3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49646 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler has requested a trade
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2018, 08:43:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Per Woj, he wants the Clippers. Make it happen Doc.

Doc's not the GM anymore, which is probably a good thing if we want this to happen. He was a horrible GM, he would have found a way to screw it up.

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I like the idea of Butler to the Clippers. Once Jerry West arrived there I was sure they would get better.

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2018, 08:53:44 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
What do the Knicks, the Nets and the Clips have in common (apart from being big market teams)? They can trade for Butler and then create enough cap space to go after Kyrie next summer.

Assuming Butler wants to team up with Kyrie (and vice versa), I'd offer Kyrie to the Wolves in exchange for KAT+fillers. It's a longshot, but stranger things have happened. At the end of the day, this is possibly the only way for Thibs to keep Butler in Minny.

I get that Kyrie is the better fit for the C's. Having said that,

- KAT is about 4 years younger.
- He has never missed a game during his 3 seasons in the league.
- We already have a starting-caliber PG in Rozier.
- Horford is on the wrong side of 30.
terrible idea because neither butler nor kyrie want to be in Minnesota. Butler burned that bridge today. There’s no turning back from a trade request. He essentially told everyone in Minnesota “I hate you.” This isn’t nba 2k
For what it's worth, Kyrie had the Wolves on his list of preferred trade destinations last summer.

Spurs, Heat, Knicks, Wolves. This was the list.

As for Butler, I bet the Wolves front office would be happy to see him re-sign with them, no matter what happened today. Chances are that the same goes for the vast majority of the fans.

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2018, 08:57:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
On tv it said “butler prefers clippers but open to nyk or brooklyn”

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
On tv it said “butler prefers clippers but open to nyk or brooklyn”
Yep.  Clippers have the easiest path to a second max contract next summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
One of the reasons Butler wants out of Minnesota is Townes - the guy reportedly only cares about his offense and apparently does not have the greatest work ethic or commitment to his team or to winning. In other words, a self-centered headcase who doesn't play much defense. We already got one of those - I don't want another.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2018, 09:49:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
One of the reasons Butler wants out of Minnesota is Townes - the guy reportedly only cares about his offense and apparently does not have the greatest work ethic or commitment to his team or to winning. In other words, a self-centered headcase who doesn't play much defense. We already got one of those - I don't want another.
which headcase do we have? It’s really hard to consider kyrie a headcase considering he’s been an outstanding player since he’s been here. He’s surprised me in all aspects of his game 

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I knew that signing had disaster written all over it. I don't know what he was thinking.
which headcase do we have? It’s really hard to consider kyrie a headcase considering he’s been an outstanding player since he’s been here. He’s surprised me in all aspects of his game 

TP

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2018, 10:32:15 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

In his own world Kyrie is a locker room cancer when in the real world its the opposite. He gets along very well with the rest of the guys.

Wiggins etc apparently doesn't like Butler. We all knew Butler threw his young teammates under the bus in Chicago. If there's a headcase here its Butler.

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2018, 11:26:19 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I don't think the rumors of Kyrie and Butler trying to team up this offseason are serious.  If they have these secret strong desire to team up, then why wouldn't the Celtics be on Butler's wish list?  It is the most simple way to accomplish that.  I feel very safe about Kyrie coming back next season.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2018, 11:37:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

In his own world Kyrie is a locker room cancer when in the real world its the opposite. He gets along very well with the rest of the guys.

Wiggins etc apparently doesn't like Butler. We all knew Butler threw his young teammates under the bus in Chicago. If there's a headcase here its Butler.
Yeah, the guy hates Kyrie and is really just making things up at this point. Nothing new.

Everywhere Butler goes he's disliked and causes problems. Way more of a locker room problem than Kyrie, and a bigger one than Towns as far as we've seen
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2018, 07:52:21 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If those are only 3 teams then the price to get Butler won’t be that high.

What could the Clippers give up? Say 2 expiring contracts in Wes Johnson, Marjanovic, the rookie Gilgeous-Alexander, and 2 future firsts maybe.  A starting 5 of Bradley, Butler, Harris, Gallo, and Gortat could be appealing with Butler handling the ball a lot.  Could be good news for the Clippers pick that is lottery protected.

For the Knicks maybe Noah’s big expiring contract, rookie Knox, and 2 future firsts?

Would the Nets be willing to trade future firsts ever again? Lol

I think you need to gauge Butler's valuable comparable to what the Pacers got for George, which means 1sts may not need to be included. One prospect and one starting caliber player with upside might get it done.

Clippers: Shai, Harris
Nets: Crabbe, Russell
Knicks: Hardaway, Frankie

I do agree that a Clippers team that has a backcourt of Williams-Bradley-Beverly-Teodosic, a wing rotation of Butler-Harris-Gallinari-Luc, and a big rotation of Gortat-Harrell would be pretty interesting. If Doc can put the pieces together and they can stay healthy, that team could make noise.

That could work as well for a Clippers trade.  The only difference is I believe Oladipo had about 3 or 4 years left on his contract whereas Harris has 1.   On a side note I think Harris is a little underrated player. 

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think the rumors of Kyrie and Butler trying to team up this offseason are serious.  If they have these secret strong desire to team up, then why wouldn't the Celtics be on Butler's wish list?  It is the most simple way to accomplish that.  I feel very safe about Kyrie coming back next season.
unless neither one wants to be in Boston.  Butler can force his way out now and that team can use salary that makes it possible for Irving to then join him next summer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2018, 08:27:59 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I know this is the narrative but I am not sure I buy it.  It seems that Butler is really full of himself.  Towns may have issues too but Butler clearly just wants out.  I don't think it is fair to blame Towns in any way.  There are going to be players with attitude issues at least as bad as Town's on every team.  If Butler wants to be "the man" he should be more of a leader and deal with the locker room issues (if in fact there really is an issue with Towns).  And do you really think that if Towns was an issue that Thibs wouldn't deal with it very directly?

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I know this is the narrative but I am not sure I buy it.  It seems that Butler is really full of himself.  Towns may have issues too but Butler clearly just wants out.  I don't think it is fair to blame Towns in any way.  There are going to be players with attitude issues at least as bad as Town's on every team.  If Butler wants to be "the man" he should be more of a leader and deal with the locker room issues (if in fact there really is an issue with Towns).  And do you really think that if Towns was an issue that Thibs wouldn't deal with it very directly?

Yeah, I would not be at all surprised if the Twolves perform much better on the court without Butler.