Author Topic: Who do we grab at 25?  (Read 15086 times)

Re: Who do we grab at 25?
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2023, 12:59:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407
I'm all in on Cason Wallace. If he falls a little or we move up a little I really like his game.

I think he is a top 10 pick talent wise. He should be a good starting PG in the league for a decade.

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2023, 01:02:35 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I'm all in on Cason Wallace. If he falls a little or we move up a little I really like his game.

I think he is a top 10 pick talent wise. He should be a good starting PG in the league for a decade.

I agree. Probably won't be there at 25 but stranger things have happened. I bet we could snag him if we moved up to 15.

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2023, 01:10:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
On Maxwell Lewis

Maxwell Lewis has nice SF dimensions at 6’6’25” barefoot with 7’ wingspan, and is fairly fluid which makes him a competent penetrator, and he is also a competent shooter with 35% 3P 79% FT in his two years at Pepperdine. It’s a reasonable start to his profile, but it all comes crashing down due to his poor basketball IQ.

Lewis is a turnover machine on offense and a turnstile on defense, which results in him being a 0 way player. He played for mid-major Pepperdine who went 3-25 in conference games that he played in over his two years. If he can’t win as a mid-major basketball player, how is he expected to win in the NBA?

https://deanondraft.substack.com/p/2023-draft-which-prospects-are-most

Talks about the lack of a clear role on offense. Not a good enough ball-handler and too turnover prone to be a creator so more of an off-ball guy in the NBA. His shooting is solid more than great so he would have to improve a lot to become a high level floor spacer.

Without much of a defensive impact, despite his physical tools, that doesn't leave much on-court value. His advanced stats like BPM are very low. Team record was very poor.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 01:15:39 PM by Who »

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2023, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I also like Brandin Podziemski as the 25th pick. He looks like a Brad player and he can shoot. He looked good in predraft games.

We desperately need an elite shooter ,  that is not a defensive liability

Find us one Liamy

We already have Hauser. I think the shooting is just fine.

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2023, 01:12:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
On Maxwell Lewis

Maxwell Lewis has nice SF dimensions at 6’6’25” barefoot with 7’ wingspan, and is fairly fluid which makes him a competent penetrator, and he is also a competent shooter with 35% 3P 79% FT in his two years at Pepperdine. It’s a reasonable start to his profile, but it all comes crashing down due to his poor basketball IQ.

Lewis is a turnover machine on offense and a turnstile on defense, which results in him being a 0 way player. He played for mid-major Pepperdine who went 3-25 in conference games that he played in over his two years. If he can’t win as a mid-major basketball player, how is he expected to win in the NBA?

Ick!

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2023, 01:13:51 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Wallace just looks so much like Jure Holiday... I think he would be a great fit!

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2023, 01:25:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Anyone know much about Cason Wallace's back problem?

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2023, 01:28:31 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don’t think Wallace falls to Boston

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2023, 01:39:39 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I don’t think Wallace falls to Boston

Me either but I still like him.

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2023, 01:40:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
GG entered the season with hype, but had a disastrous freshman year for South Carolina, as the Gamecocks were by far the worst team in SEC and had the program’s worst season in 58 years.

Much of the blame can be laid on GG, as he was an inefficient black hole who averaged a putrid 0.8 assists, 2.7 turnovers, and 47.4% TS and played terrible defense.

The one saving grace for GG is that he is the youngest prospect in the draft, turning 19 in December, which gives him a long window to improve if he stays focused and works hard

Same article as above

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2023, 01:50:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'm still Scoot obsessed.

altered Simmons deal:

Scoot, Hayward, Thor and pick 34
for Brown and Pritchard

Then we can go back to our pick 35 (34) wish lists

Cissoko! 

(Or ask them for pick 27 in exchange for the Golden State pick)...if Brad is after someone in the 20's....

It makes too much sense to happen.
The C's need distribution and leadership in the 4th quarter, The Hornets have that in Scoot.  The Hornets need someone for LaMelo to lob to, score and defend, who can get back to his strengths next to a PG like LaMelo. Plus Terry R. and Brown were close...(if they resign Terry there).

I think I'd rather have pick 27 in this draft than the Warrior pick next year....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 01:59:04 PM by wiley »

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2023, 02:17:24 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2023, 02:18:33 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I am your resident Uconn fan!! Hawkins is one of the top pure shooters that we have a chance of getting.  I have watched him a lot and man I would love to make it work.

Would Next years first we just got be enough to move up and grab him??? I like Hawkins that much.

I also don't think people take into consideration that Uconn beat some very good teams to win the Championship.

Jordan Hawkins, was incredible on the road to the title!!

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2023, 02:46:22 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I am your resident Uconn fan!! Hawkins is one of the top pure shooters that we have a chance of getting.  I have watched him a lot and man I would love to make it work.

Would Next years first we just got be enough to move up and grab him??? I like Hawkins that much.

I also don't think people take into consideration that Uconn beat some very good teams to win the Championship.

Jordan Hawkins, was incredible on the road to the title!!

A good rule of thumb that I've forgotten about - pick players that were the best players on the NCAA champion, especially from champions that were dominant. they have a good record of being successful in the NBA.

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2023, 02:50:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ya’ll need to hurry up decide on who is going to be the next Celtics Ray Allen .