Author Topic: NFL Fantasy Football 2013 Draft Discussion  (Read 65644 times)

Re: NFL Fantasy Football 2013 Draft Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 02:46:54 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Draft tomorrow. 12 teams. Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX (WR/TE/RB). 7th pick. Who do you target?

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
Draft tomorrow. 12 teams. Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX (WR/TE/RB). 7th pick. Who do you target?
RB and I'd think long and hard about another RB on the turn, but wouldn't set my mind to it as the better value may be a WR depending on what happens.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2013, 03:12:07 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Here's my team.

Auction League, 14 teams, $200 total,  ppr, all tds the same.

Starters:
Qb- Freeman
Rb-foster
Rb- L. Miller
Rb/wr- J. Jones
Wr-Roddy White
Wr- Andre Johnson
TE- Vernon Davis
D- Broncos
K- Bullock

Bench:
Wr- A. Boldin
Wr- A. Roberts
Wr- B. Hartline
Rb- D. Thomas
Te- J. Cameron
Rb- m. Reece

What you think? I got Freeman with like no money left cost me like $5.

Thinking about trading one of my stud Wr for stud RB.

Let freeman roll for now. He was good second half of last season (good enough)

Any thoughts? Need any other info?.

Kinda sitting on waiver right now. For waiver wore you have $100 to spend over the season. Its blimd betting so you don't k ow if someone is outbidding you on someone so it can get tricky later in the season.

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Here's my team.

Starters:
Qb- Freeman
Rb-foster
Rb- L. Miller
Rb/wr- J. Jones
Wr-Roddy White
Wr- Andre Johnson
TE- Vernon Davis
D- Broncos
K- Bullock

Bench:
Wr- A. Boldin
Wr- A. Roberts
Wr- B. Hartline
Rb- D. Thomas
Te- J. Cameron
Rb- m. Reece

Kinda sitting on waiver right now. For waiver wore you have $100 to spend over the season. Its blimd betting so you don't k ow if someone is outbidding you on someone so it can get tricky later in the season.
Your QB is weak and I'm not sold on your RB's.  You have solid WR depth though.  Perhaps a trade of a WR or two for an upgrade at QB or RB is in order.  You may want to wait a week or two though to see how your players are shaking out before doing it.

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Here's my team.

Starters:
Qb- Freeman
Rb-foster
Rb- L. Miller
Rb/wr- J. Jones
Wr-Roddy White
Wr- Andre Johnson
TE- Vernon Davis
D- Broncos
K- Bullock

Bench:
Wr- A. Boldin
Wr- A. Roberts
Wr- B. Hartline
Rb- D. Thomas
Te- J. Cameron
Rb- m. Reece

Your QB is weak and I'm not sold on your RB's.  You have solid WR depth though.  Perhaps a trade of a WR or two for an upgrade at QB or RB is in order.  You may want to wait a week or two though to see how your players are shaking out before doing it.
Yeah, if passing tds count as six you should try to grab a qb. I might even use FAAB money to grab a back up qb for your bench, that way you have a better chance of at least one guy producing.

That being said I think now that Freeman has V-Jax as well as Mike Williams and the Muscle Hamster on his offense he is going to have a good bounce back year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Alright, I joined a Fantasy Football League, but I know nothing about pro football except for who Tom Brady and Gronk are. That's it. I'm in a 12 team standard CBS league. Can you guys take a look at my roster and let me know how good/bad it is, and what are the major weak points and strong points?

QB   Ryan, Matt
RB   Bush, Reggie

RB   Martin, Doug
WR   Austin, Tavon
WR   Gordon, Josh
WR   Thomas, Demaryius
TE   Witten, Jason
DST   Patriots
K   Gostkowski, Stephen

Bench (QB)  Roethlisberger, Ben
Bench (RB)    Ballard, Vick
Bench (RB)    Mathews, Ryan
Bench (WR) Randle, Rueben
Bench (TE)    Davis, Fred
pretty good squad overall.  Your bench is weak though and your WR's outside of Thomas could use some help.  You will also have the bye problem with your defense and kicker (i.e. same bye so you will either need to waive them or waive 2 bench players).

thanks Moranis, I appreciate your thoughts. In retrospect, regardless of my lack of knowledge of NFL players, I should have realized the bi-week conflict with the pats and the kicker. Oh well. Hopefully I can upgrade a WR or two.

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Alright, I joined a Fantasy Football League, but I know nothing about pro football except for who Tom Brady and Gronk are. That's it. I'm in a 12 team standard CBS league. Can you guys take a look at my roster and let me know how good/bad it is, and what are the major weak points and strong points?

QB   Ryan, Matt
RB   Bush, Reggie

RB   Martin, Doug
WR   Austin, Tavon
WR   Gordon, Josh
WR   Thomas, Demaryius
TE   Witten, Jason
DST   Patriots
K   Gostkowski, Stephen

Bench (QB)  Roethlisberger, Ben
Bench (RB)    Ballard, Vick
Bench (RB)    Mathews, Ryan
Bench (WR) Randle, Rueben
Bench (TE)    Davis, Fred
pretty good squad overall.  Your bench is weak though and your WR's outside of Thomas could use some help.  You will also have the bye problem with your defense and kicker (i.e. same bye so you will either need to waive them or waive 2 bench players).

thanks Moranis, I appreciate your thoughts. In retrospect, regardless of my lack of knowledge of NFL players, I should have realized the bi-week conflict with the pats and the kicker. Oh well. Hopefully I can upgrade a WR or two.
Yeah I try to avoid the same bye at the positions I only carry one player which is defense, kicker, and many times tight end.   Just makes it a bit difficult to fill the spots, though at kicker I usually just waive the guy I have and sign one that has already had his bye. If I have a stud QB I have often waived my backup after the studs bye so I can carry one more RB or WR, but in your case Ben probably has decent trade value so you may want to keep him till at least the trade deadline when other teams may have injuries or under performers.

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
well my office league I had by far the lowest score of the week and am the week 1 laughingstock.  Sucks.  At least Vereen got injured so the Patriots will have to use Ridley a lot more (at least I hope).  And since I'm not a Patriots fan, I can say things like that.

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 08:05:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I lost last week partly because Decker, Bowe, Richardson all dissapointed.

This week my question

Do I start

Russell wilson against SF or Carson Palmer against DET?  Im leaning Palmer since Arizona has no running game and I think Det can put up some points to make Arizona continue to pass

Also I need to start three out of

Andre Johnson (definite start)
Eric Decker against NYG
Dwayne Bowe against Dal
Kenbrel Thompkins against NYJ
Mike Williams against NO

Im thinking Johnson Decker and Bowe.  But with Amendola probably out im reconsidering thompkins.  He had 14 targets last week

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Scoring is 1 point per reception and bonuses for long TD's and at certain yard markers (100, 150, 200, etc.)

Two questions:

TE - Jermichael Finley or Julius Thomas

Flex - Torrey Smith, Kenbrell Thompkins, or Joique Bell

I'm leaning towards Finley (more proven and still had a solid week 1) and Thompkins (with Amendola and Vereen both out and given he had 14 targets in week 1, I think he should have a pretty solid game) but can certainly be persuaded off of either.

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 08:45:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I lost last week partly because Decker, Bowe, Richardson all dissapointed.

This week my question

Do I start

Russell wilson against SF or Carson Palmer against DET?  Im leaning Palmer since Arizona has no running game and I think Det can put up some points to make Arizona continue to pass

Also I need to start three out of

Andre Johnson (definite start)
Eric Decker against NYG
Dwayne Bowe against Dal
Kenbrel Thompkins against NYJ
Mike Williams against NO

Im thinking Johnson Decker and Bowe.  But with Amendola probably out im reconsidering thompkins.  He had 14 targets last week
I'd probably go Palmer and Johnson, Bowe, and Thompkins.  I think Denver will be a bit of a crap shoot from week to week and Decker was definitely the odd man out in week 1 so that is a bit more risky then the others.  If you want to go a bit safer I would probably go Williams over Thompkins, but as you can see from my question, I think Thompkins will have a big game but he could easily disappoint.

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Scoring is 1 point per reception and bonuses for long TD's and at certain yard markers (100, 150, 200, etc.)

Two questions:

I'm leaning towards Finley (more proven and still had a solid week 1) and Thompkins (with Amendola and Vereen both out and given he had 14 targets in week 1, I think he should have a pretty solid game) but can certainly be persuaded off of either.

I'd go Finley & Thompkins also.  Thompkins is already getting the looks & the offense will be even more depleted tomorrow night.  He'll get plenty of targets. 

I think the jury will be out on Thomas for a bit while you pretty much had a good idea what you'll get out of Finley. Safer play.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Two questions:

I'd go Finley & Thompkins also.  Thompkins is already getting the looks & the offense will be even more depleted tomorrow night.  He'll get plenty of targets. 

I think the jury will be out on Thomas for a bit while you pretty much had a good idea what you'll get out of Finley. Safer play.

Do we think Cromartie will be on edelman or thompkins?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Two questions:

Guessing Cromartie will be on Edelman while Milliner will be on Thompkins although I really think the bigger corner, Cromartie, should be the guy on Thompkins.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2013, 11:37:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Two questions:

Guessing Cromartie will be on Edelman while Milliner will be on Thompkins although I really think the bigger corner, Cromartie, should be the guy on Thompkins.

Ya, Either way im a little scared.  HE got really beat up by Mckelvin last week.  Cromartie might do a number on him.