Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 200320 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Rumblings out there more and more that Leonard could choose the Lakers and team up with Davis and Lebron.....that would be game over for many years if Leonard and Davis were a duo with aging Lebron as their last musketeer. That would make me sick. I guess Davis would need to waive his trade kicker to help make it happen. That would be the best GM job in a long time if they pull that off. From crap to title in one year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842657-lakers-rumors-latest-buzz-on-pursuit-of-dangelo-russell-kawhi-leonard-

« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2019, 11:42:38 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Woj and Lowe free agency special tonight on espn 2

I have a men’s league game—anyone who sees something about the Celtics, please post!

Will do

The only new thing they talked about is the Houston/Philly situation with Jimmy Butler.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:56 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Celtics now at the front of the line for Kemba.

https://985thesportshub.com/2019/06/26/kemba-walker-nba-free-agency-celtics-front-line/

I know yesterday I was against this signing, but if Danny can also find a way to replace Horfords defense I’ll be on board.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2019, 11:52:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rumblings out there more and more that Leonard could choose the Lakers and team up with Davis and Lebron.....that would be game over for many years if Leonard and Davis were a duo with aging Lebron as their last musketeer. That would make me sick. I guess Davis would need to waive his trade kicker to help make it happen. That would be the best GM job in a long time if they pull that off. From crap to title in one year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2842657-lakers-rumors-latest-buzz-on-pursuit-of-dangelo-russell-kawhi-leonard-
I think this is just smoke being blown up everyone's butts by the Lakers' front office about Kawhi. They won't have the cap space for a max offer to him and I have seen nothing about Kawhi being willing to take a discount or wanting LAL, just LAC or Toronto at max money.

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2019, 11:53:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Lakers will have 21 banners if Kawhi lands there.

I rather he stay long term with Toronto and we compete against them every year. That is, if Ainge upgrades the roster.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

i know on CS folks sometimes take the worst imaginable scenario as the most probable scenario. but they do not always overlap.

first, assuming Kawhi is only signing for the max, Kawhi joining the Lakers requires Davis to turn down his $4m trade kicker AND requires the Lakers to talk the Hawks and Pels into delaying the Pels-Lakers-Hawks trade until the end of the month.

but, the Pels have every incentive to make the Lakers suffer. both to improve the draft picks they got from LA for AD and to repay the Lakers for hurting the Pels season chemistry. they gain nothing by moving the date for the trade.

without all of these, the Lakers don't have cap room for Kawhi. so, this seems to be an unlikely scenario to me.

second, while anything is certainly possible, not everything is probable. I would be surprised if Kawhi did an about face and went to play with LeBron. From what i read, and it is limited, Kawhi doesn't seem like the type of person who wants to put up with the disfunctional atmosphere around James and the Lakers head office.

I think Kawhi likes and is serious about being the best player on his team. he would have to defer to James and Davis on a nightly basis in LA.

so, i find the situation there not ideal for him. and, i think he won't sign for millions upon millions of dollars less than the max to enter such a situation.

but then, i thought bender would be very good nba player too.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

I think this is just smoke being blown up everyone's butts by the Lakers' front office about Kawhi. They won't have the cap space for a max offer to him and I have seen nothing about Kawhi being willing to take a discount or wanting LAL, just LAC or Toronto at max money.

Yep, agreed. The Lakers have 23M in cap space, 27M if AD waives his bonus. That's still a good 10M short of what the max would be for Kawhi and I mean... they only have like 6 guys on their roster as is. Would they actually get rid of more + even Kuz to open that up?  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

https://985thesportshub.com/2019/06/26/kemba-walker-nba-free-agency-celtics-front-line/

I know yesterday I was against this signing, but if Danny can also find a way to replace Horfords defense I’ll be on board.

great..just don't know how we end up with another 2 QUALITY Centers - preferably taller than 6-10 - with the left over cap space.

« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2019, 12:03:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Looks like reporting on the same Marc Stein report.  I don't see how the reporter can say "front of the line" now.

I too am against this signing, but not just b/c there's no frontcourt plan; that will happen for sure.  I am opposed b/c the backcourt/wing situation is fine and I want those young guys to show what they can do without a superstar next to them

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2019, 01:45:07 PM »

• Don Nelson
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-sixers-interest-al-123655269.html

Embiid and Horford a possibility? If they lose Butler and Harris which sounds like will happen, watch out. Embiid would finally not have to worry about being stopped by Horford.

Horford would be great on that team as well. Scary combo if it would happen.

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2019, 01:46:39 PM »

• Don Nelson

You are probably right. Still gets me sick thinking about even the possibility of it happening. Cap space is a big issue right now.

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »

• Don Nelson

Yep, agreed. The Lakers have 23M in cap space, 27M if AD waives his bonus. That's still a good 10M short of what the max would be for Kawhi and I mean... they only have like 6 guys on their roster as is. Would they actually get rid of more + even Kuz to open that up?  :P

Right they would have to further gut the team. But Lebron is surely in GM’s ear wanting his next super team with a third superstar. Wah...get me Leonard...wah..get me Kyrie...wah...come join me and play for minimum. Let me grace you with my presence...😁

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-sixers-interest-al-123655269.html

Embiid and Horford a possibility? If they lose Butler and Harris which sounds like will happen, watch out. Embiid would finally not have to worry about being stopped by Horford.

Horford would be great on that team as well. Scary combo if it would happen.

I don't think that would be great for the 76ers. A big part of Al's value is that he can be a defensive anchor (same with Embid), does playing them together get them maximum value? Also Butler's biggest value was that he was their closer and could create shots for them at the end of the game (and he did good with that in the playoffs). Who is creating shots for them down the stretch? Embiid, reddick, horford, simmons? I think if they replaced Butler with Horford it would be a step back for them and also further rush their timeline as Simmons is entering his prime Horford will be a role player making max.

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2019, 02:02:54 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Looks like reporting on the same Marc Stein report.  I don't see how the reporter can say "front of the line" now.

I too am against this signing, but not just b/c there's no frontcourt plan; that will happen for sure.  I am opposed b/c the backcourt/wing situation is fine and I want those young guys to show what they can do without a superstar next to them

You can always watch high school basketball.

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

You can always watch high school basketball.

Someone clearly didn't get enough sleep last night..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different