Author Topic: Celtics Team @ Pacquiao vs Diaz Boxing Bout  (Read 6629 times)

Re: Celtics Team @ Pacquiao vs Diaz Boxing Bout
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I haven't seen Pacquiao fight for the last few years, but he is fun to watch. One of the most exciting fighters because he is so aggressive.

After spending quite a lot of time in the Philippines, I can say that Manny probably is a Celtics fan, because most NBA fans in the Philippines tend to like the best team.

Pre-Jordan, everyone was a lakers fan. During Jordan's time, everyone was a Bulls fan.

I guess it is unavoidable when there are only games televised once a week.

There is more loyalty when it comes to the PBA, where everyone likes Ginebra. Is Jaworski still a Senator?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:35:19 PM by guava_wrench »

Re: Celtics Team @ Pacquiao vs Diaz Boxing Bout
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
his term is over i think, but i dunno about his son.. i dont really care for politics much, its makes me sick as it is

while ive never been a pacquiao fan off the court(cmon running at the elections, his singing etc)when he steps inside the ring im a fan

ur kinda right, thats the way it is here.. not so much nba loyalty.. lots of bandwagoners. but who can blame them really. its nba's marketing. thats why people here knows vince carter more than pp. if u haevnt got basketball tv u can wish for a once a week nba game.. and even if you have, u only have once a day. and u dont get to choose which game they show. most often its the more famous team they show, so that means less celtics the past decade

there are still some diehards. im a celts fan since toine was a rookie, my friend is a diehard spurs fans who has a vinny del negro spurs jersey, and my dad is a diehard faker fan(we always have heated arguments whenever i cheer for their opponents)