Author Topic: Trade Idea - Love to Sixers  (Read 2999 times)

Trade Idea - Love to Sixers
« on: November 10, 2018, 08:35:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Love can be traded on January 23rd.  Assuming he is healthy at some point before the trade deadline, I think the Cavs will move him.  Looking around the league, the team that makes a lot of sense for Love is the Sixers.  He would be a great fit between Embiid and Butler.

So here is the trade idea

Love, Korver

for

Fultz, Patton, Korkmaz, Chandler

Cavs get to fully rebuild and get to take a flyer on Fultz and 2 younger players in Patton and Korkmaz.

Sixers end up significantly strengthening their starting lineup and shooting.  Post trade the Sixers would then be Embiid, Love, Butler, Redick, Simmons with McConnell, Korver, Muscala, Shamet (and would add Smith next year). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Trade Idea - Love to Sixers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 08:49:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think the Sixers are better off without K-Love. Love is a terrible defender and he won't get many shots / touches with Embiid, Jimmy Butler and Ben Simmons all getting theirs first. Slow footed stagnant player on offense too (in transition and in halfcourt).

Philly is better off without Love.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:49:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I wouldn't do that trade if I'm the Sixers.  Love and Redick in the starting lineup would kill their defense. 

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Love can be traded on January 23rd.  Assuming he is healthy at some point before the trade deadline, I think the Cavs will move him.  Looking around the league, the team that makes a lot of sense for Love is the Sixers.  He would be a great fit between Embiid and Butler.

So here is the trade idea

Love, Korver

for

Fultz, Patton, Korkmaz, Chandler

Cavs get to fully rebuild and get to take a flyer on Fultz and 2 younger players in Patton and Korkmaz.

Sixers end up significantly strengthening their starting lineup and shooting.  Post trade the Sixers would then be Embiid, Love, Butler, Redick, Simmons with McConnell, Korver, Muscala, Shamet (and would add Smith next year).

Why do you come up with trade ideas on Celticsstrong that makes our competitor better and doesn’t involve the Celtics?  Shouldn’t you do that on Liberty Ballers? I know you have the right to propose any trade you want, but as soon as I read the title, I knew it was your idea. Not saying it’s a bad idea.  I just don’t understand your motivations on a site the common denominator of which is being a fan of the Celtics.
Questioning another poster's fanhood is against the rules. Please do not do it again.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:19:56 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 09:52:54 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
That's a good trade. I think the Cavs know they probably can't get much for Love at this point. For the Sixers, it gives them another shooter and intelligent player with playoff experience.

Long-term, I don't like the Sexton-Fultz backcourt, but it's good value in the immediate. Maybe one could get flipped later on.

In fairness, they get a one-year rental on Patton. He then becomes an UFA. Same with Korkmaz. Still, not a bad trade.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I wouldn't do that trade if I'm the Sixers.  Love and Redick in the starting lineup would kill their defense.
Maybe, maybe not, but it would make their offense significantly better and frankly they aren't defending all that well right now anyway.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 11:39:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Simmons does not like KAT and feels he is soft, how do folks think he will like passive Simmons and broken Fultz, this deal will cause problems for Philly mark my words.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 12:36:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Simmons does not like KAT and feels he is soft, how do folks think he will like passive Simmons and broken Fultz, this deal will cause problems for Philly mark my words.
Do you mean Butler?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 05:46:03 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Maybe, maybe not, but it would make their offense significantly better and frankly they aren't defending all that well right now anyway.
So you propose a trade to ensure that their defensive doesn't get better.  Coach Brown is all about defense, pace and space.  Love only fits only one of those criteria.  The Sixers are trying to compete for championships which requires solid defense.  They'd easily get bounced in the 2nd round again with Love and Redick in the starting lineup. 

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 06:33:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Don't like this deal for either team really. The only pieces Cleveland would like are Korkmaz and Fultz, and Fultz's value is still pretty low, particularly for a team that just picked a guard in the top 10.

For Philly it makes them really quite a porous defensive team, as they would have one wing defender in Butler (basically one wing at all), and two really quite poor defenders starting in Redick and Love. Goes against what Brown is all for, seemingly

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 07:10:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Do you mean Butler?

Yes, sorry

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 07:25:32 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
If I was a Cavs fan I would be p---ed. I think they can get more than zero for Love. Yes...all those players coming from the Sixers are worth ZERO.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 07:38:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
So you propose a trade to ensure that their defensive doesn't get better.  Coach Brown is all about defense, pace and space.  Love only fits only one of those criteria.  The Sixers are trying to compete for championships which requires solid defense.  They'd easily get bounced in the 2nd round again with Love and Redick in the starting lineup.
The Cavs didn't have any issue winning a title with Love's defense and they had Irving and Smith starting with him (and it isn't like Thompson is a great defender and James had already started his defensive decline).  I think the defense argument is vastly overblown.  If the Sixers win a title it will be because of their offense and the match-up problems a monster like Embiid is in the post and a gigantic point guard like Simmons causes (along with Butler's defense on the opposing great wings like James, Leonard, etc.).  But in order for that to really work, they need the floor spacing that Love and Redick provide.  Offense quite simply is far more important to winning basketball then defense in the modern game.  You have to be able to hit 3 point shots or you aren't going to play effective winning basketball in the postseason. 

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 07:52:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most

I am not a fan of either of these teams being a Celtics Fan and want to see them both not do well.

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 07:53:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
The Cavs didn't have any issue winning a title with Love's defense and they had Irving and Smith starting with him (and it isn't like Thompson is a great defender and James had already started his defensive decline).  I think the defense argument is vastly overblown. 
This just doesn't make sense. LeBron (particularly Finals LeBron) is offensively miles ahead of Embiid, Simmons and Butler, and Kyrie is about the same offensive threat Joel is. There is just no comparison