Author Topic: Celtics (4-0) at Heat (4-1) 5/1 Round 2 Game 1  (Read 133738 times)

Re: Celtics (4-0) at Heat (4-1) 5/1 Round 2 Game 1
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
SherrodbCSN A. Sherrod Blakely
#celtics d. Rivers was hopeful shaq could play in game 2, and added that he would play "for sure" by Game 3.

I never bought in that they were ever truly holding Shaq back. However, if he's a hopeful for Game 2 and a "for sure" for Game 3, I'll assume he plays Game 2 if the C's lose today, and sits Game 2 if they win.

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
#celtics d. Rivers was hopeful shaq could play in game 2, and added that he would play "for sure" by Game 3.

I never bought in that they were ever truly holding Shaq back. However, if he's a hopeful for Game 2 and a "for sure" for Game 3, I'll assume he plays Game 2 if the C's lose today, and sits Game 2 if they win.

I'm not sure they will decide on playing him or not in game 2 according to our results since there are a lot of day off between games 2 and game 3 (the C's can rest from Tuesday night to Saturday night) so I guess it makes more sense to give Shaq more prolonged rest before playing him. Of course being at 1-1 or 2-0 after game 2 would be a bigger reason to rest him even more.

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

I'm not sure they will decide on playing him or not in game 2 according to our results since there are a lot of day off between games 2 and game 3 (the C's can rest from Tuesday night to Saturday night) so I guess it makes more sense to give Shaq more prolonged rest before playing him. Of course being at 1-1 or 2-0 after game 2 would be a bigger reason to rest him even more.

Oh, you're right...didn't think of that rest between Game 2 and 3.

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Let's Go Celtics!! (clap clap clap clap clap) Let's Go Celtics!! (clap clap clap clap clap)

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Let's do it. Beat the Heat.

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I just pray we don't see a BBD/Green frontcourt today.  LeBron will probably flush it on both of them at the same time

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
I just pray we don't see a BBD/Green frontcourt today.  LeBron will probably flush it on both of them at the same time

I think we will see a good amount of Kristic today. Green btw can do a decent job on Lebron

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
self.imposed.forum.posting.exile.til.baby.is.older.be.[dang]ed!!!

Lets hand these primadonnas their arses on a plate!

LETS GO CELTICS!!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Final thoughts before my pregame walk on 33rd Ave NE.

The road team looks good in one game. Perhaps their win over SA was NO FLUKE!!!!

The Celtics lost Game One in the 2nd round in Cleveland, and Game three at Home before winning 2,4,5 and 6.... Two of those Cleveland players are employed by us now - Shaq and Delonte?

We don't have Shaq ready yet and Delonte is an X-factor in this series.

We need to guard the role players Chalmers (Clutch Player), Eddie House, and Freddie Jones.....

We should punish them down low early and often.

Rondo will draw Lebron over to defend.... Can his buddies KG, PP, and RA spot up and knock down the shots?

Do we take away Wade and Bosh and make Lebron be the superhero? I think that is the best philosophy.

Does Miami lock up in a close game with less than 6 minutes left?

Can Glen Davis continue to lead the bench brigade?

Does this become a hot tempered series like the Knicks?

See you at the post game show...... It is time for the pregame walk.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I think this is a reason why they would want to play him in Game 2 - they get him some game time and then a long rest to deal with any aggravation playing might cause.  We'll see though. 

But I don't think we have any plans to hold him out once he's ready to play.  We want him out there ASAP because he needs to shake off the rust moving forward too.

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119

I think we will see a good amount of Kristic today. Green btw can do a decent job on Lebron

Im fine with Green guarding LBJ out on the wing...I just dont want him at the 4 with BBD at the 5 when LBJ comes into the paint

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
The game can't start fast enough :)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2011, 03:19:13 PM »

Offline JT11

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 153

Im fine with Green guarding LBJ out on the wing...I just dont want him at the 4 with BBD at the 5 when LBJ comes into the paint

"James is 3-of-12 shooting (25 percent) with seven points and two turnovers when defended by Green."

Yeah, we'll probably see a lot of that.

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2011, 03:30:56 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
The game can't start fast enough :)

I'm trying the "zen" approach of letting the game come to me when it is ready.  Otherwise if we don't come out big my netbook is liable to land in my TV.

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »

Kiorrik

So I woke up, out of nothing, at 5:14 in the morning, Sydney, Australia. Drowsily I took my iPhone, pushed a button and swiped te screen, turning it on. My mind still dim from the thickness of the dreams that were haunting me mere seconds before - I still remembered a Scream-meets-Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-like storyline unfolding at the cost of me and my girlfriend - all I could think was: "Celtics! Celtics!".

Browsing NBA.com on that tiny device, I noticed the Griz were up by 7... which didn't "compute", since by my earlier (during the day actually) made calculations, had the Celtics playing at 2am Sydney time. Awake now, there is no doubt in my mind that working all weekend wrecked my brain to the point where calculation of time-zones - which has always been an area where my skills were sketchy at best - really made me mess this up.

So I dragged my hiney out of the bed, and while my girlfriend, waking up ever so slightly, asked me if I was alright, I could utter just one word:

Celtics!

Good morning, SB Nation, Celtics Blog, Friends...

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!