Poll

Poll: Which Celtic will show the biggest improvement this season compared to their NBA performance last season?

Kemba Walker
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Gordon Hayward
Enes Kanter
Daniel Theis
Robert Williams III
Semi Ojeleye
Brad Wanamaker

Author Topic: Poll: Which Celtic will show the biggest improvement this season?  (Read 5948 times)

Re: Poll: Which Celtic will show the biggest improvement this season?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 11:52:42 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Though the starting lineup on opening night will likely be Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Kanter, I also think Brad will shuffle the lineups around.

On some nights, we could see Hayward or Tatum off the bench, Kanter at the 4 and RWill at the 5.  Other nights, it could be Kanter and Timelord in the front court with Hayward at the 2, Tatum at the 3 and Brown off the bench.

I get the feeling we won't see the same starting line up every night, which might not be a bad thing, as long as guys buy in and don't fret because they're coming off the bench.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 05:15:01 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Though the starting lineup on opening night will likely be Kemba, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Kanter, I also think Brad will shuffle the lineups around.

On some nights, we could see Hayward or Tatum off the bench, Kanter at the 4 and RWill at the 5.  Other nights, it could be Kanter and Timelord in the front court with Hayward at the 2, Tatum at the 3 and Brown off the bench.

I get the feeling we won't see the same starting line up every night, which might not be a bad thing, as long as guys buy in and don't fret because they're coming off the bench.
I expect the shuffling you describe will happen within games as well.  Brad has to build a consistent rotation but also vary from it as needed depending on matchups.

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I expect the shuffling you describe will happen within games as well.  Brad has to build a consistent rotation but also vary from it as needed depending on matchups.

Yeah, personally I support the idea of Stevens trying to mix in more size into our lineups. I feel that was one of our downfalls last season. Though stats may say otherwise, the eye test told me we got killed in rebounding.

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
Well if nothing else changes Kanter is a far superior rebounder to Horford.  I suspect that will improve things some.  Tatum getting more run at the 4 also probably helps as he is a better rebounder to Morris.  The problem will be on defense...rebounding, transition, and offense will likely be better with these guys, but passing and D will be worse.

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
Well if nothing else changes Kanter is a far superior rebounder to Horford.  I suspect that will improve things some.  Tatum getting more run at the 4 also probably helps as he is a better rebounder to Morris.  The problem will be on defense...rebounding, transition, and offense will likely be better with these guys, but passing and D will be worse.

I though Morris rebounded pretty well last year. Went back and checked the stats.....it's eerie how similar he and Tatum's overall numbers were. Not just in rebounding, but everything.

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2019, 05:56:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, personally I support the idea of Stevens trying to mix in more size into our lineups.

I've believe it when I see it, Death to small ball!

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2019, 06:05:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yeah, personally I support the idea of Stevens trying to mix in more size into our lineups.

This tbh, I'll believe it when he starts trotting out lineups that actually utilise length.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Well said! "Small ball" is a dead-end road.

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2019, 08:51:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

This tbh, I'll believe it when he starts trotting out lineups that actually utilise length.

Would be nice for a change, wouldn't it?

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Would be nice for a change, wouldn't it?
Agreed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA