Author Topic: Dwight Howard Already Saying He'll Leave LA For Another Championship Contender  (Read 10929 times)

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
This would make me so happy!

Unless he leaves for the Heat.

I'd rather the Heat than Lakers.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Makes me happy.

Please leave. 

Want to play with Rondo. 

Force the Lakers take Green, Melo and Collins.
I fully expect any team headlined by Rondo and Howard to be an abject failure.

Yes, it would be painful watching all those alley-oops.
No, it would be painful to watch how your franchise players can't get you a bucket or a free throw when you need one in the worst way.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
This would make me so happy!

Unless he leaves for the Heat.

I'd rather the Heat than Lakers.

I'd rather the Heat win a title before the Lakers.

But I don't want to see the Heat get another top 10 NBA player. More bandwagoners, less competition around the league, etc. All around just bad.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Howard is such a little (fill in the explecitive here). I mean come on, all you did last year was whine to get your way, you get your way, and then you whine some more?

The reason you play basketball is to win a championship Dwight, and youre supposed to be a top ten player in this league. You work hard to get a ring. To me, this is basically like Dwight saying, heck Ill go to a team with players that play better and harder than me just so I can wear that ring.

Stop trying to take the easy way out Dwight. If you really wanted a ring. You would play your heart and soul out for whatever team youre on to get one. Not demand trades to be put in an easier situation for you. This guy really ticks me off and he has become my second (or third) most hated player in the league behind James and Wade.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Yes, I would want Dwight.

It is the double stick to the Lakers.

1)  They lose the guy they plan on building around.

2)  He leaves them for Boston.

Hey I thought you didn't like "knuckleheads"?!?!?!

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I will always take a guy that carried his team to the finals, not the stat hanging fool on a terrible team. 

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I will always take a guy that carried his team to the finals, not the stat hanging fool on a terrible team.

Oh okay.

But talk about one of the all time lockerroom cancers in Dwight. He did just about everything bad Blatche did

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Petulant child....anyone see him make a 3 the other night? I was actually embarrased

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Eh. He doesn't get out of the 2nd round that year if kg stays healthy...barely did anyway..he has hedo to thank for that. He went on to play really well against the cavs that's about it
Ironically he was dominated by pau gasol in the finala

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Eh. He doesn't get out of the 2nd round that year if kg stays healthy...barely did anyway..he has hedo to thank for that. He went on to play really well against the cavs that's about it

15 and 15 with 4 blocks a game?

Against Bynum who averaged 6 and 4 with a shooting % under 40%?

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Makes me happy.

Please leave. 

Want to play with Rondo. 

Force the Lakers take Green, Melo and Collins.
I fully expect any team headlined by Rondo and Howard to be an abject failure.

Yes, it would be painful watching all those alley-oops.
No, it would be painful to watch how your franchise players can't get you a bucket or a free throw when you need one in the worst way.

If Rondo can get alley-oops with KG or Wilcox late in close games he'll manage with Dwight.

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

15 and 15 with 4 blocks a game?

Against Bynum who averaged 6 and 4 with a shooting % under 40%?

If you watched those finals...he got punked....what do his numbers mean? As I said he was dominated by gasol who played more minutes on Dwight with the odom lineup.

Dwight Howard is the most immature knucklehead Stat padder in the Nba....move on from the one time the magic flukeishly made the finals only to get embarrassed

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If Rondo can get alley-oops with KG or Wilcox late in close games he'll manage with Dwight.
If you're trying to convince me that "getting alley-oops" is some form of legitimate NBA go-to offence, you're wasting your time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If you're trying to convince me that "getting alley-oops" is some form of legitimate NBA go-to offence, you're wasting your time.

Rondo's more comfortable shooting late in games than he used to be, we're scoring well late in games when he plays and he gets tons of assists late in games. If you want some convincing, show why the Celts would be suddenly unable to score with Howard on the team first.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It looks like something I read yesterday that was taken out of context here. Wasn't that quote part of a conversation about why Dwight had to leave Orlando and go to LA.

The quote wasn't about leaving the Lakers but was about leaving Orlando. If I am remembering the rest of his quotes yesterday proplery.

Yes, the quote is taken out of context.  As much as I hate to defend Dwight Howard, I watched the link to the video posted in the article, and Howard wasn't talking about leaving LA.  He was talking about leaving Orlando. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson