12 (19%)
Cavaliers In 6
10 (15.9%)
Celtics In 7
38 (60.3%)
Cavaliers In 7
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Tied 2-2, Do You Believe?  (Read 5456 times)

Tied 2-2, Do You Believe?
« on: May 22, 2018, 01:54:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
After two spectacular double-digit wins at home in Games 1 and 2, we got blown out in Game 3 and then lost a game that the Celtics could have very well won in Game 4 (Just a lot of stupid, ugly plays and brutal mistakes from our guys last night)

Momentum is clearly on Cleveland's side, but we still have home court advantage.

We may be 37-0 lifetime when going up 2-0 in a series, but if anyone can put a dent to that record, it's Lebron. Now it's officially a new series, and a best of 3.

So are you still believing? Or do you think Lebron wills the Cavaliers to a series win, including a win (or two) at TD Garden?

MY PREDICTION: Celtics in 6! - I believe! And yes, not only am I believing we win Game 5, but we close them out on the road too. IF we win Game 5, I think we have real momentum going into Game 6 and also, there won't be 3 whole days off before Game 6, so they may be tired and that's where we could sneak a road win at the Q (finally!). We're 9-0 at TD Garden in the playoffs so far, and I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow (but obviously really, really nervous too). Let Lebron go off, but contain their other threats, like we did Games 1 and 2. Game 5 is HUGE (if you didn't already know that). Lose Game 5, and it's CLE in 6 sadly. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Tied 2-2, Do You Believe?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Celtics in 7!!

But if not, it's probably Cavs in 6 unfortunately. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:02:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics in 7!!

But if not, it's probably Cavs in 6 unfortunately.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this series goes 7, but my gut feeling just tells me they can win in 6  ;D

My gut feeling also thought even with our best efforts, we'd lose Games 3 and 4 on the road. So I'm trusting it for now.

That's of course assuming we can pull off a win tomorrow night.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:48 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
As I said before, I was under no delusion that the Celtics were going to sweep Cleveland. Both teams have simply won on their home courts. I was encouraged how the Celtics fought back into the game last night and gave themselves a chance to compete in the fourth quarter. I don't expect Cleveland to shoot like that again, and I also don't expect to see Boston to shoot as poorly. I believe the Celtics have a chance to close it out in game 6, but if I were a betting man, I would say Celtics in 7.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Celtics in 7.

Tatum has his first game of 30+ points all season in Game 7 with him out-dueling Lebron and leading Boston past Cleveland. Shades of Pierce vs. Lebron in Game 7, 2008, with Tatum playing like Pierce!  8)

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 02:08:27 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
After two spectacular double-digit wins at home in Games 1 and 2, we got blown out in Game 3 and then lost a game that the Celtics could have very well won in Game 4 (Just a lot of stupid, ugly plays and brutal mistakes from our guys last night)
Let's be fair.  There were two blow outs and two, somewhat comfortable wins for each team.  One could argue that the Cavs had a better chance to win game 2 than we did last night.  And I think that would be accurate.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 02:09:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ask me after game 5

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 02:10:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Let's be fair.  There were two blow outs and two, somewhat comfortable wins for each team.  One could argue that the Cavs had a better chance to win game 2 than we did last night.  And I think that would be accurate.

Fair enough. I thought it wasn't that much different to be honest. CLE cut the deficit to 6 points before Boston pulled away for good in Game 2 and won by 13. We cut the deficit to 7 before CLE pulled away themselves last night. Now sure, CLE did outplay Boston the whole first half of Game 2 while Boston pretty much fell behind big early and stayed behind the rest of the game.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Fair enough. I thought it wasn't that much different to be honest. CLE cut the deficit to 6 points before Boston pulled away for good in Game 2 and won by 13. We cut the deficit to 7 before CLE pulled away themselves last night. Now sure, CLE did outplay Boston the whole first half of Game 2 while Boston pretty much fell behind big early and stayed behind the rest of the game.
Just a funny example of how biased fans can be.  We had two blow out wins while they had one, and could have lost the other. :)

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Celts will win game 5. Even in Cleveland they hustled and got good shots - they just missed too many. They will play better and Cleveland will play worse. Cs up 3-2. I am hoping they can steal game 6, but I just can’t see that far ahead. If they do win in 6, wow.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Momentum is clearly on Cleveland's side, but we still have home court advantage.

We may be 37-0 lifetime when going up 2-0 in a series, but if anyone can put a dent to that record, it's Lebron. Now it's officially a new series, and a best of 3.

So are you still believing? Or do you think Lebron wills the Cavaliers to a series win, including a win (or two) at TD Garden?

MY PREDICTION: Celtics in 6! - I believe! And yes, not only am I believing we win Game 5, but we close them out on the road too. IF we win Game 5, I think we have real momentum going into Game 6 and also, there won't be 3 whole days off before Game 6, so they may be tired and that's where we could sneak a road win at the Q (finally!). We're 9-0 at TD Garden in the playoffs so far, and I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow (but obviously really, really nervous too). Let Lebron go off, but contain their other threats, like we did Games 1 and 2. Game 5 is HUGE (if you didn't already know that). Lose Game 5, and it's CLE in 6 sadly.
good thread, good attitude. i agree with celtics in six!!! and a tp for the confidence.

the celtics missed 15 dunks/layups in game 4.  all the celts need to do is calm down, play CBS game plan, make some shots early and they win it in cleveland.

Chris Forsberg

@ESPNForsberg
 Celtics missed 15 dunks/layups during Game 4.

Maybe more painful: The Cavaliers turned those misses into 15 points (4-of-8 shooting, 7 free throws), per @ESPNStatsInfo

Jaylen Brown: "Just going too fast, too excited. Just need to slow down."

11:34 PM - May 21, 2018
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Nope! I love the C's but momentum is NOT on their side, I predict a close loss in Game 5 and close Q1 in game 6.

I never thought I'd say this, but the only person the C's don't have an equalizer for is....Tristan, cheating on Khloe, Kardashian.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 03:23:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes. Celtics in 6.

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 03:30:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Nope! I love the C's but momentum is NOT on their side, I predict a close loss in Game 5 and close Q1 in game 6.

I never thought I'd say this, but the only person the C's don't have an equalizer for is....Tristan, cheating on Khloe, Kardashian.
momentum?? ha ha...the celtics had it after two games, and....? the celtics will have momentum after they beat the living snot out of the cadavers in game 5!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

momentum?? ha ha...the celtics had it after two games, and....? the celtics will have momentum after they beat the living snot out of the cadavers in game 5!!!  ;D

Probably won't happen, but remember Game 6 between the Cavaliers and Pacers where the Pacers blew out the Cavs at home and Lebron sat out pretty much the entire 4th. Would love for us to do that tomorrow night  ;D