Author Topic: Who do we grab at 25?  (Read 15081 times)

Re: Who do we grab at 25?
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2023, 11:29:41 PM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6

« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2023, 11:33:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No one , we keep trading back for second rounders.    I stayed up to watch this horsecrap.

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2023, 11:46:21 PM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
It's James Nnaji
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGNm_Ws6Y8

Ooops.. Sorry read it later that pick#31 was trade to Hornets for Pick #34 & #39.. then @34 was traded to Sacramento for @38 plus future 2nd,

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2023, 07:20:01 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
According to Jeremy Woo, the Celtics were originally targeting, Olivier-Maxence Prosper with the 25th pick. Because Dallas selected him at 24, they traded back.

Apparently the only reason Dallas was able to get the 24th pick from Sacramento, was because Portland selected the Sacramento’s target, Kris Murray, one selection earlier.

I guess it wasn’t the Celtics night.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2023, 07:22:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
According to Jeremy Woo, the Celtics were after Canadian, Olivier-Maxence Prosper with the 25th pick. Because Dallas selected him at 24, they traded back.

Apparently with even more bad luck for the Celtics was that the only reason Dallas was able to trade for the 24th pick with Sacramento was because Portland selected their target, Kris Murray, one selection earlier.

How does Jeremy Woo know this? His speculation?

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2023, 07:26:15 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
According to Jeremy Woo, the Celtics were after Canadian, Olivier-Maxence Prosper with the 25th pick. Because Dallas selected him at 24, they traded back.

Apparently with even more bad luck for the Celtics was that the only reason Dallas was able to trade for the 24th pick with Sacramento was because Portland selected their target, Kris Murray, one selection earlier.

Jeremy Woo is one of ESPN’s draft experts along with Jonathan Givony.  It’s not impossible he has connections.  Agents call teams all the time to figure out where their clients are going, and such info definitely could have come via agents.

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2023, 07:57:25 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
According to Jeremy Woo, the Celtics were originally targeting, Olivier-Maxence Prosper with the 25th pick. Because Dallas selected him at 24, they traded back.

Apparently the only reason Dallas was able to get the 24th pick from Sacramento, was because Portland selected the Sacramento’s target, Kris Murray, one selection earlier.

I guess it wasn’t the Celtics night.

Interesting. I’ve warmed up to the Jordan Walsh pick though. After seeing his highlights, I’m really excited to see what he brings to summer league. His defensive instincts are amazing.

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2023, 08:53:44 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

Jeremy Woo is one of ESPN’s draft experts along with Jonathan Givony.  It’s not impossible he has connections.  Agents call teams all the time to figure out where their clients are going, and such info definitely could have come via agents.

His exact quote was (when talking about Dallas and why they made the trades they did):

"Also, my understanding was that I think, um, I think Boston was kinda after O-Max at 25, so it worked out, for Dallas. I think it was good work."

So, at first it sounds like it was based on some intel, before he changed it to "I think" which makes it seem more like an educated guess. I wanted O-Max, when the Mavs took him I had flashbacks to Herro going at 13. I'm OK with Walsh, but he's a year and a half younger and probably needs more developmental time.