Author Topic: Hield confident Lakers will take him second  (Read 10438 times)

Hield confident Lakers will take him second
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Saw this on Twitter earlier, Heild said he "saved his best for last" and is confident the Lakers will take him second overall. So, does this mean we have a chance at Ingram?

Re: Hield confident Lakers will take him second
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 09:21:37 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Yeah, I just saw that, too. It mostly seemed like he was just doing the usual draft pick talk. However, he did get a second workout with them, but I would imagine that they would trade down and pick up more assets rather than take him at 2. A Russell/Hield backcourt would be deadly in a couple of years.

I keep hearing that teams are worried about Ingram's weight, one of them being the Lakers. So, who knows, maybe he'll fall to us!

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Saw this on Twitter earlier, Heild said he "saved his best for last" and is confident the Lakers will take him second overall. So, does this mean we have a chance at Ingram?

no

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
If the Lakers truly want Hield, they should trade the 2nd pick to us for #3 and # 16/23...Ainge would do it.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Do you have a quote or link? I'd like to read and attempt to interpret through his words just how confident he really is

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:24:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
With LA and how they've been all over the place, but never really have said anything about Ingram, theres a shot. I'm not holding my breath though.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If the Lakers truly want Hield, they should trade the 2nd pick to us for #3 and # 16/23...Ainge would do it.

No, Anige would just wait for the next pick and grab Ingram, why give up the 16 and 23 for a player that would just fall into our lap. Then he can use 16 and 23 to sweeten an other trade.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He sounds delusional. I'd gladly take Ingram and pump him full of PEDs though. He would look like Hercules (or Lebron) in a month - receding hairline/giant forehead and all.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Do you have a quote or link? I'd like to read and attempt to interpret through his words just how confident he really is

He's plenty confident.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/6/18/11969832/la-lakers-draft-news-buddy-hield-workout-oklahoma

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2016/06/18/buddy-hield-confident-he-can-become-lakers-no-2-pick/

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/744254268606058496
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 09:37:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

And I'm more confident that they won't take him.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 09:37:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
It is his job to display confidence and inflate his own value. It is the Lakers job to be reasonable and chose the best player available though. I don't see any scenario where they take him at #2. I can possibly see them trading for a later pick to take him though.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 09:38:37 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
Yeah, I just saw that, too. It mostly seemed like he was just doing the usual draft pick talk. However, he did get a second workout with them, but I would imagine that they would trade down and pick up more assets rather than take him at 2. A Russell/Hield backcourt would be deadly in a couple of years.

I keep hearing that teams are worried about Ingram's weight, one of them being the Lakers. So, who knows, maybe he'll fall to us!

If he falls to us, Ainge's first move should be to resign Sully and have Ingram move in to live with him. He'll be up to normal weight in no time!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

If he falls to us, Ainge's first move should be to resign Sully and have Ingram move in to live with him. He'll be up to normal weight in no time!

LOL  "Brandon, we want you to uhm...'train' with Jared this summer. "

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40

LOL  "Brandon, we want you to uhm...train with Jared this summer. "

Love that

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2016, 10:10:59 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford

LOL  "Brandon, we want you to uhm...train with Jared this summer. "

Love that
Train? Like, Subway?