just keeps making front offices want to stay away from all he brings that is bad, both on the court and off.

Ok you got my attention. Who said Brad Stevens doesn't want Cousins?

« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2016, 07:26:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

Bill Simmons has mentioned it for sure and Zach Lowe said the same.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/11/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_es.html
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Bill Simmons has mentioned it for sure and Zach Lowe said the same.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/11/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_es.html
Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons(who isnt an insider) both speculated it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2016, 07:38:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

It's speculation from Lowe, not a true report from any reputable sources or anything. Brad surely might not want to coach him, but Danny isn't going to pass up an opportunity like that just because a coach might have reservations. Danny knows that talent above all else wins in this league, and Cousins is one hell of a talent, regardless of his flaws.

Granted, that doesn't mean that Danny will do a deal for Cousins no matter what. If he thinks the price is unreasonable, then he won't do a deal. But with where we're currently at and the lack of other game-changing bigs that we might have a chance at attaining, Danny is certainly still interested in someone like Cousins.

« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

It's speculation from Lowe, not a true report from any reputable sources or anything. Brad surely might not want to coach him, but Danny isn't going to pass up an opportunity like that just because a coach might have reservations. Danny knows that talent above all else wins in this league, and Cousins is one hell of a talent, regardless of his flaws.

Granted, that doesn't mean that Danny will do a deal for Cousins no matter what. If he thinks the price is unreasonable, then he won't do a deal. But with where we're currently at and the lack of other game-changing bigs that we might have a chance at attaining, Danny is certainly still interested in someone like Cousins.
I agree with all of that.

I'd add, though, that Danny also understands how important personality and teamwork are to winning in the NBA.

A trade for Boogie, at the end of the day, is deciding that you think Cousins' attitude will change with a new surrounding. Because bringing him to Boston just to see him continue the behavior he's exhibited in Sacramento, would not be worth the cost to acquire him, IMO.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008