24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 147992 times)

Re: Rumor: Kobe Bryant recruiting Kyrie Irving to join Lakers
« Reply #1021 on: May 28, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I heard this guy talk about it in the radio

He said "its only between Brooklyn and Lakers now"

Does anybody actually believe that? Sounded like fabricated radio show fodder for views

I'm not doubting kobe has recruited kyrie but its not "just" between the Lakers and nets

« Reply #1022 on: May 28, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
more nonsense...

« Reply #1023 on: May 28, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
more nonsense...

If Irving doesnt end up signing with Celts.... will you still be in disbelief?

You should prepare to let go

« Reply #1024 on: May 28, 2019, 04:49:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
more nonsense...

Then life moves on... The notion that he is going to LAL is simply ridiculous, and you're going to quote Cowherd? Lol, come on you're better than that.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1025 on: May 28, 2019, 04:52:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
more nonsense...

Then life moves on... The notion that he is going to LAL is simply ridiculous, and you're going to quote Cowherd? Lol, come on you're better than that.

yea exactly. It is a garbage rumor. Probably could end up anywhere besides LA. One of his chief complaints was that Lebron was "sonning" him. You think he is going to go play the role of son cause two years passed as Lebron's body breaks down? Also, did ya read this actual reporting on what is going on with LA?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26821790/lakers-20-failed-reboot-nba-crown-jewel

« Reply #1026 on: May 28, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
more nonsense...

No

Thats why its a rumor

Do Irving and Bryant talk? Definitely

Thats the only certainty we know of

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1027 on: May 28, 2019, 04:56:06 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I suppose I am the bitter cavs fan who checks up on Kyrie to see if he is another team's problem. Feels good when a guy gets want he wants, but it didn't exactly turn out the way he wanted it. The grass is not always greener on the other side, eh Kyrie?

However, did he truly get what he wanted? To be fair, no, he did not. BOS was not one of his preferred teams. Now, Boston fans see why.

He does not fit with your coach's system. You can't have it both ways. You cannot have a championship team where the best player doe not fit. You cannot say he does not fit, while expecting a team led by him to be in the finals.

This is not a Kyrie problem, because you all know who he is. It is a Ainge problem by taking a gamble on a guy who never would mesh with Brad. It looks like it may work sometimes because Kyrie is a great player, so he pulls you guys in. It was fools gold all along. The ups and downs were two opposing forces. Kyrie vs the system.

With that said, I think he is stays. Maybe he comes back home, to the Cavs hahaha. Wishful thinking. Ainge is smart, so I do think there is a chance he comes back to Boston. You do not let a superstar champion walk. You do whatever to keep him there. Plus money talks. Kyrie will take the money. I think Boston cleans house, rid the team away of the young guys except Tatum, who imo, is your second best player.

If memory serves me, over the last 40 or so years, only one team without a superstar won a title. Within the last 11, 11 teams with a superstar won titles, & Kyrie was one of those players who beat a team whom is now terrorizing the league.

One of those teams who won in past 11 years were a Celtics squad who did whatever they could to bring superstars to play with their lone superstar. Sound familiar?

I know you guys like Brown & Terry, but if they could not get past our lottery team with a sole superstar who cannot make the postseason out west, they have no chance to even get out of the East.

« Reply #1028 on: May 28, 2019, 04:56:42 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I'm going to use this to rant on today's "media."

So somebody wrote a whole article based on a tweet taken from a convo from a tv/radio show.  The author added absolutely nothing new, and even got the simple facts wrong.  "Irving is a Brooklyn native..."

"Articles" like that are such trash.  Take a quote from somebody, add fluff to the beginning ("Kobe retired in '16, the Lakers haven't made the playoffs since '13 yada yada yada) insert quote in the middle, and then add fluff to the end (Kyrie is a big name free agent, if Lakers don't sign him they might not get better), and publish your article.  It's just garbage.

Now the Bucher quote is worth discussing sure, but no need to go through those garbage sites that offer nothing additional to the story or further insight.  Don't give those crap sites clicks, it just encourages them.  Better to just link the twitter quote if you want to kick off discussion. 

Okay rant over.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:01:47 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1029 on: May 28, 2019, 05:05:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
rumors or no rumors

do pro Irving fans, really feel confident, this guy is going to be true to his words (prior season started) and resign with the Celtics?

Al Horford gives me at least some confidence, he may stay.... with Irving, it feels like flipping a coin with two heads (leaving).   It's up in the air now

« Reply #1030 on: May 28, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't care.

« Reply #1031 on: May 28, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
These rumors about other players "recruiting" Kyrie are strange to me ...

Does Kyrie seem like the kind of guy who is going to be "recruited"?

Seems to me that he's going to choose wherever he wants to go and it's going to based on his own inscrutable internal thought processes.  It won't be a result of anybody else's influence.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1032 on: May 28, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
These rumors about other players "recruiting" Kyrie are strange to me ...

Does Kyrie seem like the kind of guy who is going to be "recruited"?

Seems to me that he's going to choose wherever he wants to go and it's going to based on his own inscrutable internal thought processes.  It won't be a result of anybody else's influence.

I agree he won't be easy to influence

but don't forget he grew up idolizing Kobe...so if anybody has a little "pull"

« Reply #1033 on: May 28, 2019, 05:19:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Yes, and Bucher claims Brooklyn is a favorite because Kyrie bought a house in South Orange, NJ. That's like saying Kyrie is definitely coming back to Boston because he bought a house in Providence, RI. It's really not that close. But that's all it takes to get gullible folks to give them their clicks and pingbacks.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1034 on: May 28, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wonder how things would be different if guys were hitting shots against the Bucks. Sure Irving would have been more willing to take less bad shots if they were. A lot of Irving is showmanship and competition so IMO he wouldn't be chucking up shots if other guys were doing well. Let's not forget the the team performance was bad up and down all year not just one man.

Also despite the up and down season Tatum had a great rookie year with Irving, this year he changed his shot selection and struggled. Brown said he struggled with the bench role to start, that's on Brown. Horford has his best C's years with Irving. Smart's best year is starting next to Irving. Morris' best role is outlet scorer from Irving passes. This team is better with Irving. He had a bad series and most of the year guys had their own struggles. Like Smart said to put it all on Irving is ..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:42:02 PM by Csfan1984 »