Author Topic: What would you guys give for the #1 pick?(Simmons)  (Read 1638 times)

What would you guys give for the #1 pick?(Simmons)
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Personally, I think Ben Simmons is the best prospect since Anthony Davis to come into the NBA and I would give up any combination of players and assets besides Smart to get him. Simmons with Brad Stevens would be a nightmare for opponents, and Brad has yet to coach a superstar talent. If we stay at three, Jaylen Brown has to be the pick as he has the most superstar potential in this draft outside of Simmons.

Re: What would you guys give for the #1 pick?(Simmons)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Depends what your goals are - tearing down and rebuilding around Simmons or adding him to this team as a functional piece.

If it's the former, then I'd pretty much give up whatever for him. I'd do something like IT, Crowder, and number 3 for Noel/Okafor and number 1, which actually makes some sense for both sides given their big-guy log jam and Colangelo's philosophy of not having too many rookies/young guys on a team.

If it's the latter, then I'd think you'd probably have to have Ingram fall to three for it to happen. I'd do Smart and three for number one. Though, like I said, that'd probably only work if Ingram fell to three.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Apparently Philly really likes Jamal Murray FWIW, although I'd imagine that's more relevant for if they want to trade Okafor

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would only make a trade after I was sure that LAL was taking Ingram, but probably something like Smart, #3, #31.

I also think it's probably an advisable option for Philly. If Simmons sucks, then they are screwed; but getting a team leader in Smart along with Dunn/Bender/Murray and essentially another late first rounder gives them a much safer path as they begin to build toward contention.

For the Cs, the pick was essentially free anyway and we are lucky enough to have so many defensive guards. If Simmons lives up to his potential, we would have our superstar.

But like I said, if I can get Ingram without giving up Smart, then I am staying at #3 and hoping the hype is real.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
#3, #16, Rozier and a Klondike bar.

I'm just not particularly keen on trading #3 and another one of our starters for Simmons. And I tend to doubt Philly would go for that one.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:56:56 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Bradley, Johnson, 3, 16, 23, 35, 51 and 58.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 02:07:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
3, 16, 2017 BOS 1st, 2018 BKN 1st, Rozier, Hunter, Young

for

1, Noel

so Boston post-trade and returning FA's but no other FA additions

Starters
Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Johnson, Noel

Rotation
Smart, Turner, Simmons, Olynyk, Sullinger

Deep Bench
Jerekbo, Zeller

DLeague
Mickey, 23

May need to start Olynyk or Sullinger to get a bit more offense down low, but I really like that team and that is without any free agent additions.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 02:21:44 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
It depends. Simmons's attitude issues do worry me, it's just so hard to know how seriously to take them without actually knowing the kid. I think that if I were convinced that he is going to take the NBA more seriously than he took the NCAA, I'd trade the farm for him. All 3 Bkn picks, plus AB, Memphis '18, etc.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Depends what your goals are - tearing down and rebuilding around Simmons or adding him to this team as a functional piece.

If it's the former, then I'd pretty much give up whatever for him. I'd do something like IT, Crowder, and number 3 for Noel/Okafor and number 1, which actually makes some sense for both sides given their big-guy log jam and Colangelo's philosophy of not having too many rookies/young guys on a team.

If it's the latter, then I'd think you'd probably have to have Ingram fall to three for it to happen. I'd do Smart and three for number one. Though, like I said, that'd probably only work if Ingram fell to three.

Doesn't seem like enough but I'd do that in a heartbeat. And I'm on the don't trade IT OR Crowder train.

Smart
AB
Simmons
KO
Noel/Okafor

Shooting would be a problem but I still like that lineup.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)