Author Topic: Blow it up Danny!.....  (Read 17995 times)

Re: Blow it up Danny!.....
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 12:14:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Bucks rotation is also completely different this year, due to Bud's system and preferences. Sure the top 4 are the same but look at all the pieces around them in the rotation. Completely unlocked Giannis and the whole team with shooting everywhere on the court and committing to a scheme on both ends.

No shame in losing to the Bucks, the shame is how they're losing.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Game 1 showed where this team's talent level is...

Games 2 3 and 4 showed how much Brad, Kyrie and Hayward hurt this team.

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Bucks rotation is also completely different this year, due to Bud's system and preferences. Sure the top 4 are the same but look at all the pieces around them in the rotation. Completely unlocked Giannis and the whole team with shooting everywhere on the court and committing to a scheme on both ends.

The thing that opened my eyes is Middleton is alot like Glen rice. I didn't know that before

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 01:16:38 PM »

Offline zeitgeist49

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
This team has plenty of talent. Ainge doesn't need to blow it up. Stevens has mismanaged the team in so many ways. And it is no coincidence that the Celts have played better without Kyrie. The Celts need to stop chucking up so many 3's, get more points in the paint and get a big next year who can protect the rim and rebound. Unfortunately, it seems Irving won't stay unless the Celtics acquire another all-star, such as AD. That means losing Tatum and other key players. And there's no guarantee AD will stay beyond a year. If Irving stays and Rozier walks, I am confident Rozier will have a breakout year with another team and average 20 ppg. Perhaps AD is the answer to the Celtics woes. Perhaps with AD they can overcome Stevens' mismanagement. In any case, the off season will be very intriguing.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rozier averaging 20 PPG...

What team is letting him shoot 20+ times a game?

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
This team has plenty of talent. Ainge doesn't need to blow it up. Stevens has mismanaged the team in so many ways. And it is no coincidence that the Celts have played better without Kyrie. The Celts need to stop chucking up so many 3's, get more points in the paint and get a big next year who can protect the rim and rebound. Unfortunately, it seems Irving won't stay unless the Celtics acquire another all-star, such as AD. That means losing Tatum and other key players. And there's no guarantee AD will stay beyond a year. If Irving stays and Rozier walks, I am confident Rozier will have a breakout year with another team and average 20 ppg. Perhaps AD is the answer to the Celtics woes. Perhaps with AD they can overcome Stevens' mismanagement. In any case, the off season will be very intriguing.

How can you even watch him this year, and even think that statement of yours even makes sense... What is with the Rozier lovers all of the sudden? He plain out stunk this playoffs... To put it into perspective, Rozier has yet to shoot 40% or more on FGA. Even if you spew out the 'starting numbers are better,' shtick, there should be no excuse for how horrible he has been this year.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 02:08:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I was just thinking about this earlier today. 

The Celts are a 49 team playing a 60 win team.  They should absolutely lose in 5 or 6 games.

If they had played a couple of tight games in Milwaukee and then managed to win a game or two at home while keeping the games competitive, that would be one thing.

I could feel sort of good about that. 

After everything, if this team found a way to play at a reasonably high level and salvage their dignity after the up and down season, it would be acceptable for them to lose to a far superior team with a MVP caliber player as its centerpiece.

But to lose three straight games, including two at home, by comfortable margins ... that's just painful.  They have been completely demolished in this series.  None of these games have been competitive, and Game 1 now looks like a major outlier where they caught the 1 seed napping. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 02:11:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

i'm 100% on the "keep the veteran leaders (smart and horford), let all the other established / paid players go, and see what jay and jay can become" train.

A plateau team unless one (or probably) both of the kids can make the leap into Top 10-20 players.

Yeah, probably.  But they'd be a lot more fun to watch than this team has been, and if they clear up the cap sheet, there would be a chance to add other pieces in the future once we're a bit closer to the right timeline for Jay & Jay.

I mean, what's the alternative?  Hope that Kyrie becomes something he hasn't been his whole career?  Put all the eggs in the Anthony Davis basket and hope he develops some leadership ability and some integrity, not to mention the ability to play a full season? 

Or should we just throw this whole team away and be terrible for 4-5 years in the hopes of drafting the next MVP? 

I don't trust Anthony Davis and I think keeping Kyrie without adding another guy who is significantly better than Kyrie (and who is capable of leading a team) would make the Celts a plateau team, as well.

My thing is, if we're going to be a plateau team, at least have them be young and likeable, as opposed to maxed out and irritating.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 02:25:40 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
so many people against Kyrie now, insane.

If Kyrie goes then I want a full on rebrand around Jays and Williams and picks.

Trade all the vets for youth on the verge of breaking out that fits. trade up in the draft, whatever, keep capspace and youth

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

i'm 100% on the "keep the veteran leaders (smart and horford), let all the other established / paid players go, and see what jay and jay can become" train.

A plateau team unless one (or probably) both of the kids can make the leap into Top 10-20 players.

Yeah, probably.  But they'd be a lot more fun to watch than this team has been, and if they clear up the cap sheet, there would be a chance to add other pieces in the future once we're a bit closer to the right timeline for Jay & Jay.

I mean, what's the alternative?  Hope that Kyrie becomes something he hasn't been his whole career?  Put all the eggs in the Anthony Davis basket and hope he develops some leadership ability and some integrity, not to mention the ability to play a full season? 

Or should we just throw this whole team away and be terrible for 4-5 years in the hopes of drafting the next MVP? 

I don't trust Anthony Davis and I think keeping Kyrie without adding another guy who is significantly better than Kyrie (and who is capable of leading a team) would make the Celts a plateau team, as well.

My thing is, if we're going to be a plateau team, at least have them be young and likeable, as opposed to maxed out and irritating.

A "fun & likeable" team that gets bounced in the first or second round year after year won't remain "fun & likeable" by much of the fanbase for very long.  Especially in a city like Boston. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
How about we play Baynes and Williams instead of Rozier and Semi?

Going small never works.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 03:06:55 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

How can you even watch him this year, and even think that statement of yours even makes sense... What is with the Rozier lovers all of the sudden? He plain out stunk this playoffs... To put it into perspective, Rozier has yet to shoot 40% or more on FGA. Even if you spew out the 'starting numbers are better,' shtick, there should be no excuse for how horrible he has been this year.

Because Rozier has been relegated to a second thought this year, and if anyone thinks he's the reason for the loses or the turnaround in the series just doesn't get it.

Maybe people should go back and watch how he played when the coach actually depended on him.  He didn't turn into another guy, this team just has a big "direction" problem.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
How about we play Baynes and Williams instead of Rozier and Semi?

Going small never works.

It really never does.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 03:08:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

A "fun & likeable" team that gets bounced in the first or second round year after year won't remain "fun & likeable" by much of the fanbase for very long.  Especially in a city like Boston.

Yeah, tp. In theory, it is a nice idea, but players tend to become a lot less likeable after their rookie contracts conclude and they finally getting paid. Then you have a guy like Rozier - imagine him making like $12M/yr right now instead of $3M. The Js look very solid, but they will have a lot more pressure on them when they are making max contracts (which they will if we go all-in with the youth movement and they are scoring 18-22ppg.

Put me in the keep Kyrie / acquire AD and see what happens crowd. If the team falls apart and AD leaves, then trade Kyrie for a package similar to what we are giving up for AD (Tatum, Smart, picks). At least we will know. If we just let Kyrie walk now, we will be in a similar position to AD leaving next offseason anyway.

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 03:11:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Because Rozier has been relegated to a second thought this year, and if anyone thinks he's the reason for the loses or the turnaround in the series just doesn't get it.

Maybe people should go back and watch how he played when the coach actually depended on him.  He didn't turn into another guy, this team just has a big "direction" problem.

Because Rozier isn't that good? No one is blaming the entire series on Rozier, that isn't fair or conclusive of the facts. That is why it is a team game, and why you cannot place the blame solely on Irving alone.

But he isn't great either, or he would clearly be running the 2nd unit consistently...

Again... I ask you, how good or 'great,' can a player be that is shooting under 40% FG.

All I hear is you guys claim he's a good player, where is the facts or statistics to back this up?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different