Author Topic: Gender and Celtics blog  (Read 12468 times)

Gender and Celtics blog
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:25:18 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Just curious as far as our demographics on the blog. I tend to get the feeling most people on here are male, but it'd be interesting to hear who is not male; there could be some surprises.... for the record, I am indeed male
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: Gender and Celtics blog
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:41:53 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
well this thread is going over like a fart in church, but I'm bumping it to give it one more chance, it really would be interesting to know...

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
<---- dude.

I belive, but am not certain, that FLcelt is a women. my apologies if this is not the case  :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
sniff, sniff -- what's that smell?   ;D

I am guessing 98% male. 
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:49:03 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Some stats from CB

Total Members:     5470
Total Posts:    52243
Total Topics:    3332
Total Categories:    5
Users Online:    166
Most Online:    483 - July 30, 2007, 10:40:48 AM
Most Online Today:    191
Users Logged In Today:    283
Total page views:    14638706

Average registrations per day:    9.35
Average posts per day:    522.21
Average topics per day:    33.41
Total Boards:    37
Latest Member:    hollywood14
Average online per day:    134.73
Male to Female Ratio:    32:1
Average page views per day:    24236.27

5470 member/ 32 = 170.973 female members

* - I'm not sure if some of those "lifetime" stats were reset sometime fairly recently, but I think it's safe to say there have been more than 52000 posts since we moved to this version a year and a half ago.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
sounds about right
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 10:59:39 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Some stats from CB

Total Members:     5470

Male to Female Ratio:    32:1

Good thing this isn't a dating site.  ;D

I really enjoy the contributions and perspectives of some of the more active female members, and FlCeltsFan deserves a special shout out for compiling that excellent Celtics links list every day. 

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:56 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I really enjoy the contributions and perspectives of some of the more active female members, and FlCeltsFan deserves a special shout out for compiling that excellent Celtics links list every day. 

The first time I read that, I read it as "some of the more attractive female members".  While I'm sure that's a sentiment that many men would agree with, I was puzzled as to how you knew how attractive the women on here were. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11847
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I am indeed female. At times it hasn't been easy to operate in a mostly male world, but for the most part, I don't think male/female matters.  At one time when I first started posting online, I had a very bad experience when I let it be known that I am female and for the longest time, I never let my gender be known.  But after that one time, I never had a problem.    We are all die hard Celtics fans and that is what counts. 

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
    We are all die hard Celtics fans and that is what counts. 

Amen to that!

Do you have any ideas why females are less likely to be a part of a blog like this?  You obviously contribute and contribute well.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

The first time I read that, I read it as "some of the more attractive female members".  While I'm sure that's a sentiment that many men would agree with, I was puzzled as to how you knew how attractive the women on here were. ;)

Yes Roy, the beauty of these forums is that I could be typing upside down hanging from trapeze and actually look like the picture below and no one would be the wiser:

Yup

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
All that matters is being a Celtic Fan. TP, to you FL, for all the great contributions you make to this site.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Yes Roy, the beauty of these forums is that I could be typing upside down hanging from trapeze and actually look like the picture below and no one would be the wiser:

I figured that *is* what you look like, Redz.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 11:29:21 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
All that matters is being a Celtic Fan. TP, to you FL, for all the great contributions you make to this site.

holy TP ratio for FL...

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I figured that *is* what you look like, Redz.

Don't be silly Roy, this is what I actually look like:

Yup