Author Topic: least favorite Celtic of all time  (Read 33952 times)

Re: least favorite Celtic of all time
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2009, 11:12:57 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
this is going to sound a bit irreverent, but i'll say it anyway and then briefly explain: Paul Pierce.

Now before you start throwing your cyber-rocks at me...

I now have a renewed respect for Paul Pierce, and I truly love him as a player.  But for many years I honestly didn't like the guy and was hopeful danny would trade him.  he seemed to be immature and i never could tell if he truly embraced the idea of being a celtic icon and what all that entailed.  i always thought he was a bit overrated as a "star" player - meaning: he seemed like a better "pippen than a jordan" - was better suited as a second fiddle type player and not the main guy...i just didn't think he had the mental makeup for it.

but he's grown on me and i'm thankful that ownership stood beside him...

i'll say this: if the plan was to simply surround pierce with young players i don't think i would have ever come around to him...but now that guys like garnett and allen play next to him i think paul can now relax and play...he is a more complete player now and my dislike for his game has changed a lot.

I like the points and understand where you're coming from, but did you really hate him more then, say, Mark Blount?

i started another thread here about having to build a franchise around one player, whom would it be.  someone came up with a great idea and said we need to take bird and russell out of the equation.

with that thought, let's just assume we all hate mark blount and remove him from this equation too... :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »

Offline Locomotive Breath

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Mine is Kermit Washington, basically for the most despicable thing i ever seen on a basketball court(the punching of Rudy Tomjanovich). Even though he was an Laker at the time I never could forgive him for that when he became an Celtic.

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Mine is Kermit Washington, basically for the most despicable thing i ever seen on a basketball court(the punching of Rudy Tomjanovich). Even though he was an Laker at the time I never could forgive him for that when he became an Celtic.
Wow, I saw a documentary on Kermit a while back and he still hates himself for that one momentary lapse of reason.  He cried when talking about how much he wishes he could take it back and how badly he yearns for forgiveness from Rudy T.  Rudy seems to have forgiven him.  Guess if the victim can, we should too.

Now Blount is just an outright Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. bag.

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2009, 01:02:37 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Wicks & Rowe - they embodied the worst traits of selfish pro athletes and played during some of the darkest days in Celtic history.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:28:08 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Mark Blount
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2009, 08:32:08 AM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
I think mine might be Wally, I could never warm to him.

The way he'd hover around for an open shot then run back barking and pointing for everyone to play defense when he was one of the worst defenders I've seen always annoyed me.

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2009, 09:15:39 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
After reading this whole thread I can honestly say I can't remember ever disliking a Celtic while he was in uniform. 

For a while though there was this guy Scal that I wanted them to get rid of.  I know there are some others here that felt the same way.

Joe Forte is probably the worst Celtic I can remember though.  At least some of the other "hated" guys contributed something.  This guy was an awful player AND a locker room cancer.

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I will have to go with Wicks and Rowe as players. Hard to imagine they spent any time at all around John Wooden.

For those that hate Bob McAdoo, didn't his trade land us either Bird or McHale? I can forgive his Celtic misgivings for that perk.

As for coach/management, Pitino certainly deserves mention. What an arrogant fool he was. Don't forget, however, that John Y Brown almost cost us Red to the Knicks. That would have been far worse than anything little Ricky did.

« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
1. Mark Blount
2. Marcus Banks
3. Walker (the second time)

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2009, 11:19:38 AM »

Offline I Am A Boston Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
Bill Russell.....

Played 13 seasons and could only manage 11 championships.....

Just not good enough!!!

;D

« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Gerald Green

Dumbest Celtic ever, and the poster child for the chronic overrating of Ainge's draft picks by Celtic internet boards everywhere, the biggest offender being Real GM.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I personally hated Raef LaFrentz.  I don't know why, he was a decent player.  There was just something about him and his game that drove me crazy.

I don't know how anybody could hate this guy if you ever attended a game.  He didn't need to.  He was getting paid regardless.  But Lafrentz was out way before anybody else was.  Stretching with trainers, sprinting, and clearly always in a lot of pain.  It wasn't his fault he got the contract.  He tried to earn his salary.

Acie Earl.   My eyes hurt trying to watch him run up and down the floor.

You must really hate Perk, then.  Because they run the court exactly alike.

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
Todd Day.