Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13333 times)

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2018, 11:06:45 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Nerves are starting to set in...

Mine are out of control- cannot even get a buzz to sleep!!

« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2018, 11:13:33 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
The whole LeBron + nobodies thing is a joke. Players become nobodies when LeBron dominates everything in the game, but these aren't scrubs on the roster.

Love = perennial All-Star
Korver = top flight role player (and 1x All-Star)
Hill = good shooting starting PG for years
TT = solid role player center
Hood = starting SG from another playoff team
Clarkson = top 6th man contender
Green = long term veteran starter
JR Smith = top 6th man contender
Nance = one of the better backup bigs the past few years

That's 9 guys around him that have made significant contributions to their teams for years. Not a D-Leaguer in the bunch.

Meanwhile, we've been forced to start a 2nd round rookie to guard Giannis this playoffs.

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2018, 11:31:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Although the Cavs actually played better after Love left the game yesterday I think that is a false positive. I don't expect Green to play that well in the Garden and Nance we just need to box him out. We can't let Korver get any open shots - we need to crowd him. But with Love out it is only a positive in my eyes because they have nobody else that can do what he does. It will be interesting on who the Cavs start and who Brad starts as well.

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
The whole LeBron + nobodies thing is a joke. Players become nobodies when LeBron dominates everything in the game, but these aren't scrubs on the roster.

Love = perennial All-Star
Korver = top flight role player (and 1x All-Star)
Hill = good shooting starting PG for years
TT = solid role player center
Hood = starting SG from another playoff team
Clarkson = top 6th man contender
Green = long term veteran starter
JR Smith = top 6th man contender
Nance = one of the better backup bigs the past few years

That's 9 guys around him that have made significant contributions to their teams for years. Not a D-Leaguer in the bunch.

Meanwhile, we've been forced to start a 2nd round rookie to guard Giannis this playoffs.
TP. That's a great point. Those guys are legit NBA players. I think what is true, however, is that the Cavs rely a lot on guys that are not good defenders. Love and Korver are key to the Cavs offense, and both are vulnerable on defense. With Love out, the Cavs defense should be better, but they have less shooting to surround Lebron with. They may need to play Korver a lot more, or else hope that Green has another big night.

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2018, 09:20:18 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
Although the Cavs actually played better after Love left the game yesterday I think that is a false positive. I don't expect Green to play that well in the Garden and Nance we just need to box him out. We can't let Korver get any open shots - we need to crowd him. But with Love out it is only a positive in my eyes because they have nobody else that can do what he does. It will be interesting on who the Cavs start and who Brad starts as well.
It's also true that having Love out completely changes the way the Cavs rotation works, and the Celts weren't quite ready to deal with that. Now they should be ready for Nance and Green.

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2018, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
all this means    Lebron scores 60 points ....his normal 30 Plus Loves 30 = 60

is achance to make a Lebron a super hero ,  plays 50 mi utes in a overtime victory to beat the Celtics.

All because players today are scard to knock him down a few times .
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:29:44 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
According to the media James is now 8 feet tall and shoots lightning bolts out of his arse

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah it's like right after the deadline when CLE made all those trades, then blew us out like a day or two later at home. We just didn't know how much their new guys would play that game and what role they'd have, and even CBS looked stumped (not like he had game film of them with the Cavaliers yet or anything). CBS will definitely be working on putting together a plan and making adjustments for tonight.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Yeah it's like right after the deadline when CLE made all those trades, then blew us out like a day or two later at home. We just didn't know how much their new guys would play that game and what role they'd have, and even CBS looked stumped (not like he had game film of them with the Cavaliers yet or anything). CBS will definitely be working on putting together a plan and making adjustments for tonight.

I have seen love kill Boston in Boston several times. I have never seen green do that...unless it was when he was a Celtic

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2018, 11:13:10 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Didn't they play better without Love?
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
Yes, but that may not be sustainable. Green especially played well in game 6, but the Celts will be more ready for him in game 7. The Celts lost because they turned the ball over too much and did not rebound well enough. If they can do that, they should win.

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Love is averaging 18 and 10 in Boston in this series. Not sure how anyone can say losing him is not a big deal.

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2018, 11:29:44 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

Love is averaging 18 and 10 in Boston in this series. Not sure how anyone can say losing him is not a big deal.

yeah, Kevin love is an all-star. Kind of ridiculous for people to say Jeff Green is better.

The whole way this series has gone is that the role-players play lights out at home and struggle on the road. That is for both teams. Without love, not only does Lebron have to score 40+ but he also needs those role-players to step up on the road.

Not sure I trust sleepy jeff green to go off in boston. Do people remember when he was on this team?

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2018, 11:35:54 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
It is a big deal for sure and should help Big Al and Baynes to do more damage.

Anyone who thinks Jeff Green is Better then Love definitely needs to get their eyes examined.

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Did people forget that Jeff Green absolutely stinks? He has one good game out of every 7. This is a big advantage for the C's.
Jeff Green is a bad basketball player, you're 100% correct lol. If he actually shows up in G7, shake the man's hand because it'll be the first time he showed up when it truly mattered.

TP. Couldn't agree more.