Author Topic: Celtics (4-8) at Spurs (9-1) Game #13 11/20  (Read 58749 times)

Re: Celtics (4-8) at Spurs (9-1) Game #13 11/20
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
New Starting line up tonight.  Bass and Faverani are out and Sully and Kelly are in.  According to A. Sherrod Blakely

Sully and Kelly vs Duncan and Tiago.  Trial by fire, but I like it (challenging the young'ns, not the likely outcome).

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Naw ......Celtics may end up playing it close ....... But that's the BEST that this game will produce for Celtics. Maybe a close game for 3 quarters . 

The Spur are a contender with. Veteran  Closer 's .......talent that can and WILL take over the game in the fourth and finish off the Celtics .

Celtics lose by 10 .

Not Stevens fault......he has junk role players.

Think about it.       Duncan and Parker   Vs.   Crawford and Fav ......

Come on Danny ?............your team sucks ........for 70 million this is all you can put on the floor ?

wow. did you all of a sudden forget the plan?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 2k, TP. 

Go C's!!

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 08:05:52 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
New Starting line up tonight.  Bass and Faverani are out and Sully and Kelly are in.  According to A. Sherrod Blakely

Sully and Kelly vs Duncan and Tiago.  Trial by fire, but I like it (challenging the young'ns, not the likely outcome).

I like the change. I think they need more quickness and mobility to better handle the Spurs PnR play than Faverani provides. So I like Olynyk coming in for Faverani. And I have wanted Sully in the starting lineup for Bass for some time. Sully earned that spot with his play last year.

I think either Sully or Olynyk can cause Tiago Splitter a few problems but I worry about how well they can handle Duncan. Duncan hasn't been scoring too much (12ppg, 39% FG%) to start the season so hopefully that continues. Gives them half a shot.

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Spurs are a slow team, I don't see us being blown out and I think we can hang in. I would have higher hopes if we played them first instead of Hous. I always think we can sneak victories, I just believe it more when situations are ripe for the picking... like had we played SA yesterday (I don't care that they are 9-1)! I knew we would beat Mia b/c of things like this. Bad thing, the Spurs are far less likely to sleep on us, they are going to run their stuff to perfection no matter who they play (even when they lose).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 08:16:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I like the change. I think they need more quickness and mobility to better handle the Spurs PnR play than Faverani provides. So I like Olynyk coming in for Faverani. And I have wanted Sully in the starting lineup for Bass for some time. Sully earned that spot with his play last year.

I think either Sully or Olynyk can cause Tiago Splitter a few problems but I worry about how well they can handle Duncan. Duncan hasn't been scoring too much (12ppg, 39% FG%) to start the season so hopefully that continues. Gives them half a shot.

Agreed.

I think the hesitation to put Sully as a starter so far has been that Bass had a strong start to the season, plus Sully and the 2nd unit for the most part has been working quite well, so hard to change that aspect.

But after a handful of poor game from Bass, it's time to let Sully shine as it should have been in the first place (but initially prevented because he was coming off back surgery).

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 08:23:33 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Bold Prediction

Jeff Green goes off.

Gerald Wallace gets 15 off the bench.

We win in OT.

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 08:30:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Agreed.

I think the hesitation to put Sully as a starter so far has been that Bass had a strong start to the season, plus Sully and the 2nd unit for the most part has been working quite well, so hard to change that aspect.

But after a handful of poor game from Bass, it's time to let Sully shine as it should have been in the first place (but initially prevented because he was coming off back surgery).

Not starting Sully probably had a lot more to do with his conditioning than anything else. But CBS wanted to start Sully from game 1 but of course he was suspended and Vitor Shined, I guess he didn't want to mess with that (Sully was doing great with the bench unit).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Sully and Kelly starting Frontcourt

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Agreed.

Not starting Sully probably had a lot more to do with his conditioning than anything else. But CBS wanted to start Sully from game 1 but of course he was suspended and Vitor Shined, I guess he didn't want to mess with that (Sully was doing great with the bench unit).

You're right about the suspension. I remember after the first game Stevens inferred before the game that had Sully been available, the probable starters would've been Olynyk and Sully for that game.

But as mentioned, Bass had a strong start and Faverani had a good start, so Sully and his conditioning and how the 2nd unit was performing with him made it hard to justify the change.

But it's time to move on from Bass... I think we should be seeing more of Humphries over him too, but we'll see.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 08:35:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Sully and Kelly starting Frontcourt

It's about time

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
As long as AB isn't taking 22shots and learn to look for our bigs and JG, we might have a chance.

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
KO, Sully, AB, Green, and Pressey is the best lineup.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird