Author Topic: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW (rumor/offer)  (Read 40525 times)

Re: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW (rumor/offer)
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2014, 03:13:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yeah, don't buy that rumor. Don't see why Wolves would include a lotto pick WITH Love. Now if it was a late first, I'd understand.  ;) (My DKC peeps now what I'm talking about)
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Wait.

They're giving up the best player in the deal AND a lottery pick.

???
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Klay Thompson's Dad says Love to GSW
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2014, 03:14:55 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
@Chris_Broussard  58s
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

Twolves would be giving up a #1, along with Love?

Are we sure that David Kahn isn't just wearing a Flip Saunders' mask?
Oh man, if the Wolves send Love + a lottery pick out I will just laugh my ass off. Terrible short sighted sort of move.

I mentioned this earlier.... Warriors were scouting those players in that range for a reason. Klay replacements. Staukas would be nice with curry love and iggy.

Barnes lee Thompson for love and 13 (minny drafts for GS). With filler and future GS picks involved.

I really don't think Minnesota wants to do business with Boston. All this "Boston has the best offer" talk was put out there to get GS to put klay on the table.

Saunders is also coaching and wants a win now team.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Al, GreenWarrior:
You guys don't have players that you enjoy rooting against? I don't believe that at all.

It's no different than someone saying they wouldn't want LeBron or Kobe (in his prime) on the Celtics -- except that Kevin Love is worse than both of those players.

This makes zero sense.

I don't understand the outrage in a really good player like Love wanting to leave one of the arm pits of the NBA in the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Are you a Timberwolves fan?

Nope, not a Wolves fan at all. And I don't begrudge Kevin Love leaving them -- their team is awful. I just don't want him in green.

I read that sentiment: "I just don't want PLAYER X in Celtic Green! He's NOT A CELTIC, blah blah blah" all the time. Why is it suddenly so controversial when its pointed at Kevin Love?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but my feeling has always been that if a player is talented and can produce on the court, then get him here by any means necessary.

I don't agree with this happy horse you know what of a guy needing to be a "good clubhouse or locker room" guy in order for him to be Boston material.

But, to each his own I guess.

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
@Chris_Broussard  58s
Sources: Twolves & Warriors discussing Possible trade: KLove, KMartin, JJBarea, 13th pick for Klay Thompson and David Lee

Looks like a good deal for both sides. Wolves need to get rid of martin and this is the perfect way

Not if they give up the #13 pick. That's just dumb.
this is all I needed to read = LEVERAGE

Leverage for what?

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Yeah, don't buy that rumor. Don't see why Wolves would include a lotto pick WITH Love. Now if it was a late first, I'd understand.  ;) (My DKC peeps now what I'm talking about)

Lol. TP.

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wait.

???

Do you think love is worth thompson and lee alone??

Lee is a pretty good pf.

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
@Chris_Broussard  58s

Oh man, if the Wolves send Love + a lottery pick out I will just laugh my ass off. Terrible short sighted sort of move.

I mentioned this earlier.... Warriors were scouting those players in that range for a reason. Klay replacements. Staukas would be nice with curry love and iggy.

Barnes lee Thompson for love and 13 (minny drafts for GS). With filler and future GS picks involved.

I really don't think Minnesota wants to do business with Boston. All this "Boston has the best offer" talk was put out there to get GS to put klay on the table.

This is terribly short sighted, especially if the Wolves miss the playoffs again.

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wait.

???
They're the Wolves!

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
@Chris_Broussard  58s

but but
they are giving up the best player in the deal for a lesser power forward, a very good backup pg, their 2 best distance shooters, a draft pick that should produce right away for play thompson
if i'm brewer i'm looking for a new team

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2014, 03:18:24 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
@Chris_Broussard  58s

But they won't even be getting Barnes back in the deal. I'm flabbergasted at how much this proposed deal is GSW's favor.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qgxw9hu

Here's the trade. Minny gets a trade exception.

« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
What are we supposed to do
After all that we've been through
When everything that felt so right is wrong
Now that the Love is gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8y3K0dr0HM

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
@Chris_Broussard  58s

But they won't even be getting Barnes back in the deal. I'm flabbergasted at how much this proposed deal is GSW's favor.

Do you think the report is fake or exaggerated?

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:34 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Two things here. 1. Warriors will probably give up more than is being talked about usually always works that way. 2. I think this may be just a ploy to get Danny to make a stronger offer. Way to many outlets out of nowhere saying that Klay is involved now when just a short 15 hours ago he wasn't soo its interesting.