Author Topic: Who do you think the Celtics will/ should pick?  (Read 8648 times)

Re: Who do you think the Celtics will/ should pick?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
If they don't trade the pick, my first option would be drafting Mirotic. He's got ice in his veins, and is still developing his game around the basket. If not, Bertans would be nice. Both kids will stay in Europe for 2-3 years, so they won't affect the cap, and they could be potential All-Stars.

If they choose players to sign this summer, I'd like Jeremy Tyler, Vucevic, JaJuan Johnson and Kyle Singler. If Gordon Hayward can play, Singler who almost shut him down in the Championship game and has always given Coach K what the team needed, could be a nice role player. At #25 you can't ask for much more.

Maybe Tyler, Johnson, and Butler will be available in the 2nd round, and probably Keith Benson will be, too.

Last year's draft was a bit of a disapointment, so I don't know what to expect.

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
If they don't trade the pick, my first option would be drafting Mirotic. He's got ice in his veins, and is still developing his game around the basket. If not, Bertans would be nice. Both kids will stay in Europe for 2-3 years, so they won't affect the cap, and they could be potential All-Stars.

If they choose players to sign this summer, I'd like Jeremy Tyler, Vucevic, JaJuan Johnson and Kyle Singler. If Gordon Hayward can play, Singler who almost shut him down in the Championship game and has always given Coach K what the team needed, could be a nice role player. At #25 you can't ask for much more.

Maybe Tyler, Johnson, and Butler will be available in the 2nd round, and probably Keith Benson will be, too.

I have a hard time calling last year's draft of Bradley and Gody a disappointment when they produced as much or better than the people picked after them. Vasquez and Fields had a better season than Bradley, that's about it.

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
JJ; Jajuan Johnson

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

I have a hard time calling last year's draft of Bradley and Gody a disappointment when they produced as much or better than the people picked after them. Vasquez and Fields had a better season than Bradley, that's about it.

Nothing against Bradley or Gody... I was higher on James Anderson, who hasn't played either, and I wanted Danny to buy a pick to grab Hassan Whiteside. About Gody, I expected them to pick Stanley Robinson. My disappointment wasn't based on the results, but on the expectations, but the best rookie last year was Semih, who I didn't expected to be that good.

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'd like to see them jump ahead of Portland and grab Kenneth Faried.

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Who they should pick:  Nikola Vucevic/Kenneth Faried/Jeremy Tyler

Who they will pick: Reggie Jackson/Tyler Honeycutt

I so hope I'm wrong on this.

I doubt any of the guys they "should" pick will be there at 25. Sadly.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2011, 06:36:24 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Faried...exactly what this team needs