Author Topic: A Time-Waster For Your Thursday: The Case Of Sarah Phillips  (Read 9680 times)

Re: A Time-Waster For Your Thursday: The Case Of Sarah Phillips
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The other best part of the story was the guy that thought he was going to do the Scrooge McDuck dive into money by contributing memes.

Step 3, profit?

Well the whole idea that they're going to monetize twitter accounts is just wild.

See, to me that makes SOME sense. Obviously not to the level they were saying, but I know at this point every site I read is pretty much either directly or indirectly through following people on twitter. So I think you could justify it as advertisement.

I know companies are crazy about reaching potential clients, but the thought that they're gonna 'walk' (cuz we now know there is no face-to-face interaction in such things) up to some hipster and offer them a ton of cash for their 8,000 followers is just wild to me.

I'm far removed from understanding marketing at any level anymore, but my guess is that a covert ad through someones twitter account/blog/tumblr, etc. is both more effective and cheaper than any other form of advertisement.

So...what you're saying is that you want to combine wits and start a funny twitter account?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
The other best part of the story was the guy that thought he was going to do the Scrooge McDuck dive into money by contributing memes.

Step 3, profit?

Well the whole idea that they're going to monetize twitter accounts is just wild.

See, to me that makes SOME sense. Obviously not to the level they were saying, but I know at this point every site I read is pretty much either directly or indirectly through following people on twitter. So I think you could justify it as advertisement.

I know companies are crazy about reaching potential clients, but the thought that they're gonna 'walk' (cuz we now know there is no face-to-face interaction in such things) up to some hipster and offer them a ton of cash for their 8,000 followers is just wild to me.

I'm far removed from understanding marketing at any level anymore, but my guess is that a covert ad through someones twitter account/blog/tumblr, etc. is both more effective and cheaper than any other form of advertisement.

So...what you're saying is that you want to combine wits and start a funny twitter account?

BROOKLYN STYYYYYYLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OvFy-rBYE

All 80 of my followers eat up my every word - which is mostly just jokes about Papa John.

MattDotRich , if anyone wants to make the mistake of following me joining the likes of JE Skeets, Jacoby from Grantland and about three dozen scantily clad women who are DYING to meet me.

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Seriously though, just by employing logic - I'm about a billion times more likely to click on a link by someone who I'm following then even the smartest of ads (with the exception of the ones that show the basketball shoes I've been looking at recently. Those are CRUEL).