Author Topic: NFL Fantasy Football 2013 Draft Discussion  (Read 65367 times)

Re: NFL Fantasy Football 2013 Draft Discussion
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Just made a trade, I sent Philip Rivers and Fred Jackson and got Michael Vick and Alfred Morris.

Good deal for you I think.

Yea I think the talent gap between Morris and Jackson is huge while Vick and Rivers are a wash for fantasy purposes.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Just made a trade, I sent Philip Rivers and Fred Jackson and got Michael Vick and Alfred Morris.

Good deal for you I think.

Yea I think the talent gap between Morris and Jackson is huge while Vick and Rivers are a wash for fantasy purposes.
depends on who is other QB is because it is almost a certain that Vick doesn't make the season
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Both my leagues I'm trying to get gronk.

One I'm one of the bottom teams offering Jordan Cameron and Boldin for Gronk and powell. Guy has the worst tight end in our league. I also had vernon davis and traded him for stevanjackson. Just trying for any upside at this point as its getting late in the season

Other league I'm 2nd with 2nd most points scored. Offering Antonio gates straight up for gronk.

Thoughts? Just hoping gronk comes back soon and think he will light it up. In my second place league 1st place guy is pretty stacked. Trying to figure a way to be able to beat him

« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2013, 10:57:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Just traded Greg Jennings and DeMarco Murray for Vincent Jackson and Trent Richardson.

Jackson joins Andre Johnson, A.J. Green, and Calvin Johnson as my receiving core. I must start 3.

Richardson joins Moreno, Sproles, Ridley, and Steven Jackson in my stable of RBs. I must start 2.

It's a PPR league that also figures in return yardage. I think I could probably drop Richardson for replacement K or DEF when my only guys are on bye week.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Just traded Greg Jennings and DeMarco Murray for Vincent Jackson and Trent Richardson.

Jackson joins Andre Johnson, A.J. Green, and Calvin Johnson as my receiving core. I must start 3.

Richardson joins Moreno, Sproles, Ridley, and Steven Jackson in my stable of RBs. I must start 2.

It's a PPR league that also figures in return yardage. I think I could probably drop Richardson for replacement K or DEF when my only guys are on bye week.
I probably don't make that trade.  You have 3 great WR's, I see no need to add another WR at the expense of a much better (though injured) RB.

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2013, 08:10:32 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

I probably don't make that trade.  You have 3 great WR's, I see no need to add another WR at the expense of a much better (though injured) RB.

I completely disagree. I think Lucky got a great deal.

Besides one good game, Jennings has been absolutely awful and I even dropped him this week since the Vikings QB situation is a mess. So to me, he has very little value if any at all.

So the deal looks to be Demarco "injury prone" Murray for a legit WR1 in Jackson and Richardson, who has underperformed but should at least be a decent bye-week fill in.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I completely disagree. I think Lucky got a great deal.

Besides one good game, Jennings has been absolutely awful and I even dropped him this week since the Vikings QB situation is a mess. So to me, he has very little value if any at all.

So the deal looks to be Demarco "injury prone" Murray for a legit WR1 in Jackson and Richardson, who has underperformed but should at least be a decent bye-week fill in.
but he can only start 3 wr's and he has three great ones already, while his rb's aren'tgood

« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2013, 02:56:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Just successfully beat my wife's team for the 3rd time this season to advance in the playoffs.

Come what may in the next two weeks, this season's been a rousing success  :D

« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Just successfully beat my wife's team for the 3rd time this season to advance in the playoffs.

I just got rid of our pull-out couch, FWF. Sorry, man.

That Jennings deal: haven't looked back at all this season. Moreno has been killing it recently, and Sproles has been playing well for me as well.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2013, 03:15:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I just got rid of our pull-out couch, FWF. Sorry, man.

Hahaha.  Her reaction's tempered by the fact that neither one of us cares much about football once basketball season starts. 

And while it's never come up, I've never really gotten the notion that if we own the house equally and she wants to sleep apart, I'm the one who's obligated to move.  Forget that noise.

« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'm in playoffs semi fianls against the best team in league who hasn't lost and routinely puts up 150 points. Ppr league, 6 points for all tds, point per 10 receiving and rushing, point per 25 passing.

Trying to figure out who to start and whether I should take a risk due to the team I'm playing.

RG3 or Andy Dalton - I'm leaning toward Dalton

I have one questionable rb slot to fill with either Steven Jackson, Toby Gerhart, Green ellis, or Chris Ogbonnaya. Leaning toward Jackson

I have 3 wr slots (one is rb/wr flex but I have better receivers) I usually have aj green, victor Cruz and vincent jackson. Cruz has been a pretty big bust but I'm reluctant to take him out. Ihave Brian Hartline and Crabtree on the bench.

So what I have been going with the past couple games is Dalton and Jackson amd pretty much the whole year with those same receivers.

I was thinking of swapping either jackson or cruz or both with Gerhart amd Hartline. I know it sounds ridicous pro. But just want some thoughts. Consider the mstchups as well such as Hartline vs patriots and Cruz vs seahawks.

Thanks for an thoughts!