Author Topic: Ever notice major players that sign/play with Doc get injured and/or traded  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Going back to Grant Hill? Blake Griffin is just the latest.

No really. Take a look.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If you are right then FAs should stay away from the Clippers because the Clippers already had their injury bug going before Doc joined them.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Didn't JJ Redick get hurt right after he signed with the Clippers? I think their first rounder is hurt right now too (but was already hurt before the draft).  Idk. I don't want to say the wrong thing and hurt anyone's feelings or anything.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jared Dudley claimed Doc wanted him to play through his knee injury, so it wouldn't be surprising if guys were initially playing through relatively minor injuries and the wear and tear led to bigger injuries.

EDIT: Here's the interview. Some interesting bits about the LAC training staff too: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12316338/jared-dudley-milwaukee-bucks-says-played-knee-fracture-last-year-los-angeles-clippers
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
is it just me or him and Thibs are more or less the same coach. Type that relies on his best player/veterans too much and runs his team to the ground. It really seems both their teams somewhat runs out of gas towards the end of the season?

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
is it just me or him and Thibs are more or less the same coach. Type that relies on his best player/veterans too much and runs his team to the ground. It really seems both their teams somewhat runs out of gas towards the end of the season?

Eh. I think Thibs is a better developer of young talent. I don't believe he gets enough credit for his work with Rose, Noah, Taj Gibson, and Jimmy Butler. You can put Thibs on a team like the T'Wolves and watch the process, but I would be super concerned if Doc got that job.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Aside from Thibs being completely inept on offense, lol ;D, I agree.  It's like they're both 21st century version of KC Jones.  Ugh.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
These are interesting theories but in some cases some of these guys get hurt even before they play much like JJ Redick, and Grant Hill.

And didn't Rasheed Wallace only play like 24 games for us?

And I forgot about Jermaine O Neal playing 24 and 25 games for us and then the next two years playing 55 and 44

Then there was Shaq playing 35 when he had played 53 the year before

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Eh. I think Thibs is a better developer of young talent. I don't believe he gets enough credit for his work with Rose, Noah, Taj Gibson, and Jimmy Butler. You can put Thibs on a team like the T'Wolves and watch the process, but I would be super concerned if Doc got that job.

mark me as excited to watch the Wolves. I want to see how that turns out

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
These are interesting theories but in some cases some of these guys get hurt even before they play much like JJ Redick, and Grant Hill.

And I forgot about Jermaine O Neal playing 24 and 25 games for us and then the next two years playing 55 and 44

Lol, not even close.  Sheed played 79 games for us in 09-10, although he did come into camp out of shape, iirc.  I think it was one of those, "I'll use the season to get in shape," ::) type of things, which is very dangerous, imo.  Doc still had no idea how to use him, though, which was mind boggling, to say the least, and I wasn't surprised that Wallace put up much better 36 minutes numbers in 12-13, despite having been retired for two years, lol ;D, than he did for us.  You could just see it in his play when he was a Knick.  He got on the offensive boards and played far more effectively because the Knicks got his head in the game by recognizing that he had a mismatch just about every time he was on the floor, imo, as opposed to just ignoring him out there and having him play Doc's pick and roll crap, all game.  In the finals in 2010, for example, Sheed was often guarded by Odom, who was smaller and never a shot blocker, yet the Celtics just had him taking threes and doing the pick and roll crap when all they needed to go was feed him the ball against Odom on the block as soon as he checked in.  Ugh.  As Red once said, I believe, keep it simple.  Here are Sheed's Knicks highlights, along with a few from Marcus Camby, as well, btw -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMlqAgiYLvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2BvmdqsUv0

Sigh.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Lol, not even close.  Sheed played 79 games for us in 09-10, although he did come into camp out of shape, iirc.  I think it was one of those, "I'll use the season to get in shape," ::) type of things, which is very dangerous, imo.  Doc still had no idea how to use him, though, which was mind boggling, to say the least, and I wasn't surprised that Wallace put up much better 36 minutes numbers in 12-13, despite having been retired for two years, lol ;D, than he did for us.  You could just see it in his play when he was a Knick.  He got on the offensive boards and played far more effectively because the Knicks got his head in the game by recognizing that he had a mismatch just about every time he was on the floor, imo, as opposed to just ignoring him out there and having him play Doc's pick and roll crap, all game.  In the finals in 2010, for example, Sheed was often guarded by Odom, who was smaller and never a shot blocker, yet the Celtics just had him taking threes and doing the pick and roll crap when all they needed to go was feed him the ball against Odom on the block as soon as he checked in.  Ugh.  As Red once said, I believe, keep it simple.  Here are Sheed's Knicks highlights, along with a few from Marcus Camby, as well, btw -

Sigh.
Turns out he played 24 playoff games for us. Not regular season. You were right and I was wrong.

Hear that? Wouldn't want to start a trend with that sentence right there. But you were right and I was wrong.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Sigh.
Turns out he played 24 playoff games for us. Not regular season. You were right and I was wrong.

Hear that? Wouldn't want to start a trend with that sentence right there. But you were right and I was wrong.

Lol, I wasn't sure if you were referring to the playoffs, or not, although I'm sure that you could make the argument that those were the only games that he actually played for us ;) ::) ;D. Ugh.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
anyone that knew Rasheed's game was aware that he thrives on the blocks.

So what do you think is Rasheed a HOF player?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Sigh.

Lol, I wasn't sure if you were referring to the playoffs, or not, although I'm sure that you could make the argument that those were the only games that he actually played for us ;) ::) ;D. Ugh.
Well he only "played" about three quarters of the season for us in that game 7. The rest of the time he just jacked up bad threes and collected a check. But he suited up in 79 games and the 24 playoff games or some such thing.