Author Topic: CNNSI - 3 Eastern teams that could challenge the Heat  (Read 4634 times)

CNNSI - 3 Eastern teams that could challenge the Heat
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: CNNSI - 3 Eastern teams that could challenge the Heat
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
http://nba.si.com/2013/01/21/heat-nba-finals-knicks-pacers-bulls-derrick-rose-lebron-james/?sct=hp_t12_a6&eref=sihp

1. Pacers
2. Knicks
3. Bulls (with a big asterisk)

Celtics not even a sniff.

What's the difference between this and me just writing my thoughts?

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:13:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://nba.si.com/2013/01/21/heat-nba-finals-knicks-pacers-bulls-derrick-rose-lebron-james/?sct=hp_t12_a6&eref=sihp

1. Pacers
2. Knicks

Were the 8th seed and just got dumped on by the Pistons.... No one outside the NBA respects us right now.

I do believe the Knicks and Heat will not underestimate us though.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

1. Pacers
2. Knicks

What's the difference between this and me just writing my thoughts?

Some form of compensation? A healthy following of readers?

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

1. Pacers
2. Knicks

Yawn. If they wrote that a month ago or a month from now the teams listed would change. If the Celts were still on their winning streak they'd probably be on the list as well.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

1. Pacers
2. Knicks

Yawn. If they wrote that a month ago or a month from now the teams listed would change. If the Celts were still on their winning streak they'd probably be on the list as well.

Yeah they might as well be power rankings.

If we beat the Knicks and Heat in the next couple weeks we'll probably be vaulted into the conversation again deservedly or not......then if we lose a few games in a row after we will be demoted again...shocking stuff

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Pacers can't beat Miami. They just have no chance in hell. Roy Hibbert is simply too slow and limited defensively to make a competent team defense against Miami's skilled speed and size.

The Knicks might be able to but that depends a lot on Raymond Felton showing up for the playoffs. Last two go-arounds he was a no-show. Can't beat Miami being this dependent on Carmelo. They need other guys to step up and provide some more balanced scoring. Felton's dribble penetration is key to that.

Chicago has a chance too. Their rebounding, defense and size cause Miami issues. I don't have much trust in their offense with Derrick Rose leading the charge. I think Rose is too easy for LeBron to contain. But guys like Joakim Noah can do a lot of damage.

I still think Boston has the best chance in the East of knocking the Heat off. Their inability to contain Rondo. Garnett's defensive quality and mobility. Encouraging signs of Bradley being able to slow down Wade. LeBron will go off in a ridiculous way but they might be able to slow down the rest of them enough to take them out.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
The Pacers can't beat Miami. They just have no chance in hell. Roy Hibbert is simply too slow and limited defensively to make a competent team defense against Miami's skilled speed and size.

The Knicks might be able to but that depends a lot on Raymond Felton showing up for the playoffs. Last two go-arounds he was a no-show. Can't beat Miami being this dependent on Carmelo. They need other guys to step up and provide some more balanced scoring. Felton's dribble penetration is key to that.

Chicago has a chance too. Their rebounding, defense and size cause Miami issues. I don't have much trust in their offense with Derrick Rose leading the charge. I think Rose is too easy for LeBron to contain. But guys like Joakim Noah can do a lot of damage.

I still think Boston has the best chance in the East of knocking the Heat off. Their inability to contain Rondo. Garnett's defensive quality and mobility. Encouraging signs of Bradley being able to slow down Wade. LeBron will go off in a ridiculous way but they might be able to slow down the rest of them enough to take them out.

Ray could definitely be an X factor for.them

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Ray could definitely be an X factor for.them
agreed - Bradley will score 10 points just backdoor cutting Ray.   ;D

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Right now it looks like the C's will get the first crack at them. I think we match up well. KG makes Bosh look foolish every time they meet. Bradley and Lee can certainly slow Wade down. If Green and Pierce can do anything to make Lebron seem human we're on good footing. Rondo's triple-doubles don't hurt either :)

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
This team hasn't shown me anything that would give me faith they can beat the defending champs.

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
This team hasn't shown me anything that would give me faith they can beat the defending champs.

If playing Miami doesn't motivate this team to dial in and focus consistently then nothing will.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 01:59:58 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Right now it looks like the C's will get the first crack at them. I think we match up well. KG makes Bosh look foolish every time they meet. Bradley and Lee can certainly slow Wade down. If Green and Pierce can do anything to make Lebron seem human we're on good footing. Rondo's triple-doubles don't hurt either :)
What are you talking about?  The last 3 or 4 years Bosh and KG have pretty much cancelled each other out.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

So?

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I wouldn't count on the Celts staying as low as 8th seed.