Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 370708 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1920 on: April 18, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Don't propose a sign and trade unless you can show its legal via the CBA.
Don't tell me not to propose a sign and trade unless you can show it's not legal via the CBA.
Have fun constructing such a trade that keeps the Celtics underneath the apron when they are hard capped.

Edit: Tax went up more than I thought, its the roster that would be hard to construct not the trade.

« Reply #1921 on: April 18, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Don't tell me not to propose a sign and trade unless you can show it's not legal via the CBA.
Have fun constructing such a trade that keeps the Celtics underneath the apron when they are hard capped.
Yup. Such a trade, if you can get the numbers to work, which for a double sign and trade gets very, very difficult, would still put us over the apron meaning Ainge would need to cut salary. A bunch of salary.

« Reply #1922 on: April 18, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yup. Such a trade, if you can get the numbers to work, which for a double sign and trade gets very, very difficult, would still put us over the apron meaning Ainge would need to cut salary. A bunch of salary.
Apron is going to be 138 million which is higher than I thought it'd be. Still the 8 million Simmons makes and the 30+ million Tobias will would leave the C's with essentially no room.

Horford would have to opt out and take less to build a functional roster.

« Reply #1923 on: April 18, 2019, 12:54:16 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Assuming Kyrie wants to team up with Butler in Philly (they seem to be close friends):

Simmons + Tobias Harris (sign and trade) for Kyrie (sign and trade)

Don't think we could get a better deal elsewhere (again, assuming Kyrie wants to walk).

why would we want simmons? Unless flipping him to a 3rd team

« Reply #1924 on: April 18, 2019, 01:24:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Apron is going to be 138 million which is higher than I thought it'd be. Still the 8 million Simmons makes and the 30+ million Tobias will would leave the C's with essentially no room.

Horford would have to opt out and take less to build a functional roster.
Are you taking into consideration the cap holds for the draft picks? That's $7 million.

Or the cap holds on others? Basically every free agent would need to be renounced.

« Reply #1925 on: April 18, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Edit: Tax went up more than I thought, its the roster that would be hard to construct not the trade.
If projections hold, the luxury tax apron for next season will stand at $138,000,000.

1. Hayward $32,700,690
2. Harris $30,000,000
3. Horford $20,000,000 (assuming he opts out and signs a new long-term deal)
4. Smart $ 12,553,471
5. Simmons $8,113,929
6. Tatum $ 7,830,000
7. Brown $ 6,534,829
8. Yabu $ 3,117,240
9. Williams $ 1,937,520
10. Semi $1,618,520
11. Kings pick (most likely #14) $3,454,080
12. Clips pick (#20) $2,578,800
13. Celtics pick (#22) $2,376,840
14. vet min $1,618,486
15. vet min $1,618,486
Jackson $ 92,858

(assuming Baynes opts out of his $5,453,280)

SUM: $136,145,749

It's only hypothetical, assuming Kyrie wants to team up with Butler in Philly.

« Reply #1926 on: April 18, 2019, 01:58:31 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

If projections hold, the luxury tax apron for next season will stand at $138,000,000.

1. Hayward $32,700,690
2. Harris $30,000,000
3. Horford $20,000,000 (assuming he opts out and signs a new long-term deal)
4. Smart $ 12,553,471
5. Simmons $8,113,929
6. Tatum $ 7,830,000
7. Brown $ 6,534,829
8. Yabu $ 3,117,240
9. Williams $ 1,937,520
10. Semi $1,618,520
11. Kings pick (most likely #14) $3,454,080
12. Clips pick (#20) $2,578,800
13. Celtics pick (#22) $2,376,840
14. vet min $1,618,486
15. vet min $1,618,486
Jackson $ 92,858

(assuming Baynes opts out of his $5,453,280)

SUM: $136,145,749

It's only hypothetical, assuming Kyrie wants to team up with Butler in Philly.

Harris is a good player, but if you're paying him $30m a year then you've already lost.

But to be completely not based in 2k land, the new CBA made sign and trades rare. Double sign and trades? Lol. Okay.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1927 on: April 18, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Why would Harris take 2.7 less than the max?

Also your entire trade relies on Horford opting out and giving up 10 million, which makes it even harder to see it happening.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 02:04:34 PM by Fafnir »

« Reply #1928 on: April 18, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Also your entire trade relies on Horford opting out and giving up 10 million, which makes it even harder to see it happening.
OK, fine. Pay him $32,700,000 and dump Yabu for a top 55 protected second rounder. Worst case scenario, give up a future second rounder to make the deal work.

My point is that if Kyrie forces his way to Philly, we can go after Simmons (given that the Sixers GM wants to trade him). Don't think it's the most realistic scenario, but it's definitely possible under the CBA.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 02:17:28 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #1929 on: April 18, 2019, 02:34:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

OK, fine. Pay him $32,700,000 and dump Yabu for a top 55 protected second rounder. Worst case scenario, give up a future second rounder to make the deal work.

My point is that if Kyrie forces his way to Philly, we can go after Simmons (given that the Sixers GM wants to trade him). Don't think it's the most realistic scenario, but it's definitely possible under the CBA.

What is with your infatuation and dislike for Kyrie? Without Kyrie, would we even have won last night?

I don't understand detractors sometimes. Like hate him all you want, but there is no way with how our offense faltered last night, that we could've won if it was Rozier or Smart starting instead of Kyrie.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1930 on: April 18, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

My point is you threw it out there and it is incredibly unrealistic and mechanically difficult. It also assumes that the C's would want to give Tobias that contract (despite having Brown/Tatum/Hayward) and Tobias wants to go to Boston (again Tatum/Brown/Hayward loom) and that the 76ers would part with Simmons (I'm skeptical)

If Kyrie wants to force his way to Philly (or any team really) he could, but I don't think a double sign and trade is how it would happen. It'd be an opt in and trade like CP3 did.

« Reply #1931 on: April 18, 2019, 03:39:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Brett Brown has apparently lost the locker room. Not sure if this should have its own thread or not, but indicates Ben Simmons has missed at least one game with a hangover from going out drinking and that Embid got in Bruce Bowens face.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-sports-brett-brown-76ers-20190416-tto22hsfvje4zeq2y7egfkij2y-story.html

The degree to which Brown lost the locker room was amplified on March 25 when Ben Simmons sat out a 21-point loss to the Orlando Magic due to a “stomach virus.”

In actuality, a source close to the team told the Daily News, Simmons had spent the previous night partying in Orlando. The “stomach virus” was a fallacy, although that is nothing new for the Sixers organization. They used to do the same thing when Allen Iverson was partying and gambling his nights away in Atlantic City and showing up for practice hung over. Larry Brown was the mastermind of those cover-ups, although the stories eventually came out.
But the Sixers are a mess internally, with Brown having long ago lost the locker room following the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, but before the acquisition of Tobias Harris. The breaking point came at a game in Portland when Brown had Bruce Bowen address the team about “San Antonio Spurs culture” – a speech that went over like a lead balloon to such an extent that Joel Embiid and Bowen got into each other‘s faces.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:04:42 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #1932 on: April 18, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Brett Brown has apparently lost the locker room. Not sure if this should have its own thread or not, but indicates Ben Simmons has missed at least one game with a hangover from going out drinking and that Embid has screamed in Browns face.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nets/ny-sports-brett-brown-76ers-20190416-tto22hsfvje4zeq2y7egfkij2y-story.html

The degree to which Brown lost the locker room was amplified on March 25 when Ben Simmons sat out a 21-point loss to the Orlando Magic due to a “stomach virus.”

In actuality, a source close to the team told the Daily News, Simmons had spent the previous night partying in Orlando. The “stomach virus” was a fallacy, although that is nothing new for the Sixers organization. They used to do the same thing when Allen Iverson was partying and gambling his nights away in Atlantic City and showing up for practice hung over. Larry Brown was the mastermind of those cover-ups, although the stories eventually came out.
But the Sixers are a mess internally, with Brown having long ago lost the locker room following the acquisition of Jimmy Butler, but before the acquisition of Tobias Harris. The breaking point came at a game in Portland when Brown had Bruce Bowen address the team about “San Antonio Spurs culture” – a speech that went over like a lead balloon to such an extent that Joel Embiid and Bowen got into each other‘s faces.
Where does the article say anything about Embiid screaming in Brown's face?

« Reply #1933 on: April 18, 2019, 04:28:52 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Brett Brown has apparently lost the locker room. Not sure if this should have its own thread or not, but indicates Ben Simmons has missed at least one game with a hangover from going out drinking and that Embid has screamed in Browns face.

Probably just an understandable reading error (I read it as Brown instead of Bowen the first time as well).  On the Brown topic though:

If I watch this post game clip from Monday's game, I might think the opposite.

But overall that article doesn't really do anything for me, or really give me any good examples where I'm saying, "wow Brown really has lost the locker room."

The Bowen speech in Portland, funny fail from our side.  And looking at the box score, they lost by 34 which was Philly's biggest loss of the season.  Wonder if the speech came before the game (hilarious if the result was a 34 point loss) or after (makes more sense it wouldn't go over well after such a whooping).  But Embiid getting animated with Bruce Bowen shows me nothing about the Brett Brown relationship.

Then there's Simmons.  No doubt he has maturity issues, but him being hung over for a game to me says nothing about his relationship with Brown, just reinforces the maturity issues.

Article didn't really provide any insight into Brown losing the locker room though.  Seems like more conjecture than fact based solely on what was in that article.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1934 on: April 18, 2019, 04:35:24 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Probably just an understandable reading error (I read it as Brown instead of Bowen the first time as well).  On the Brown topic though:

If I watch this post game clip from Monday's game, I might think the opposite.

But overall that article doesn't really do anything for me, or really give me any good examples where I'm saying, "wow Brown really has lost the locker room."

The Bowen speech in Portland, funny fail from our side.  And looking at the box score, they lost by 34 which was Philly's biggest loss of the season.  Wonder if the speech came before the game (hilarious if the result was a 34 point loss) or after (makes more sense it wouldn't go over well after such a whooping).  But Embiid getting animated with Bruce Bowen shows me nothing about the Brett Brown relationship.

Then there's Simmons.  No doubt he has maturity issues, but him being hung over for a game to me says nothing about his relationship with Brown, just reinforces the maturity issues.

Article didn't really provide any insight into Brown losing the locker room though.  Seems like more conjecture than fact based solely on what was in that article.

Imo its an article meant to deflect attentiom away from the immaturity of simmons and embiid.

Everyone knows they are complete screwups....so its time to plant other seeds that can grow into deflection trees by seasons end