Author Topic: Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz  (Read 12700 times)

Re: Interesting call from Celtics 'insider' on Felger & Mazz
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
Man I love bradley, but echoing others statements, if we are basically giving up bradley for love, and can still wheel and deal with other assets, let's do it. Get love, move crowder and the 3 for butler (and a few other assets) and we are good to go. Or add love and draft a player and watch the team grow. The options are endless.
#JKJB

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 09:22:16 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
You get Love and you keep the #3? All you really give up of value is Bradley?

Good grief, where do I sign?

Good to know that this random, likely unreliable anamous source doesn't think Ainge hasn't gone totally daft on likes Bender, as this board has.

FTFY

Also, if it sounds too good to be true (like this deal) and the source is totally unknown and anonymous, it's probably not reliable.  I just can't see Cleveland going for this deal, especially if the win game 7
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 09:35:40 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Good to know Ainge hasn't gone totally daft on Bender, as this board has.

Yeah, kevin love the guy who can't get a sniff in the finals, a matador on defense, the missing link to a championship team. Do you even watch the games?

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 09:35:48 AM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
Even as a Cavalier, though, it'd be hard to hate and root against AB. He's such a good, hard-working guy.

I agree. I don't care where the guy goes, I'm always going to be rooting for him. This will be my lasting memory of him, no matter where he is:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82210.msg2008404#msg2008404

Mike

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I wonder if Butler AND Love would be in play.  That would be interesting.

AB, KO, and 2nd round pick for Love.

#3 pick and other assets for Butler.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
FWIW, Bender's dropped to #7 DEN in the latest DraftExpress mock dovetailing with the info in this call.

As for the caller, P>99% that it's BS or as they say at CBlog, there's a chance... If so, I'm taking that Love deal.

That could change with the workouts. Out of sight out of mind.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wonder if this insider is the infamous Deli Guy or someone different?

Can't say I'd be enamored with the idea of sending Bradley to one of our biggest conference rivals, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:52 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Wonder if this insider is the infamous Deli Guy or someone different?

Can't say I'd be enamored with the idea of sending Bradley to one of our biggest conference rivals, though.

My bet is on Crotor - he was always super-specific ;0)

But in reality, this all sounds about right. If we are dealing Bradley, Dunn seems like the super-obvious choice, though (not that he wasn't before). Butler is certainly still a possibility, although Crowder or Smart would likely be going out in that deal  with the #3 and that hurts a lot.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 10:03:16 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Provided Love's health, I like trading AB for him. I think Love would thrive under Stevens as one of the focal points of our offense (instead of the ancillary piece he is on the Cavs) and he could replace the rebounding we will lose when Sullinger leaves. I'm a big Olynyk fan, but I think he is going to get paid after next season so I'm ok dealing him.

If we deal for Butler I think AB is the player that makes the most sense.

Chriss scares the crap out of me. I'm happy Ainge is calling everyone about that pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Yeah, kevin love the guy who can't get a sniff in the finals, a matador on defense, the missing link to a championship team. Do you even watch the games?

All of them.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 10:17:17 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

All of them.
Id do AB for Love, but surely it concerns you to notice that in the Cavs 3 wins love has scored 9 points and recorded 6 rebounds with 7 fouls and 3 turnovers.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
Provided Love's health, I like trading AB for him. I think Love would thrive under Stevens as one of the focal points of our offense (instead of the ancillary piece he is on the Cavs) and he could replace the rebounding we will lose when Sullinger leaves. I'm a big Olynyk fan, but I think he is going to get paid after next season so I'm ok dealing him.

If we deal for Butler I think AB is the player that makes the most sense.

Chriss scares the crap out of me. I'm happy Ainge is calling everyone about that pick.

I basically agree, although trading Olynyk puts a smile on my face. Too soft, and I don't want to pay him to be soft. Bradley is a fine defender, but he's injury prone and I wonder if he is at his ceiling now. I'm OK with trading him.

Chriss is a great athlete. I just don't see a lot of basketball player in him, so he scares me as well. I'm for moving the pick, or for drafting Dunn and dealing from the guard surplus for more scoring help.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 10:21:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He claims that he " is friends with scouts who know agents and I(he) gets tweets from time to time from them."
Translation: I added some dudes on twitter and spam them to death with stuff they don't care about.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Anyone catch Felger & Mazz today? It was pretty interesting.
People are talking about it on RealGM and I'm reposting 'celtixman''s summary because it's good.
Take it with a grain of salt, but good conversational info....

There was a caller today "Barry from New Bedford" on "Felger and Mazz" who called in with some interesting information. He claims that he " is friends with scouts who know agents and I(he) gets tweets from time to time from them."
In listening to him he seemed very credible and had very specific information - it was at about 1:40 into the show:

1.) The Celtics would be looking to package Bradley, Olynyk and a second round pick for Love. The Cavs are more interested in AB than they would be in Crowder.

2.) Butler could also be involved in an AB trade but for more assets

3.) Ainge as disappointed at what he saw in Bender when he saw him overseas

4.) Ainge has shopped the #3 pick to about 10 teams and he (the caller) heard about seven proposals.

5.) The Celtics want to trade the pick but if they don't the name he heard they are interested in is Marquise Criss.

Very interesting and specific information

Interesting stuff. Certainly looks like Love may be on the way out, and would come a lot cheaper than Butler. He's also a big, and that's where they need an upgrade. Probably more like the Minnesota player in Boston than in Cleveland. He could be their go to scorer, and take some pressure off IT.

If Ainge really doesn't like Bender, I think the chances of a #3 trade are greater than 50/50. The prospect they could get Love without giving up the #3 suggests another trade, as well. I wonder if the Okafor deal will fall, considering Dunn is in the right draft position for a deal. Love and Okafor would give them a lot of offense up front, but they may still need some D there.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 10:28:47 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

All of them.
Id do AB for Love, but surely it concerns you to notice that in the Cavs 3 wins love has scored 9 points and recorded 6 rebounds with 7 fouls and 3 turnovers.

Not really. Kevin Love has never been a fit in Cleveland, and fit matters. Players don't automatically mix well with other players and systems. Rondo didn't fit with what Stevens wanted to do, for one example.

Love and LeBron don't mix. I strongly suspect he'll play much better, wherever he goes.