Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144639 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2016, 11:57:19 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Today's workouts. Very solid list.

Group 1

Yogi Ferrell – Indiana
 Brice Johnson – North Carolina
 Gary Payton II – Oregon State
 Diamond Stone – Maryland
 Stephen Zimmerman – UNLV
 Ivica Zubac – Bosnia & Herzegovina

Group 2

Tavon Allen – Drexel
 Anthony "Cat" Barber – NC State
 Trashon Burrell – Memphis
 Josh Hagins – Arkansas-Little Rock
 AJ Hammons – Purdue
 Cam Ridley – Texas

« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Past evidence seems to suggest that we've zeroed in on Jaylen Brown, who I think has the second highest upside in the draft after Simmons

You can add ingram, chriss and dunn to the list

« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2016, 12:10:50 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I just read over at realgm that Jaylen Brown just canceled a workout with the TWolves to do a second workout with the Celtics.
Remember last year the C's worked out both Rozier and Mickey twice before picking them...

Yes I do and I believe that is a good way to predict where Danny is going. I also remember draft when Smart was drafted. All the talk was that they would take Smart and sure as Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. they did.

« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Past evidence seems to suggest that we've zeroed in on Jaylen Brown, who I think has the second highest upside in the draft after Simmons

You can add ingram, chriss and dunn to the list
I'm under the impression that it's Ingram if he falls or Jaylen Brown

« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2016, 12:23:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I just read over at realgm that Jaylen Brown just canceled a workout with the TWolves to do a second workout with the Celtics.
Remember last year the C's worked out both Rozier and Mickey twice before picking them...

Yes I do and I believe that is a good way to predict where Danny is going. I also remember draft when Smart was drafted. All the talk was that they would take Smart and sure as **** they did.

They worked Smart out twice as well, I'm fairly certain.

« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Yes I do and I believe that is a good way to predict where Danny is going. I also remember draft when Smart was drafted. All the talk was that they would take Smart and sure as **** they did.

Yeah, the first one went well so they wanted to afford him the opportunity to get another look.

« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2016, 12:26:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Yea I want to say they brought him in the second time a day or 2 before the draft?

« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Well that worked out Bender in Israel, and he's due for a second in Boston the 21st. So I'm not sure if a second workout tell us who they will draft.

« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Yeah, the first one went well so they wanted to afford him the opportunity to get another look.

They did bring him in twice, but the first one actually went horrible. The front office was shocked and so they asked him to come for a second one. He nailed the second one and played much better.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

They did bring him in twice, but the first one actually went horrible. The front office was shocked and so they asked him to come for a second one. He nailed the second one and played much better.

Sorry meant "didn't go well" that's why they gave him that second chance.

« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
YouTubes to get me on the Brown hype train?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2016, 06:04:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Alldaboston, you have done a great job with this list this draft season. It has been great not being the one searching all over Twitter for this information and instead just checking for Google doc. I would like to suggest that as a final pre draft use of your Intel you list you create a revised list without the plays who went back to college and ranking the players per fords big board. Doing this in the head quickly it gives a very interesting picture who the Cs are likely targeting at 16,23 and the early 30s. Barring a trade it would appear they like Murray/brown/bender at 3, are hoping labbissiere/ Sabonis are available at 16 and a euro at 23 but you have more names then that falling into the 16-35 rangw
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2016, 06:47:51 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Alldaboston, you have done a great job with this list this draft season. It has been great not being the one searching all over Twitter for this information and instead just checking for Google doc. I would like to suggest that as a final pre draft use of your Intel you list you create a revised list without the plays who went back to college and ranking the players per fords big board. Doing this in the head quickly it gives a very interesting picture who the Cs are likely targeting at 16,23 and the early 30s. Barring a trade it would appear they like Murray/brown/bender at 3, are hoping labbissiere/ Sabonis are available at 16 and a euro at 23 but you have more names then that falling into the 16-35 rangw

Thanks CFAN! It wasn't just me though, a lot of the other posters helped out and reported stuff that I hadn't seen, so major props to them too.

That's a great idea too, I think I'll have some free time this week since school is finally out and I've got nothing else to do. So you're saying, ranking all the guys we worked out by Ford's rankings?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2016, 06:51:31 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Yeah if you reference the Chad Ford Yier thread break the players out into his tiers.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2016, 06:54:06 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Yeah if you reference the Chad Ford Yier thread break the players out into his tiers.
Sounds good. I'll get to that as soon as I can.