Author Topic: Current STM waitlist  (Read 14470 times)

Re: Current STM waitlist
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 05:17:19 AM »

Offline Newtonmom1

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
Good idea. It would be good to see what seats they are making available to people on the waitlist, vs current STMs.

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 12:56:03 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Finally got a repose back and all she said was they aren’t selling any partial packages right now. 

You’re only allowed to resell on Ticketmaster with high fees amirite?   Do they monitor that well?  Can you sell them on seatgeek?

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 02:48:53 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Finally got a repose back and all she said was they aren’t selling any partial packages right now. 

You’re only allowed to resell on Ticketmaster with high fees amirite?   Do they monitor that well?  Can you sell them on seatgeek?

Ticketmaster aka NBAtickets.com is the only 'official' reseller. Basically meaning if somebody buys your tickets they are out of your hands. If you sell them through other vendors, stubhub, craigslist etc. and somebody goes and causes a scene you are at risk of losing your tickets.

I've never actually heard that happening to anyone but that's the risk you take. Craigslist is also a f'n grind, it gets exhausting.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 04:41:09 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Ticketmaster aka NBAtickets.com is the only 'official' reseller. Basically meaning if somebody buys your tickets they are out of your hands. If you sell them through other vendors, stubhub, craigslist etc. and somebody goes and causes a scene you are at risk of losing your tickets.

I've never actually heard that happening to anyone but that's the risk you take. Craigslist is also a f'n grind, it gets exhausting.

Alright gotcha, thanks

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2019, 04:43:59 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
I heard from the rep and she said locations and pricing will come out tomorrow morning with an option to upgrade in April.

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

You can sell anywhere but, as jbpats noted, if you sell your seats off of TM and the buyer gets in trouble, you can get thrown out. I've also never heard of it happening.

Sadly, the fees on StubHub and TM are now closer than they've ever been. I assure you, it's not because TM lowered their fees. StubHub probably gets a little more traffic than TM, but prices are lower. Added bonus: If you book your tickets through Ebates, you get a 2% rebate (Send me a PM and I'll send you a referral link.).

Okay, here's something that jbpats said that will save you a lot of time and frustration. Don't. Get. Involved. With. Craig's List. There is nothing so frustrating as arguing about $5 for tickets with a person who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're." I would rather pay the $35 to get paper tickets and then use those tickets to give myself a thousand paper cuts than deal with Craig's List again.

Mike

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 10:12:49 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Here is a fun craigslist story.

I sold a pair of tickets last year through craigslist and accepted a venmo payment. Long story short the buyer used a fraudulent venmo account and as a result I got banned from Venmo because of it. Fortunately I was able to recoup the tickets, either way it’s made my life that much more difficult in sending money to friends and family.

Haven’t dealt with craigslist since. Place is beyond shady.

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 02:49:20 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
Ugh that sounds terrible.  I wonder how seatgeek is for selling because it looks easy.  I’ve been buying through them for a couple years and I like it.

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:13 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
You guys must make really good money on playoff tickets, no?

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 03:12:11 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Depends on tickets and your cost. A lot of people are selling now so there is a lot less meat on the bone, buyers have a lot of options. Also the later rounds get harder to sell for a profit simply because the cost for us as STM's goes up exponentially, factor in the fees tacked on less people can go or are willing to go
I remember two years ago, anyone trying to sell Cavs/C's ECF tickets got fleeced, there was no interest whatsoever. That was after the 7 game wizards series that was called 'our championship'. People were lucky to get their cost back, i know many did not.

I'm not sure what to expect this year, I think all match-ups are going to be good, so I think interest will be there. But at the end of the day it always comes back to supply and demand.

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Depends on tickets and your cost. A lot of people are selling now so there is a lot less meat on the bone, buyers have a lot of options. Also the later rounds get harder to sell for a profit simply because the cost for us as STM's goes up exponentially, factor in the fees tacked on less people can go or are willing to go
I remember two years ago, anyone trying to sell Cavs/C's ECF tickets got fleeced, there was no interest whatsoever. That was after the 7 game wizards series that was called 'our championship'. People were lucky to get their cost back, i know many did not.

I'm not sure what to expect this year, I think all match-ups are going to be good, so I think interest will be there. But at the end of the day it always comes back to supply and demand.

I feel like everyone knew we were toast in that Cleveland series and the east is a lot more competitive now.  It should be a lot better going forward.

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Ugh that sounds terrible.  I wonder how seatgeek is for selling because it looks easy.  I’ve been buying through them for a couple years and I like it.

I've had pretty good experiences on Seat Geek. I'd recommend them to a friend.

Mike

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2019, 03:21:11 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Was anybody able to determine what was made available to wait list members?

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2019, 04:24:26 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Was anybody able to determine what was made available to wait list members?

ive beena member for quite a while, but i know someone who was on the list for about 1-1.5 years and they just got 2 tickets in section 19